✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically a respectable pop song, to me, is one that is just particularly catchy with a tune that you always remember. To write a song like that is a fairly significant achievement. I guess that's why Paradise and PoC have grown on me so much. They're actually excellent pop songs.

Gaga has overdone herself in my opinion. Katy Perry can still stay relevant because she isn't TRYING to stand out, she just does, whereas Gaga has to dress up like a man at the MTV-VMAs - no doubt she is being creative, but it's a little much.

Bad Romance definitely isn't that great simply because I find that the tracks should end just over 3 minutes, not just around 5...

Ok, so I finally bought MX today and am currently listening to the album through (I'm at DLIBYH so I'm almost done!).

Before listening, I was worried that I wouldn't like it because (I think we all know) there has been some negativity surrounding the album. My expectations weren't as high as my former fangirl-self would have had. But now that I have listened, I quite like it.

It's definitely not my favourite Coldplay album. As of now it is my least favourite, but I will still enjoy listening to it. My favourite songs are Charlie Brown, Up in Flames, DLIBYH, and U.F.O. This album has a very different atmosphere and feeling than the past Coldplay albums. Very space-like and surreal. I'm still getting used to this Coldplay, but I like it. Not as much as the Parachutes and AROBTTH Coldplay, but I like it.

^back to the topic do u like the album better after listening to it again

Still sticking to my verdict of "2 or 3 really solid tracks, lacking elsewhere" (UWTB is the potential 3rd but it's really mood-dependent) DLIBYH is a track that I've pondered a lot more since first listen, because I'm actually sort of interested when I listen to it, but it's too much of a random and noisy mish-mash to really be enjoyable, which is a shame, because it could have proved an excellent pure pop number unlike several other tracks on the album.

Katy is ewwy. :(

Indeed. Thought she was sorta cute several years ago. Hasn't been the same since.