✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 10th Mixtape Exchange (Tapes due Mon., Aug. 8 @ 5 pm CST (GMT -6))

Violet

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shall i post my review on just a first listen? :undecided:

received a mixtape with 14 tracks, and played on ubuntu based OS's player rhythmbox.

track one

'ordered' on the player as 14, titled as sandcastles, from made up album shipwrecked on the rocks, length 2:40

sounds mellow, male voice, birds and a nice guitar playing, soft lyrics about love.

album artwork on my rhythmbox says: the sand band, all through the night.

never heard them before.

track two

ordered on player as 14, titled as low tide, length 2:30

guitar and drum, easy escale and nice rhythm, seems two guitars talking. oh some violin? :surprised: all instrumental, relaxing and evoking to lands as ireland.

album artwork says: bill ryder-jones, a leave taking soundtrack.

never heard that one before.

track three

ordered on player as 9, titled as landlubber, length 4:45

oh rocky track, powerful easy rhythm. male voice, i really like that track.

album artwork, shows in black and white drawing of some people on a boat near the coast.

track four

ordered on player as 8, titled as the jolly roger, lenght 1:55

fast track, seems like rockabily style or something to me.

album artwork shows same as on track three.

track five

ordered on player as 7, titled as smuggler's cove, length 3:53

oh my gosh i better not say what i thought :o i'd just say the lyrics reminds me to the legendary tiger man or something similar. like the guitar.

"would you let them pass". may be i had heard that band some time ago.

track six

ordered on player as 6, titled as aye aye captain, length 3:47

a bit like beach and country music, another male vocalist :wacky: started saying numbers, i like the guitar 'solo'.

track seven

ordered on player as 5, titled as seaweed, lenght 3:19

long intro with drums, and synth, youth joyful voice seems dreamy at times. sounds familiar.

track eight

ordered on player as 4, titled as the distant shore, lenght 3:40

starts with guitar, oh boy is some covered of the beatles, eleonor rigby. i love that song.

track nine

ordered on player as 3, titled as high tide, length 3:11

more male, legendary tiger man happy version style. :dance:

track ten

ordered on player as 2, titled as driftwood, lenght 3:34.

sounds like midlake or fleet foxes. there's a harmonica or something?

track eleven

ordered on player as 12, titled as coastlines, lenght 3:09

the begin sounds like other song, quite danceable.

track twelve

ordered on player as 11, titled as the little mermaid, length 5:03

duo vocals, male and female. talking about summer and love, is not the track, but somehow reminded me of some pete yorn or blanche song.

trumpets :dance: i like the guitar playing, solo part, seems it speaks, and how the trumpets join, there's even like a honky tonk piano? :awesome:

track thirteen

ordered on player as 10, titled as shark attack, length 4:26

a man saying some memory, picked keys and cried in the car? :uhoh: poor man.

melody is like so different to the lyrics. seems a bit screamo. :uhoh:

i think somehow the male vocalist sounds familiar... could be angel and airwaves or something?

track forteen.

ordered on player as 1, titled man the lifeboats, length 4:20

more male vocals, sweet voice. 'male song?' surf like melody, i can't get the lyrics well. good musical part.

or the mixtape maker likes the surf/country/blues melodies revival or is in a summer spirit.

it was good listen, pretty much enjoyed.

i'd give it a 9/10.

i liked the idea of the mixer of titling the tracks on related random names.

which makes me think the sender is an experienced mix tape maker.

i only managed to identify eleonor ribgy, which means to me good work from the maker, as gives me much to discover thanks to the tape done :)

sorry that my review is so short, i shall improve my english on that some day.

:thumbsup:

i wonder what the tracklist is. :D

I'm sorry for the long wait, guys. It takes a good chunk of time as it is with a 46-person exchange, let alone when I'm using dial-up Internet. I also had to deal with a few tapes having some minor technical difficulties, and I was trying to figure out how to rectify that.

Anyway, MOST of you have your tapes now. If you don't have a tape, it's because you've either already talked to me about a malfunction in the link I gave you, or you don't have one. I'm still waiting on three tapes. One will hopefully be in by tonight. As for the other two, I've PMed them, and I'm waiting for a response. Thank you all for being so patient.

the mixtape maker likes the surf/country/blues melodies revival or is in a summer spirit.

it was good listen, pretty much enjoyed.

i'd give it a 9/10.

OMFG that was quick!!

Hi, I made your tape. I'm really glad you enjoyed it but I'm disappointed you didn't play it in order, cos I spent quite a bit of time on the flow and ordering of the tracks but heyho...

I guess I have been in a summery mood lately. The tape has a definite blues/folk/country vibe to it, as that just happens to be the sort of music I've been listening too lately and I've been discovering lots of bands within that genre.

track one

'ordered' on the player as 14, titled as sandcastles, from made up album shipwrecked on the rocks, length 2:40

sounds mellow, male voice, birds and a nice guitar playing, soft lyrics about love.

album artwork on my rhythmbox says: the sand band, all through the night.

never heard them before.

This was meant to be the last track, a nice, calming, mellow end to the tape. This is off one of the most beautiful albums of this year, All Thru The Night by the Sand Band from Liverpool. I can't reccomend the album highly enough

track two

ordered on player as 14, titled as low tide, length 2:30

guitar and drum, easy escale and nice rhythm, seems two guitars talking. oh some violin? all instrumental, relaxing and evoking to lands as ireland.

album artwork says: bill ryder-jones, a leave taking soundtrack.

never heard that one before.

Again, this was meant to be a short, soothing track towardds the end. It's off a free EP of instrumentals by The Coral's old guitarist, Bill Ryder-Jones. The track is called Nothing Ever Changes.

track three

ordered on player as 9, titled as landlubber, length 4:45

oh rocky track, powerful easy rhythm. male voice, i really like that track.

album artwork, shows in black and white drawing of some people on a boat near the coast.

Yep, quite a powerful one, rocky but with a country vibe too. This is Band of Horses - The Great Salt Lake

track four

ordered on player as 8, titled as the jolly roger, lenght 1:55

fast track, seems like rockabily style or something to me.

album artwork shows same as on track three.

I would have expected you to say a bit more about this track, as it's the bonkers, wildcard in the mix. Really fun and upbeat with the sound effects. I love this song. It's called End of The Street by The Bees, a really great band, more people should check them out.

track five

ordered on player as 7, titled as smuggler's cove, length 3:53

oh my gosh i better not say what i thought i'd just say the lyrics reminds me to the legendary tiger man or something similar. like the guitar.

"would you let them pass". may be i had heard that band some time ago.

Why had you better not say what you were thinking..?? I have no idea who or what the legendary tiger man refers to. :\

This is a bit more rocky/country type music. It's The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club & the song's called River Styx

track six

ordered on player as 6, titled as aye aye captain, length 3:47

a bit like beach and country music, another male vocalist started saying numbers, i like the guitar 'solo'.

This band is called The See See, a fairly new band with members from both the UK & the USA. Their debut is my 2nd fave album of this year, it's just gorgeous. This one is called Little Tease.

track seven

ordered on player as 5, titled as seaweed, lenght 3:19

long intro with drums, and synth, youth joyful voice seems dreamy at times. sounds familiar.

Dreamy is a good word, it's quite spaced out, 60s, psychedelic stuff. A last minute addition to throw in a (slightly) different genre. Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind? - Tame Impala

track eight

ordered on player as 4, titled as the distant shore, lenght 3:40

starts with guitar, oh boy is some covered of the beatles, eleonor rigby. i love that song.

Yep, a cover of Eleanor Rigby by another Liverpudlian Neville Skelly. Again there's a folk/country influence going on with the steel guitar. His album is superb.

track nine

ordered on player as 3, titled as high tide, length 3:11

more male, legendary tiger man happy version style.

It's a bit rugged sounding this track. Has some great lyrics. Howlin' - The Black Keys

track ten

ordered on player as 2, titled as driftwood, lenght 3:34.

sounds like midlake or fleet foxes. there's a harmonica or something?

This is an english band called The Seal Cub Clubbing Club. Great name, huh? Their album is a complete mix of stuff, and this is one of the more relaxed tracks so I totally get the Fleet Foxes/Midlake compariosns but the rest of their stuff isn't this normal :lol:

Old World - The Seal Cub Clubbing Club

track eleven

ordered on player as 12, titled as coastlines, lenght 3:09

the begin sounds like other song, quite danceable.

This is By The Sea, a really new band, so this is one of their demos. Most of their stuff seems to be inspired by the sea and the coast, this song's called Old Coasts. Yes, very dancable and happy feeling, I love it.

track twelve

ordered on player as 11, titled as the little mermaid, length 5:03

duo vocals, male and female. talking about summer and love, is not the track, but somehow reminded me of some pete yorn or blanche song.

trumpets i like the guitar playing, solo part, seems it speaks, and how the trumpets join, there's even like a honky tonk piano?

