✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I usually make my tapes on iTunes, and then go through and manually find the tracks on my computer, make a folder, compress it, then send it in.

This takes forever though...does anyone have an easier or faster method?

that's the way i do it too, if you have a mac that seems the best way to do it and as far as i know the only way too :)

here's how the files work:

The hard files, downloaded from itunes, is in your music/itunes folder.

When you drag music out of a playlist from itunes, you basicly make an editable copy of that song so this way when you edit it, you dont screw up the hard file.

I do. I have no idea what's wrong, I think my memory is corrupt or something.

nah, you probably have low ram...which is bad if your running like 10 programs at a time.

just use task manager to stop the programs you dont want: skype, windows messenger, last fm, etc.

What I normally do is make the playlist up, before highlighting the tracks and doing a "covert to mp3" making a 2nd copy. Make up the playlist again and start on editing the information (first is normally going in to set the track numbers up). Then it's a simple case of right clicking on one of the tracks to select "show in windows explorer" and it opens up the folder where all the tracks are, allowing you to zip it up :)

nah, you probably have low ram...which is bad if your running like 10 programs at a time.

just use task manager to stop the programs you dont want: skype, windows messenger, last fm, etc.

Impossible/improbable. Teh computer is only a few months old and there's 90% of my harddrive left. It just sporadically freezes and then won't turn back on afterwards. :stunned:

Check to see if you have any bloatware working in the background which automatically starts when you turn on the computer, a good way to check is going to run and typing MSConfig to bring up a tool which displays what programs start on boot.

When you drag music out of a playlist from itunes, you basicly make an editable copy of that song so this way when you edit it, you dont screw up the hard file.

Yes, that's always a good idea. :|

I accidentally did that and now I have to try to fix ~20 songs so they have the correct information again. :|

Yes, that's always a good idea. :|

I accidentally did that and now I have to try to fix ~20 songs so they have the correct information again. :|

its ok, itunes has the get info thingy that makes atleast getting the artwork and artist info easy.

I actually too the time to make album art :awesome:

Check to see if you have any bloatware working in the background which automatically starts when you turn on the computer, a good way to check is going to run and typing MSConfig to bring up a tool which displays what programs start on boot.

Thanks. Next time it will allow a start up I'll look into that. Hopefully I can get it all fixed.

Impossible/improbable. Teh computer is only a few months old and there's 90% of my harddrive left. It just sporadically freezes and then won't turn back on afterwards. :stunned:

no no no, Hard Disk and Memory are 2 different things. Hard Disk is your hard drive, where everything is stored, Memory is the amount of basically RAM/memory it takes to run a program. Your hard drive is over 100GB while your memory/RAM is probably around 3GB.

Have a lot of stuff on your hard drive wont do anything, but having a lot things running on my RAM/memory can cause your PC to crash

If it's a hard-ware problem, I assume it's got a year's warranty on it still, phone up and try and get them to repair it.

Check to see if the computer is getting enough of an air-flow, it could be cutting out as a safety measure because it's getting too hot.

no no no, Hard Disk and Memory are 2 different things. Hard Disk is your hard drive, where everything is stored, Memory is the amount of basically RAM/memory it takes to run a program. Your hard drive is over 100GB while your memory/RAM is probably around 3GB.

Have a lot of stuff on your hard drive wont do anything, but having a lot things running on my RAM/memory can cause your PC to crash

I don't think there is a lot of things running off it straight off. Just MSN, but I guess something else may automatically start up. It's just weird that it does it sometimes and then not others.

If it's a hard-ware problem, I assume it's got a year's warranty on it still, phone up and try and get them to repair it.

Check to see if the computer is getting enough of an air-flow, it could be cutting out as a safety measure because it's getting too hot.

Yeah, it still has warranty so I should be able to get it repaired if it is something else.

I have moved it and the problem persists. I'm going to look at cleaning the fan though to see if it's that. :(

I hope your not running Vista :nod: ...XP...ehh :P

Nope, Windows 7 :P

Yeah, it still has warranty so I should be able to get it repaired if it is something else.

I have moved it and the problem persists. I'm going to look at cleaning the fan though to see if it's that. :(

lmao you dont need to call tech support: trust me it's not worth it and WINDOWS 7!! :lol:

Ok you techies, I'm having the same problem as last mixtape exchange!! (It had never happened up until that point, which is strange that it's now a constant issue).

I've compressed my files into a .zip folder, but when I try to upload to mediafire or any other site, none of my .zip files show up when I'm browsing! So basically I can't upload them. :blank: