✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where does ETIAW fit among classic songs?

good for you :nod:, but enjoying the song is not the same than considering it one of the best songs ever made, or one of the coldplay songs that will be remembered in the future, etc; as this poll suggests :blank:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi. I'm a Coldplay fan and my, and my tastes aren't exactly narrow.

Oh, and I enjoy the song. It's fun. :smug:

Yes, it's fun and its the perfect summer song. But it is no good compared to the other hits. Especially because it is a club song, too commercial and used the sample of a very known song which is inducing common people to believe that they committed plagiarism. Which is very sad.

Yes, it's fun and its the perfect summer song. But it is no good compared to the other hits. Especially because it is a club song, too commercial and used the sample of a very known song which is inducing common people to believe that they committed plagiarism. Which is very sad.

good for you :nod:, but enjoying the song is not the same than considering it one of the best songs ever made, or one of the coldplay songs that will be remembered in the future, etc; as this poll suggests :blank:

I agree. It's not even in my top 20 Coldplay songs. Forget about comparing it to the classics. Like I said...I like the song, but the results of this poll are just embarrassing.

Also, I think the OP probably could have picked a better Bob Dylan song than Subterranean Homesick Blues...that's not even considered one of his classics, is it? :thinking:

Coldplay fans are the ones who come here to talk only about Coldplay. They don't want to know anything else about other bands.

If you expect critics, you will find only a few here, since Coldplaying.com is a FANsite.

That seems like a narrow-minded way to view things. I mean, I understand that this is a Coldplay fansite, but there's so much beautiful music out there, and I don't feel it's right to devote your time just to one band and to not consider all of the other bands/artists that are just as good (or, in some cases, better) than they are.

About that other thing you said, you can be a fan of a band and still be critical about something they do. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact, it shows you can think impartially in terms of their music.

Exactly. I don't understand how you can consider a song a classic when it hasn't even been out for a week. :|

It wasn't as much about using it as ammunition, it was to stop idiots who debate the point "ITS A GREAT SONG!! LOOK AT THE NUMBERS!!!" when looking at the ratings thread. As I said at the start, I didn't expect as overwhelming a response for ETIAW as I hadn't posted it on the day of release, as when I logged on within about 20 hours of the single being out, a great majority had already voted between 8-10.

I wouldn't exactly be lol'ing though, it still won after it's only been out less then a week and even after I explained the premise of the poll, some pretty stupid people like this band. I wasn't even sure if it would win.

Guest howyousawtheworld
It wasn't as much about using it as ammunition, it was to stop idiots who debate the point "ITS A GREAT SONG!! LOOK AT THE NUMBERS!!!" when looking at the ratings thread. As I said at the start, I didn't expect as overwhelming a response for ETIAW as I hadn't posted it on the day of release, as when I logged on within about 20 hours of the single being out, a great majority had already voted between 8-10.

I wouldn't exactly be lol'ing though, it still won after it's only been out less then a week and even after I explained the premise of the poll, some pretty stupid people like this band. I wasn't even sure if it would win.

Why do you concern yourself with this band so much that you have to create a thread about them? It ain't even a funny troll effort like the others which actually are.

No offence but you won't exactly be getting a job with ComRes or You gov anytime soon either. And THAT is all I will say about this.

Eh, just scanning the list I'm pretty sure twistedpolitik and woohoo37 voted non-seriously too. So, voila, it didn't "win." And we really have no idea since it was open to guests as well.

But you're right, some really "stupid" people like this band. I'm not sure what that says. Every band has these kinds of fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...