This is beautiful, lyrics about meeting a girl he describes as a Winter Rose. Gorgeous. Yes, loads of instrumentation but not over-done. This is The Bees again.

track thirteen

ordered on player as 10, titled as shark attack, length 4:26

a man saying some memory, picked keys and cried in the car? poor man.

melody is like so different to the lyrics. seems a bit screamo.

i think somehow the male vocalist sounds familiar... could be angel and airwaves or something?

Another slight change to the overall genre of the mixtape. These are more of a proper rock band, I guess. Might sound familar cos they (especially the singer) sounds a lot like Biffy Clyro. If you're a Scottish rock band, I guess it's hard not to sound like Biffy Clyro really.

Yes, I Was Drunk - Twin Atlantic

track forteen.

ordered on player as 1, titled man the lifeboats, length 4:20

more male vocals, sweet voice. 'male song?' surf like melody, i can't get the lyrics well. good musical part.

This was meant to be the tape intro :( A nice, jingly introduction. It's The See See again, track's called Mary Soul. He's singing "Mary Soul, knows it all, Mary Soul, standing tall" etc

Tracklist: track ~ band ~ year of release ~ album

1 ~ Mary Soul ~ The See See ~ 2011 ~ Late Morning Light

2 ~ Old World ~ The Seal Cub Clubbing Club ~ 2010 ~ Royal Variety

3 ~ Howlin' For You ~ The Black Keys ~ 2010 ~ Brothers

4 ~ Eleanor Rigby ~ Neville Skelly ~ 2011 ~ Poet and The Dreamer

5 ~ Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind? ~ Tame Impala ~ 2010 ~ Innerspeaker

6 ~ Little Tease ~ The See See ~ 2011 ~ Late Morning Light

7 ~ River Styx ~ Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ~ 2010 ~ Beat The Devil's Tattoo

8 ~ End of The Street ~ The Bees ~ 2007 ~ Octopus

9 ~ The Great Salt Lake ~ Band of Horses ~ 2006 ~ Everything All The Time

10 ~ Yes, I Was Drunk ~ Twin Atlantic ~ 2011 ~ Free

11 ~ Winter Rose ~ The Bees ~ 2010 ~ Every Step's A Yes

12 ~ Old Coasts ~ By The Sea ~ 2011 ~ demo

13 ~ Nothing Ever Changes ~ Bill Ryder-Jones ~ 2011 ~ A Leave Taking

14 ~ Song That Sorrow Sings ~ The Sand Band ~ 2011 ~ All Through The Night

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hdpmsja54t2147l

Oh and to whoever made mine, I have d/loaded it & was planning to give it it's first listen tonight but this review coming in so quickly has thrown that completely. It's past 1am now, I'm going to bed :lol: Will be listening tomorrow and will review before Thursday, at the latest :)

OMFG that was quick!!

Hi, I made your tape. I'm really glad you enjoyed it but I'm disappointed you didn't play it in order, cos I spent quite a bit of time on the flow and ordering of the tracks but heyho...

I guess I have been in a summery mood lately. The tape has a definite blues/folk/country vibe to it, as that just happens to be the sort of music I've been listening too lately and I've been discovering lots of bands within that genre.

This was meant to be the last track, a nice, calming, mellow end to the tape. This is off one of the most beautiful albums of this year, All Thru The Night by the Sand Band from Liverpool. I can't reccomend the album highly enough

Again, this was meant to be a short, soothing track towardds the end. It's off a free EP of instrumentals by The Coral's old guitarist, Bill Ryder-Jones. The track is called Nothing Ever Changes.

Yep, quite a powerful one, rocky but with a country vibe too. This is Band of Horses - The Great Salt Lake

I would have expected you to say a bit more about this track, as it's the bonkers, wildcard in the mix. Really fun and upbeat with the sound effects. I love this song. It's called End of The Street by The Bees, a really great band, more people should check them out.

Why had to better not say what you were thinking..?? I have no idea who or what the legendary tiger man refers to. This is a bit more rocky/country type music. The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club & the song's called River Styx

This band is called The See See, a fairly new band with members from both the UK & the USA. Their debut is my 2nd fave album of this year, it's just gorgeous. This one is called Little Tease.

