✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What coldplay song do you listen to when you want to cheer up?

Kiame

I think Every Teardrop is a Waterfall works wonders. It's got so much energy and is a fantastic celebration of ...celebrating!

So when you guys are feeling down or angry or frustrated, what coldplay song do you listen to?

Xx.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First is was The Hardest Part, it's such a happy song(in my opinion) but now ETIAW gets me really happy everytime:D

You view The Hardest Part to be a happy song? Wow, isn't it amazing how the very same song can create two completely different interpretations and emotions. I think The Hardest Part is very regretful and sorrowful:

"Everything I know is wrong

Everything I do, it's just comes undone

And everything is torn apart"

But, that's the beauty of music I guess! It's always good to take something positive from everything though.

Yes, I agree, ETIAW is so happy. It is already one of my all time favourite songs - not from a technical perspective, but because of its message and emotion it carries. It's a fantastic thing that should be celebrated!

You view The Hardest Part to be a happy song? Wow, isn't it amazing how the very same song can create two completely different interpretations and emotions. I think The Hardest Part is very regretful and sorrowful:

"Everything I know is wrong

Everything I do, it's just comes undone

And everything is torn apart"

But, that's the beauty of music I guess! It's always good to take something positive from everything though.

Yes, I agree, ETIAW is so happy. It is already one of my all time favourite songs - not from a technical perspective, but because of its message and emotion it carries. It's a fantastic thing that should be celebrated!

I guess you're right about the lyrics , they're kinda sad and sorrowful but when the sun shines and im in the car or just in a happy (or not happy) mood I turn the song up and it makes me happy again, I get some sort of a happy summerfeeling with the song:D And for ETIAW it's just really happy en beautiful

Clocks, A Message, Rainy Day (the violins on the chorus are like the best in history), ETIAW (this especially, it works so well. I don't care how many people don't like it, it's not a bad song), Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven.

I especially like how their music has gotten happy. [: I mean some of my favorite bands out there like Radiohead or Keane or Travis all they write about is really sad things it seems- still...after ten or twenty years. :| They've always been different than those bands but I know they also get a lot of comparisons to them. The happy, uplifting vibe from a decent number of new songs and even the lyrics definitely separate them from other bands like that. They've really come into their own now I think, which is fantastic. :]]

^ Agreed. Some of Coldplay's best songs are sad and a bit depressing, (A Rush of Blood To the Head, anyone?) but I think it's because they haven't written very many 'happy' songs until now. I'm hoping LP5 will have the perfect mix of both :sneaky:

Definitely! lol And I think you see that with the new songs. The one's I mentioned are uplifting, Moving to Mars and Us Against the World have that slow, kind of sad vibe to it. And Major Minus is up tempo but I think the lyrics are more just anxious rather than happy/sad. I like what we have so far for sure. :D I love four of the six new songs (not Major Minus or ETIAW. I don't love them, I just think they're "great" rather than "amazing"/"incredible"). And unlike most people, for me the voice thing on MM doesn't even get me. I was just never as impressed by that song even live as I was with the others :P . btw This album will be epic sauceeeee!