✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What song is better? Every Teardrop is a Waterfall or Friday?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o you guys gotta be fucking kidding and the guy who made this thread must be joking, but is not funny at all

Listen your being harsh, Friday's lyrics are plain and RETARDED

Now you will think "I rather be a comma than a full stop" like WTF?

Well that's what I thought when I heard "yesterday was sucking a lemon" or "there are two colors in my head" by radiohaead, cmon everything in my right place doesn't make any sense lyrically and it's still a song In one of the best albums of the last decade, oh and lets not talk about "I'm the walrus" by the beatles or any oasis song

:o you guys gotta be fucking kidding and the guy who made this thread must be joking, but is not funny at all

Listen your being harsh, Friday's lyrics are plain and RETARDED

Now you will think "I rather be a comma than a full stop" like WTF?

Well that's what I thought when I heard "yesterday was sucking a lemon" or "there are two colors in my head" by radiohaead, cmon everything in my right place doesn't make any sense lyrically and it's still a song In one of the best albums of the last decade, oh and lets not talk about "I'm the walrus" by the beatles or any oasis song

I understand Radiohead mocking, but really? The Beatles? Oasis too?

You ARE deluded.

I can see what you mean by the lyrics of Everything in its Right Place, I probably thought initially, "Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon", what the fuck is that?

But it's the counter-balance, Everything in its Right Place is a great song, the new Coldplay song isn't only not great, it's abysmal, and the lyrics are just pretentious buzz-words such as "The kids dance" or "Rebel song", it's just a load of vague cryptic bullshit. The lemon line is indeed vague, and cryptic, but it's not pretentious, it hasn't been over-thought, it doesn't sound like the songwriter has milled over it a million times as to how it can be applied to the target audience.

You forgive Radiohead because that song in particular is a great example of writing a good pop record that doesn't necessarily try to appeal to the masses, especially after the success of OK Computer.

However Coldplay is more like Scientology, you've come this far, don't turn back.

I can see what you mean by the lyrics of Everything in its Right Place, I probably thought initially, "Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon", what the fuck is that?

But it's the counter-balance, Everything in its Right Place is a great song, the new Coldplay song isn't only not great, it's abysmal, and the lyrics are just pretentious buzz-words such as "The kids dance" or "Rebel song", it's just a load of vague cryptic bullshit. The lemon line is indeed vague, and cryptic, but it's not pretentious, it hasn't been over-thought, it doesn't sound like the songwriter has milled over it a million times as to how it can be applied to the target audience.

You forgive Radiohead because that song in particular is a great example of writing a good pop record that doesn't necessarily try to appeal to the masses, especially after the success of OK Computer.

However Coldplay is more like Scientology, you've come this far, don't turn back.

l

I can tell you that the lyrics of ETIAW are average some parts nice-pleasant "I rather be a comma than full stop" or "you can hurt me bad, but i'll still raise the flag"

I'm so mad right now. I can't understand how's this compared to Friday.....I just....ughh :shame:

Shame on those people

l

I can tell you that the lyrics of ETIAW are average some parts nice-pleasant "I rather be a comma than full stop" or "you can hurt me bad, but i'll still raise the flag"

I'm so mad right now. I can't understand how's this compared to Friday.....I just....ughh :shame:

Shame on those people

The comma-full stop lyric actually made me laugh. Like full on, belly laugh.

People always told me that they'd rather listen to Bieber's songs than Friday to prove how bad Rebecca Black's song is.

I however, feel like it's better to listen to Black's song because at least we know for sure that it's for the laugh. Bieber's songs on the other hand, are more embarassing to listen to because people would assume that I condone to such musical taste.

Coldplay's ETIAW is like Bieber's songs to me.