Dreamy is a good word, it's quite spaced out, 60s, psychedelic stuff. A last minute addition to throw in a (slightly) different genre. Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind? - Tame Impala

Yep, a cover of Eleanor Rigby by another Liverpudlian Neville Skelly. Again there's a folk/country influence going on with the steel guitar. His album is superb.

It's a bit rugged sounding this track. Has some great lyrics. Howlin' - The Black Keys

This is an english band called The Seal Cub Clubbing Club. Great name, huh? Their album is a complete mix of stuff, and this is one of the more relaxed tracks so I totally get the Fleet Foxes/Midlake compariosns but the rest of their stuff isn't this normal :lol:

Old World - The Seal Cub Clubbing Club

This is By The Sea, a really new band, so this is one of their demos. Most of their stuff seems to be inspired by the sea and the cost, this song's called Old Coasts. Yes, very dancable and happy feeling, I love it.

This is beautiful, lyrics about meeting a girl he describes as a Winter Rose. Gorgeous. Yes, loads of instrumentation but not over-done. This is The Bees again.

Another slight change to the overall genre of the mixtape. These are more of a proper rock band, I guess. Might sound familar cos they (especially the singer) sounds a lot like Biffy Clyro. If you're a Scottish rock band, I guess it's hard not to sound like Biffy Clyro really.

Yes, I Was Drunk - Twin Atlantic

This was meant to be the tape intro :( A nice, jingly introduction. It's The See See again, track's called Mary Soul. He's singing "Mary Soul, knows it all, Mary Soul, standing tall" etc

i'm sorry my player didn't play it in the right order. :(

i'll reorder it and listen the way you prepared it :)

thanks a lot for getting me into new bands and re-discover some others. :thumbsup:

again sorry that my reviews are short.

what i meant with the legendary tiger man, is a solo project of the singer of portuguese band wraygunn, sounds like blues-early rock style.

Wow. A review already. Crazy. :dead:

I'm going to go listen to mine within the confines of my room. :wacky:

EDIT: No, Ricardo, you're fine. I didn't even read your comment until after I was finished sending everything and dealing with stuff.

i'm sorry my player didn't play it in the right order. :(

i'll reorder it and listen the way you prepared it :)

thanks a lot for getting me into new bands and re-discover some others. :thumbsup:

again sorry that my reviews are short.

what i meant with the legendary tiger man, is a solo project of the singer of portuguese band wraygunn, sounds like blues-early rock style.

That's ok :nice: Must be an ok mixtape then if you are happy to give it a second listen :lol: Just out of interest which of the bands will you be checking out?

Btw, when you posted your last.fm account, I nearly had a heart-attack over the amount of bands you've listened to so I'm glad I was able to provide you with something new :laugh3:

Also, I didn't realise I had two track 14's. D'oh :facepalm:

That's ok :nice: Must be an ok mixtape then if you are happy to give it a second listen :lol: Just out of interest which of the bands will you be checking out?

Btw, when you posted your last.fm account, I nearly had a heart-attack over the amount of bands you've listened to so I'm glad I was able to provide you with something new :laugh3:

Also, I didn't realise I had two track 14's. D'oh :facepalm:

i'll check them all :) although i already knew the black keys, the black rebel motorcycle club and band of horses. that style is one i hadn't knew so well and wanted to get into some time soon.

haha, sorry, i used to listen to a lot of music some time ago, thought mainly were portuguese, french and recently i checked spanish music so i've been a bit off english speaking music.

may be what changed the order, is that i played it on a different music player than yours, it happen at times.

mind aswell may be my review was short due to here is so past midnight.

Ok, here it goes!

1 - This intro is amazing, love the voice, it sounds like Brandon Flowers actually, not sure though... It sounds kind of intimate too, loved it!

2 - Ah! I know this song!! Time to Pretend - MGMT, absolutely love this track, it's kind of groovy and as a great vibe. I felt incredibly happy after listening to this! Although I already knew this song it's awesome to be in the mixtape.

3 - I have no clue of what this is...I like it a lot, specially the beat. The very beginning of the song made me remember "I Want to Break Free" by Queen, I don't know why haha. I think it is a cute song, it's definitely my kind of music, I want to listen to more music by this band/singer.

4 - I had to listen to this track more than three times to decide if I like it or not. Although I'm not a big fan of female voices I actually like this. Not my favorite, but I kind of liked it.

