✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

To those that got General Admission tickets. How did you select them on ticketmaster? Did you choose the Floor Seating option or best available? Thanks :)

same. i think that is the only thing that ticketmaster does right.

best available really does give you best available :laugh3::rolleyes::dozey::sneaky:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we can all meet up, that would be cool!!!

I also think this concert is gonna have a lot of Celebrities:) Being in L.A. and it's charity and it's the Grammy Foundation.

Random... The DJ on my local radio station today while introducing ETDIAW were talking about a couple of benefits Coldplay had coming up this summer, and they mentioned the L.A. one and I squeed like a little girl, yelling "Yep, Yep, Imma going to that!":lol:

Regarding the camera discussion, I've found it to be challenging to plan for what to bring to concerts, and it has less to do with what is printed on the tickets and more to do with the security for the event.

I think it is more difficult to bring any sort of camera into venues that regularly hold concerts and the like, and it can be a little more lax at venues such as this that are 1) one off shows and 2) aren't actual arenas and the like.

When I went to the hidden gig shows in England, I brought my Canon 5D MKII both times and openly took photos and no one cared. The only interference I saw from security was to talk to a guy who actually brought a tripod and videocamera and set it out in front of him to videotape the entire show (!!!).

On the other hand, I've gone to concerts at small wineries and been yelled at for taking a few photos with my phone...

The funny thing is, the better and more portable and capable technology gets, it seems like we take 10 steps backwards in some cases, like the talk last month about the iPhone possibly being disabled at concerts in the future (see Daily Mail story).

Jason

I hope we can all meet up, that would be cool!!!

I also think this concert is gonna have a lot of Celebrities:) Being in L.A. and it's charity and it's the Grammy Foundation.

Random... The DJ on my local radio station today while introducing ETDIAW were talking about a couple of benefits Coldplay had coming up this summer, and they mentioned the L.A. one and I squeed like a little girl, yelling "Yep, Yep, Imma going to that!":lol:

it's possible. katy perry and tom cruise went to the carson show i went to. and gwyneth was at the irvine show. which i also attended

it's possible. katy perry and tom cruise went to the carson show i went to. and gwyneth was at the irvine show. which i also attended

Well we know that Jimmy Kimmel will have his film crew there, because a few of their songs will be t.v. later that night:)

Regarding the camera discussion, I've found it to be challenging to plan for what to bring to concerts, and it has less to do with what is printed on the tickets and more to do with the security for the event.

I think it is more difficult to bring any sort of camera into venues that regularly hold concerts and the like, and it can be a little more lax at venues such as this that are 1) one off shows and 2) aren't actual arenas and the like.

When I went to the hidden gig shows in England, I brought my Canon 5D MKII both times and openly took photos and no one cared. The only interference I saw from security was to talk to a guy who actually brought a tripod and videocamera and set it out in front of him to videotape the entire show (!!!).

On the other hand, I've gone to concerts at small wineries and been yelled at for taking a few photos with my phone...

The funny thing is, the better and more portable and capable technology gets, it seems like we take 10 steps backwards in some cases, like the talk last month about the iPhone possibly being disabled at concerts in the future (see Daily Mail story).

Jason

I saw Mumford and Sons twice - once at the Palladium, where they wouldn't let me in with my camera and again at the Railroad Revival Tour in a parking lot in San Pedro. Didn't have the nikon at that show but security wouldn't let people with dslr's in :(. A lot of venues will specify no prof cameras and now I'm not willing to take the chance :(. But the Panasonic Lumix takes really good pics and is high enough resolution that I can crop and zoom if I need to when I edit. Hopefully this venue is small enough to get great pics :). Now I feel very fortunate to have gotten the tickets that I did!

Just because such things kind of fascinate me...

There are currently 535 tickets for sale on StubHub alone, ranging in price from $140-$535.

Here is a listing of what has actually sold, as of five minutes ago, the location, and what they sold for (price, section, qty, date sold):

$140 20 2 07/14/11

$141 19 2 07/14/11

$141 19 2 07/14/11

$141 19 2 07/14/11

$141 19 2 07/14/11

$150 21 5 07/14/11

$160 20 2 07/14/11

$176 7 2 07/14/11

$176 7 2 07/14/11

$182 6 2 07/14/11

$192 9 2 07/14/11

$210 6 2 07/14/11

$210 16 2 07/14/11

$215 8 2 07/13/11

$219 3 2 07/14/11

$225 9 2 07/14/11

$230 9 2 07/14/11

$230 GA 2 07/14/11

$230 GA 2 07/14/11

$235 6 2 07/14/11

$235 GA 2 07/14/11

$235 GA 2 07/14/11

$235 GA 2 07/14/11

$238 2 3 07/14/11

$239 GA 2 07/14/11

$239 GA 2 07/14/11

$239 GA 2 07/13/11

$239 GA 2 07/13/11

$246 GA 2 07/14/11

$249 GA 2 07/13/11

$250 4 2 07/14/11

$250 4 2 07/14/11

$250 5 2 07/14/11

$250 GA 1 07/14/11

$275 4 2 07/13/11

$299 1 2 07/14/11

$300 7 2 07/14/11

Jason

But the Panasonic Lumix takes really good pics and is high enough resolution that I can crop and zoom if I need to when I edit.

*high-fives fellow Lumix owner*

I love this thing. It's no DSLR, but I've gotten better results with it than fellow point-and-shoot counterparts. And I've never had a single venue in LA turn it away.

To those that got General Admission tickets. How did you select them on ticketmaster? Did you choose the Floor Seating option or best available? Thanks :)

That's the thing I couldn't figure out....none of the areas offered was GA ...just floor seating, loge seating & box. (I couldn't figure out if VIP was floor but I don't think it was.) I did get a pretty good seat asking for just one ticket but I don't want to be anywhere but the floor....If I can get one tomorrowI might be coming to join you in Cali Dianne!

That's the thing I couldn't figure out....none of the areas offered was GA ...just floor seating, loge seating & box. (I couldn't figure out if VIP was floor but I don't think it was.) I did get a pretty good seat asking for just one ticket but I don't want to be anywhere but the floor....If I can get one tomorrowI might be coming to join you in Cali Dianne!

Good luck Kelly! And VIP tix are the seated tickets behind the pit. Theoretically, the tickets themselves are available to anyone, but they're not releasing all those seats to the public. the VIP Experience is a whole package that just includes good seats.

So today, I received another email from Star 98.7 letting me know tickets go on sale tomorrow, a Ticketmaster performer alert, and another email from Ticketmaster announcing a "one-day presale" today from 10am-10pm with yet another password (MOVING2MARS).

They're really advertising a lot, unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be the ticket availability for the advertising they're doing..

So today, I received another email from Star 98.7 letting me know tickets go on sale tomorrow, a Ticketmaster performer alert, and another email from Ticketmaster announcing a "one-day presale" today from 10am-10pm with yet another password (MOVING2MARS).

They're really advertising a lot, unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be the ticket availability for the advertising they're doing..

I think they are worried about it NOT selling or something and over advertising the presales? Hubby said he finally heard them talk about it on KROQ, but there its been about the Incubis concert. Maybe they want everyone and their mother to know, as the ticket price is a litte more than the average concert? I dunno.. I just wish those GA were listed more today! :P I got my email from ticketmaster with my reciept at 10:03... so I was fast on, and no other options at that time.. lol