✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

Just got my tickets in Sec 17!

I was wondering (to all you Coldplayers) if this concert might be different from their normal festival like shows? i.e Butterflies, Yellow Balls etc

Either way im just so excited!

Has anyone ever been to the UCLA Arena before?!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering (to all you Coldplayers) if this concert might be different from their normal festival like shows? i.e Butterflies, Yellow Balls etc

Yes. It's pretty small, so no matter where you sit you will have good seats. It's actually really a tennis court.

Glad you got tickets, If you believe the advert for the concert it say's the artists only play an hour, but I feel they might give us alittle more, I am hoping so. If they play GPASUYF, like they have been in the festivals, I will be one happy camper:)

I love Coldplay<3. And this is going to be my first time going to a concert and I'm glad it's Coldplay:]. But I'm scared it's my first time and I don't know what to do (I'm going alone). And I don't even know if I got good seats! Ahhhh!

You'll be fine. Just have a good time and enjoy the music :cool:.

I love Coldplay<3. And this is going to be my first time going to a concert and I'm glad it's Coldplay:]. But I'm scared it's my first time and I don't know what to do (I'm going alone). And I don't even know if I got good seats! Ahhhh!

Be prepared for pure awesomeness!!! :D:laugh3::D:laugh3:

I was a fan of Coldplay, after my first concert.. I was a FAN!! And in love.. :love: hehe

Seriously, no stressing about it. Go, relax and have a freaking BLAST! :lol:

As I was typing I changed the channel and there was a clip of them playing VIVA on SNL!! hehehehe SO cannot wait!

Wow, I feel impossibly lucky. I wasn't online Wednesday or Thursday, until after 10 PM Thursday night, so I missed all the pre-sales. I dared to sign on to TicketMaster from work at 10 AM on Friday, and after about 10 minutes of refreshing the site I ended up with a single seat (all I needed) in Box Section AA, Row 7, Seat 11. From the venue map, that location looks pretty good. :) In any case, it's much better than my seat at the only other Coldplay show I've been to, almost exactly two years ago at Home Depot Center in Carson, CA.

Needless to say, I'm beyond excited at this opportunity. I'm way outside Coldplay's target demographic - I just turned 55 - but I feel as excited as a teenager to be seeing "my" band again! I hope to meet some Coldplayers at the concert.

Ro

Wow, I feel impossibly lucky. I wasn't online Wednesday or Thursday, until after 10 PM Thursday night, so I missed all the pre-sales. I dared to sign on to TicketMaster from work at 10 AM on Friday, and after about 10 minutes of refreshing the site I ended up with a single seat (all I needed) in Box Section AA, Row 7, Seat 11. From the venue map, that location looks pretty good. :) In any case, it's much better than my seat at the only other Coldplay show I've been to, almost exactly two years ago at Home Depot Center in Carson, CA.

Needless to say, I'm beyond excited at this opportunity. I'm way outside Coldplay's target demographic - I just turned 55 - but I feel as excited as a teenager to be seeing "my" band again! I hope to meet some Coldplayers at the concert.

Ro

Congrats, Ro! If you've been reading this thread, you'll see that Tracey "Martin Fan" and I are just as excited as you ;). And we are in our :::cough:::forties:::cough:::: so you're not alone :)

Congrats, Ro! If you've been reading this thread, you'll see that Tracey "Martin Fan" and I are just as excited as you ;). And we are in our :::cough:::forties:::cough:::: so you're not alone :)

Know what? We should just call ourselves "mature" fans and leave it at that.

I hope we manage to meet at the concert - I know you're a "Will Girl" too and I would love the chance to meet a fellow mature Coldplaying Will-fan. :) (Is that a small subset or what?)

Know what? We should just call ourselves "mature" fans and leave it at that.

I hope we manage to meet at the concert - I know you're a "Will Girl" too and I would love the chance to meet a fellow mature Coldplaying Will-fan. :) (Is that a small subset or what?)

HI RO!!! I'm tracey and I am on my tip toes looking over that dreadful fence:lol:, and I'm not mature at all:D:laugh3:

HI RO!!! I'm tracey and I am on my tip toes looking over that dreadful fence:lol:, and I'm not mature at all:D:laugh3:

Tracey, get off those tip-toes and stop looking at the AARP card looming on the horizon; you'll get there soon enough. ;) (Although I admit it gives me pause to think I'm old enough to be Coldplay's mommy, sigh.)

And I meant "mature" in physical years, not necessarily mental. I've been involved in some sort of fan activities since I was 16 and somehow, I still haven't stopped. Coldplay's my latest semi-obsession, but I feel like this is the one that keeps me moving forward so it's all good and no bad.

Tracey, get off those tip-toes and stop looking at the AARP card looming on the horizon; you'll get there soon enough. ;) (Although I admit it gives me pause to think I'm old enough to be Coldplay's mommy, sigh.)

And I meant "mature" in physical years, not necessarily mental. I've been involved in some sort of fan activities since I was 16 and somehow, I still haven't stopped. Coldplay's my latest semi-obsession, but I feel like this is the one that keeps me moving forward so it's all good and no bad.

:lol:AARP card!!!!

uhh I lied, it doesn't say anything on the website but I found this article on billboard.com. The article is about Coldplay playing the grammy gig and it says "Along with hour-long live music performances, each event will feature interactive activities and the chance to win prizes, including the Samsung Infuse 4G and a Summer Krush-branded guitar."

But ya I'm with you on that one, I hope it's more than an hour, like all the other festival performances have been :/