5* - I know this song! I've heard it on the radio, Hawaiian Air by Friendly Fires, this is absolutely WONDERFUL! I'm so addicted to this right now :bomb: I started dancing while dancing to this. Thanks very much for this, secret mixtape maker!!

6 - This is definitely White Lies! I recognize the voice and the style, I'm not a huge White Lies fan but I adore this! If I'm wrong, this is still one of my favorite songs of the mixtape.

7 - OMG!! I had a eargasm when this song began! haha The guitar riff it's just awesome. I'm addicted to this track too. After I finished listening the mixtape I put this song on repeat :P

8 - Ah...a slower and softer track, very cool, it calmed me down a bit and made me smile. Liked the voice a lot, the piano fits wonderfully in the song, it sounds a little like a cool soundtrack for something and it makes me remember Mumford & Sons' style a little bit (I know it isn't though, don't know why I think it sounds like them, but I thought I about them while the song was playing haha)

9* - I like this, but I think it's too short, in the end I felt that something was missing (don't know if I'm making any sense haha). A slow and intimate song, didn't love it, but it's a nice track :)

10 - I honestly don't know what to say about this track...I kind of like it, not my favorite, I like the lyrics and the acoustic guitar a lot. I feel like I heard this before.

11 - Ohh...this is good! I really like this style of songs! It's one of those amazing tracks that I want to listen in the car with my friends on trip to some place fun :D Seriously cool.

12* - My least favorite...don't know why, it's not a bad song...I usually like this kind of music, probably I didn't understand the lyrics that well...the voice was cute though :thinking:

13 - When this song started I automatically thought about The National, might be wrong...but I still love this, and the voice is very good.

14 - OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! Sing For Absolution!!! :cheesy: My heart nearly stopped, of course I know this brilliant song by the amazing band Muse! :D This is a BEAUTIFUL song! Thanks for this!

15 - Of all the songs I didn't know on this mixtape this one is the one I love the most! Lovely, very "summer" and danceable! I gave a listen twice and in the second time I was already trying to sing the chorus! :D

16* - Ha! The banjo never lies, this is Mumford & Sons! I knew this song already but it's beautiful and it fits the ending songs of the mixtape perfectly! Slower, calm and wonderful.

17* - I don't know why but this song makes a great ending! Seriously, it was an awesome way to end the mixtape. :D Loved it!

Overall, I LOVED it! The mixtape flows very well and naturally, the mixtape maker, probably, has a music taste very similar to mine and likes Indie/Alternative/Folk Rock...

:nice: Thank you so much for taking the time to make a mixtape, I enjoyed it very much! :awesome: I'm sorry if my reviews are a bit short, but I'm awful with words and my english has limits :lol:

Btw...some of the songs had the information on itunes, it's not a big deal, just warning you, so you know next time you do a mixtape to be more careful :) I marked the songs with information with a *

This got like 4 copyright notifications :laugh3:

First Reactions and Impressions :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft7DONHkxkE]‪Coldplaying Mix Tape Review‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Verdict:

I love this mix tape!

A lot of guitar, upbeat rhythms, I'm a string freak :D

I love tracks:

Thanks to who ever made this mix tape: it was AWESOME!!!!

Time for my review...

Track 1a&b: The song starts with narration from I Hercules the animated film (though I've never watched it). Definitely an interesting way to start off a mixtape. Not something I was expecting at all …haha!

Track 2: Song opens with some birds. It then breaks with drums, guitar and piano. The piano sounds pretty good. The vocals come in and aren't so bad, and they sound maybe a little familiar. The song reminds me sort of something that Coldplay or Muse or U2 might do, particuarly with the piano. The more I listen to this the more the vocals sound familiar. I like this song… it's pretty good!

Track 3: This track opens with guitars and heavy drums. The song then continues with some glockenspiel sounds and a hard driving bass. Then the vocals come in. They sound good. I like how this song is sounding it's different than I was expecting from the initial few seconds. To be honest the vocals remind me a little bit of MGMT.

Track 4: Song opens with some autotuned and programing sounded piano. The song then really picks up with drums. The song is very catchy and makes you want to dance. The overall song is really catchy and the higher ranged vocals work well. The overall mix of the songs is really good because although it's upbeat it still has a spacey sound. One of my favorites so far.

Track 5: The song opens with some mixed up sounding guitars. It then breaks into the song. The guitars sound pretty good. As the song progresses I like the sound more and more. Definitely a catchy song.

