✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Third song starting with "U" "Under Roof" ?

Teardrop

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a wild thought, but what if the songs they're playing are not part of the album, but rather part of an EP that follow's LP5/s release?

I would say that's a fairly plausible theory--the guys can play new material without giving away any of LP5's content. The fans are happy, the festival crowds are happy, Coldplay is happy, EMI is happy. Win-win.

This may just be what they do.

I would say that's a fairly plausible theory--the guys can play new material without giving away any of LP5's content. The fans are happy, the festival crowds are happy, Coldplay is happy, EMI is happy. Win-win.

This may just be what they do.

Something new, maybe the EP is called LP5 or MX

I'd love to believe we'd have 10-12 new songs on an album and these new live ones are just goodies, but I really don't believe Coldplay consider any of these songs to be throw aways.

Have any of you read the blogs by Roadie 42 lately? I know you have. Actually, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

But you read how much he played up ETIAW and Charlie Brown already sounding like greatest hits.

Do you remember how Chris said something along the lines of, "you'll remember these songs someday".

These are not words that would or ever could have been spoken about any of the throwaways before AROBTTH. I realize a lot of Coldplayers don't like the new material, and I don't think there's anything wrong with hoping, but there are going to be a lot of people shitting all over LP5 if they aren't happy with what we've heard so far.

In the words of Zach Galifranakous (I'm not pretending to know how to spell his name...), check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I'd love to believe we'd have 10-12 new songs on an album and these new live ones are just goodies, but I really don't believe Coldplay consider any of these songs to be throw aways.

Have any of you read the blogs by Roadie 42 lately? I know you have. Actually, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier.

But you read how much he played up ETIAW and Charlie Brown already sounding like greatest hits.

Do you remember how Chris said something along the lines of, "you'll remember these songs someday".

These are not words that would or ever could have been spoken about any of the throwaways before AROBTTH. I realize a lot of Coldplayers don't like the new material, and I don't think there's anything wrong with hoping, but there are going to be a lot of people shitting all over LP5 if they aren't happy with what we've heard so far.

In the words of Zach Galifranakous (I'm not pretending to know how to spell his name...), check yourself before you wreck yourself.

I don't think most people necessarily dislike the new stuff, (Except for ETIAW and maybe studio version of Major Minus), I think they just want MORE new stuff. They don't want to feel cheated or feel like they've tarnished LP5 cause they've heard so much of it live already. Basically they want to go into LP5 with virgin ears, and while I somewhat agree, I also wouldn't mind if ALL the songs we've heard already made the cut, so long as we got an EP after with some of the other material they've written. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it seems to me that Coldplay may be entering or transitioning into thier "studio years" in which we could easily get 2 or 3 albums in 2 or 3 years. I know it's a stretch, but it would be nice cause I honestly don't believe they're gonna keep doing this into their 40's. I think they'll put out a couple more albums, bow there heads and say thanks for everything.

I think it's "Under 1 Roof", not "under roof"

I'd definitely have to agree with this. Good find! Can't believe no one's commented on what you said already. 1) It makes a whole lot more sense 2) It sounds a hell of a lot better 3) There definitely looks to be a "1" in between the two words. It's not just some random line that goes down + to the left at the top of it.

The new songs are all really great. No lie. But the thing for me is. I don't believe they wrote over 50 songs, maybe even 100 for this album (an insane amount either way) and THEN just decided they would give us songs that are going to be on the album for an EP? That's senseless. Why wouldn't they give us the BEST songs that DIDN'T MAKE IT to hold us over? They gave us a live album for free, Violet Hill for free, and they made two songs on VlVoDaAHF like Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love so you could get two songs for the price of one on iTunes. They did that THREE times in fact. So I really doubt they'd make us pay for the same songs twice. It's not like them. And I honestly believe ETIAW, Major Minus, and Moving to Mars are exactly what I said. The best songs that didn't make it on the album.

What you're also forgetting (not to be a butt here) is that there was a limited space on the album already. And that's not even including Chris writing all these 'brilliant new songs' as Will said on a twitter post. So I really don't think all the songs are going to make it on the album like I said before- whether or not they were planning on having that happen in the first place. And a major rule in their studio is keep things mysterious. I'm pretty sure "play half of the songs going on the new album live on 50 different occasions" doesn't exactly fit with that premise. It just doesn't work from any angle you look at it from. And of course they're going to remember the new songs. It's a Coldplay concert. How could you forget anything from that experience? It's got to be the best thing in the world!

I honestly believe more than likely MX/Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown will make it. Us Against the World possibly as well. The rest, I just don't see it. I'll bet there's still 15 songs in the run for the new album we haven't heard yet. I really wish they'd finalize the tracklisting though :|

@Fix42YellowClocks

I agree mostly, but especially with the part that MX/HLH, Charlie Brown, Princess of China and possibly Us against the world will be on the next album. I'm really sure with the last one because Chris said some words before UATW startet at Pinkpop... my thoughts.

^ Excellent post. Agreed on everything. :)

Thank you very much! [:

@Fix42YellowClocks

I agree mostly, but especially with the part that MX/HLH, Charlie Brown, Princess of China and possibly Us against the world will be on the next album. I'm really sure with the last one because Chris said some words before UATW startet at Pinkpop... my thoughts.

Yeah :) And oh, really? :inquisitive: What'd he say? Do you know/remember?

Plus 'Under One Roof' sounds more plausible from a song title / lyrical standpoint than just 'Under Roof'

What's everyone's thoughts on the word 'Voodoo' inside the butterfly? Is it a song title/lyrics or are we just imagining things? :D

When I was trying to photoshop some of the pictures to make things clearer I swear that's what it said in the butterfly too! And actually yeah, I definitely do think that it could be a title. If this album has anything to do with media control and stuff like that, it works perfectly. The people are used as if the media has voodoo dolls of them and are making them do exactly what they want without mind or will. It sounds like a possibility. [:

^ Maybe because they hadn't finalized the tracklisting . . . so it was questionable whether or not it would make the cut? :shrug:

Voodoo would be such a sweet song title :cool:

AAaaarrrrgghhh why you always complicating my thoughts?! :D

Now I'm not so sure if UATW will be on the next record...

Ah come on guys, I will wait and see... :P