Track 6: The song starts with electronic sounds. Sounds a bit like at first something from the 80's or 90's. Then comes more synths and drums. I actually kind of really like the overall sound and arrangement of this song and it's really catchy. The chorus is also really catchy and the harmonies are good! I really like this one a lot overall.

Track 7: Song opens with some guitars that have a tremolo effect to it. Then comes in more dancey beats and rhythms. In terms of vocals i'm not so sure if I like it. It reminds me a lot of Sufjan Stevens (perhaps it even is him). Actually during this other verse I really don't like the vocals. I think the arrangement of the instruments and also background vocals is really great, but the lead vocals throw me off. If the lead vocals were different this might be my favorite song so far.

Track 8: I actually know this song! It's Land of Talk! The song is Quarry Hymns. I really like this song a lot. The acoustic version of this song they sing is really great. To my mixtape maker if you haven't seen it you should check it out!

Track 9: Song opens with acoustic guitar. The harmonies are really nice. And just from it I can tell this is a cover of Arcade Fire's Wake Up. The vocals are pretty good and work well. I like this really stripped down cover and also the bass drum almost sounding like canon fire as if this song was being played during a war scene in a movie or something. Really good cover!

Track 10: Song opens with acoustic guitar. From the vocals it sounds a lot like Hey Rosetta, though I'm not sure if it is the more I listen to it. But I do really like the vocals.

Track 11: The song opens with a nice electric guitar followed by an acoustic guitar. The song sounds good so far. Not sure I like the vocals though. The overall arrangement of the song and background vocals are good, but the lead vocals I can't get into.

Track 12: I recognize this song too! It's The National! I can't remember the song title but I really like this song a lot! just a great song!

Track 13: This song is extremely dancey from the get go. It makes you want to dance around, definitely works with a lot of the other songs on the mix, and is a good contrast to previous acoustic songs. Not sure if I'm a huge fan of the song. Like I enjoy it, but part of me things it might be a little to over the top.

Track 14: The song opens up with some really great and catchy drums. Then some chanting kind of sounds come in. I do really like the song so far. It then gets a bit heavy with guitars and bass. The vocals work pretty well with the songs. I really like this song a lot. The overall arrangement, feel, rhythm and song is great! I would say this is my favorite song of the mix.

Track 15: The song with guitars. The vocals come in with the melody and I know this song. I don't remember who it is, but I've heard this song before.

Track 16: We get to the final track of the mix. It opens with talking from Inception. The mix sort of starts how it ends by using talking from movies. I then breaks into piano. And from there it's some strings that are added. i really like this so far. Then some synths come in and then the song comes more of a dance song. It's a really interesting song and I really like it… definitely one of the highlights.

Overall I really like this mixtape quite a bit. I found it was a good variety of electronic/dance, acoustic/folk, singer-songwriter and also some strings/classical. Besides the first song (both parts) I enjoyed every track on this. There were parts in some songs that I wasn't a huge fan of, but other things made up for it. Still it was a really good mix and I'm interested to find out about tracks 2, 4, 6, 14 and 16. My favorite was definitely track 14.

Well done mixtape maker! :thumbsup:

This got like 4 copyright notifications :laugh3:

First Reactions and Impressions :P

‪Coldplaying Mix Tape Review‬‏ - YouTube

Verdict:

I love this mix tape!

A lot of guitar, upbeat rhythms, I'm a string freak :D

I love tracks:

Thanks to who ever made this mix tape: it was AWESOME!!!!

Whoever made your mixtape is awesome. I recognized half the bands on there (althoguh you only listened to clips of 20 seconds...) and I absolutely love them. Congrats to your mixtape partner.

Whoever made your mixtape is awesome. I recognized half the bands on there (althoguh you only listened to clips of 20 seconds...) and I absolutely love them. Congrats to your mixtape partner.

Like I said, I went through all the songs when the video was processing, but whoever he/she is, they nailed my tastes right on the mark! :D

Ok, here it goes!

HELLO INES :heart: I was INCREDIBLY happy to be your mixtape partner! :awesome:

1 - This intro is amazing, love the voice, it sounds like Brandon Flowers actually, not sure though... It sounds kind of intimate too, loved it!

It is Brandon Flowers, that man <3 The intro and outro match because they are the intro and outro of Sam's Town, and this is Enterlude

2 - Ah! I know this song!! Time to Pretend - MGMT, absolutely love this track, it's kind of groovy and as a great vibe. I felt incredibly happy after listening to this! Although I already knew this song it's awesome to be in the mixtape.

One of my absolute favorite MGMT songs.

3 - I have no clue of what this is...I like it a lot, specially the beat. The very beginning of the song made me remember "I Want to Break Free" by Queen, I don't know why haha. I think it is a cute song, it's definitely my kind of music, I want to listen to more music by this band/singer.

This is one of my favorite Gorillaz songs, because it's kind of cheerful. :wacky: This one is On Melancholy Hill by them, and I'm glad you liked it!

4 - I had to listen to this track more than three times to decide if I like it or not. Although I'm not a big fan of female voices I actually like this. Not my favorite, but I kind of liked it.

Yeah, this is probably the one song I really thought hard about putting on. It's a depressing, but beautiful song by the singer Susanne Sundfør

5* - I know this song! I've heard it on the radio, Hawaiian Air by Friendly Fires, this is absolutely WONDERFUL! I'm so addicted to this right now :bomb: I started dancing while dancing to this. Thanks very much for this, secret mixtape maker!!

LOVE this song, it's like my song of the summer <3 and no problem, it makes me dance too :awesome:

6 - This is definitely White Lies! I recognize the voice and the style, I'm not a huge White Lies fan but I adore this! If I'm wrong, this is still one of my favorite songs of the mixtape.

Yup, this is White Lies with Holy Ghost. I was in a really White Lies-y mood when I made this, I couldn't leave them out. :wacky:

7 - OMG!! I had a eargasm when this song began! haha The guitar riff it's just awesome. I'm addicted to this track too. After I finished listening the mixtape I put this song on repeat :P

I am so happy you like this! I took a risk with this mixtape and included two songs by local bands- this is the first one. It is Rain & Mud by Only Living Boy, who are actually from very near me and I saw them live a few months ago. They're actually better live than in the album!

8 - Ah...a slower and softer track, very cool, it calmed me down a bit and made me smile. Liked the voice a lot, the piano fits wonderfully in the song, it sounds a little like a cool soundtrack for something and it makes me remember Mumford & Sons' style a little bit (I know it isn't though, don't know why I think it sounds like them, but I thought I about them while the song was playing haha)

I wouldn't have thought of Mumford & Sons but I can definitely see where you hear them in this song. . .this is Lippy Kids by Elbow, from their new album Build A Rocket Boys!

9* - I like this, but I think it's too short, in the end I felt that something was missing (don't know if I'm making any sense haha). A slow and intimate song, didn't love it, but it's a nice track :)

Oh I agree, it's way too short! :P And this is Seaside by The Kooks

10 - I honestly don't know what to say about this track...I kind of like it, not my favorite, I like the lyrics and the acoustic guitar a lot. I feel like I heard this before.

This track is actually pretty new to me too, I only heard it the first time about a month ago! This is Helplessness Blues from the album of the same name by Fleet Foxes. A lot of their music has that same mellow feel to it.

11 - Ohh...this is good! I really like this style of songs! It's one of those amazing tracks that I want to listen in the car with my friends on trip to some place fun :D Seriously cool.

Exactly how I listen to it; on the car on the way to somewhere fun. This is Everlasting Light, the opening track to the album Brothers by The Black Keys.

12* - My least favorite...don't know why, it's not a bad song...I usually like this kind of music, probably I didn't understand the lyrics that well...the voice was cute though :thinking:

I was kind of "meh" about putting this one in, but I did anyway. . . it's kind of pop-y, unlike the rest of the mixtape so it *sort of* doesn't fit in. It's Saliva by Mew, and the singer is Jonas Bjerre (the one that Lory loves lol)

13 - When this song started I automatically thought about The National, might be wrong...but I still love this, and the voice is very good.

Yup, this is The National with Anyone's Ghost, my favorite song by them. :wacky:

14 - OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! Sing For Absolution!!! :cheesy: My heart nearly stopped, of course I know this brilliant song by the amazing band Muse! :D This is a BEAUTIFUL song! Thanks for this!

Ines, I just can't make a mixtape without any Muse in it. I knew you'd know the song, but I figured "what the hell". :awesome: One of the least appreciated Muse songs imo <3

15 - Of all the songs I didn't know on this mixtape this one is the one I love the most! Lovely, very "summer" and danceable! I gave a listen twice and in the second time I was already trying to sing the chorus! :D

Again, I'm SO happy you liked it! :awesome: :wacky: This is the second song by a local band, Indian Princess, and I actually have a bit of a story to go with it, bear with me. :P My friend and I were volunteering at a little music festival nearby, and while we were scrubbing tables we heard them come on. We rushed to finish and went to see who was performing, and we just fell in love with this band. :cheesy: We actually stalked the drummer for the rest of the day because he was super duper hawt. :dazzled: If you like this song, the rest of their album is actually downloadable for free here

16* - Ha! The banjo never lies, this is Mumford & Sons! I knew this song already but it's beautiful and it fits the ending songs of the mixtape perfectly! Slower, calm and wonderful.

Yup, with modern music if it's a banjo, it's Mumford. :awesome: Awake My Soul here. :nice:

17* - I don't know why but this song makes a great ending! Seriously, it was an awesome way to end the mixtape. :D Loved it!

Aaaand, this is the matching track to #1, Exitlude by The Killers. :heart:

Overall, I LOVED it! The mixtape flows very well and naturally, the mixtape maker, probably, has a music taste very similar to mine and likes Indie/Alternative/Folk Rock...

:nice: Thank you so much for taking the time to make a mixtape, I enjoyed it very much! :awesome: I'm sorry if my reviews are a bit short, but I'm awful with words and my english has limits :lol:

Phew, I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I was worried you'd know all the tracks because are music tastes are almost identical :freak: And no problem, I hope you liked it enough to participate again next mixtape exchange <3

Btw...some of the songs had the information on itunes, it's not a big deal, just warning you, so you know next time you do a mixtape to be more careful :) I marked the songs with information with a *

Oh no! :bigcry: SO sorry about that Ines, I was having trouble with deleting the info but I didn't realize I had derp'd that much. :sad:

I can't even say how happy I was that

a) you were my partner

b) you enjoyed the mixtape! :blush:

Here's the full tracklisting, song/album/artist

1. Enterlude- Sam's Town- The Killers

2. Time to Pretend- Oracular Spectacular- MGMT

3. On Melancholy Hill- Plastic Beach- Gorillaz

4. Turkish Delight- The Brothel- Susanne Sundfør

5. Hawaiian Air- Pala- Friendly Fires

6. Holy Ghost- Ritual- White Lies

7. Rain & Mud- Only Living Boy- Only Living Boy

8. Lippy Kids- Build A Rocket Boys!- Elbow

9. Seaside- Inside In/Inside Out- The Kooks

10. Helplessness Blues- Helplessness Blues- Fleet Foxes

11. Everlasting Light- Brothers- The Black Keys

12. Saliva- Half The World Is Watching Me- Mew

13. Anyone's Ghost- High Violet- The National

14. Sing For Absolution- Absolution- Muse

15. Diamonds & Dollars- Indian Princess- Indian Princess

16. Awake My Soul- Sigh No More- Mumford & Songs

17. Exitlude- Sam's Town- The Killers

Aaaaaand, here's the download link. :wink:

I can't even say how happy I was that

a) you were my partner

b) you enjoyed the mixtape! :blush:

Here's the full tracklisting, song/album/artist

1. Enterlude- Sam's Town- The Killers

2. Time to Pretend- Oracular Spectacular- MGMT

3. On Melancholy Hill- Plastic Beach- Gorillaz

4. Turkish Delight- The Brothel- Susanne Sundfør

5. Hawaiian Air- Pala- Friendly Fires

6. Holy Ghost- Ritual- White Lies

7. Rain & Mud- Only Living Boy- Only Living Boy

8. Lippy Kids- Build A Rocket Boys!- Elbow

9. Seaside- Inside In/Inside Out- The Kooks

10. Helplessness Blues- Helplessness Blues- Fleet Foxes

11. Everlasting Light- Brothers- The Black Keys

12. Saliva- Half The World Is Watching Me- Mew

13. Anyone's Ghost- High Violet- The National

14. Sing For Absolution- Absolution- Muse

15. Diamonds & Dollars- Indian Princess- Indian Princess

16. Awake My Soul- Sigh No More- Mumford & Songs

17. Exitlude- Sam's Town- The Killers

Aaaaaand, here's the download link. :wink:

:cheesy::hug: I suspected it was someone from the Muse thread! haha

I didn't recognize The Black Keys and Gorillaz, and I like them a lot :surprised: The tracklist is so cool :awesome: I loved the Muse touch to it! :lol:

:lol: The story that you stalked a handsome drummer is quite funny to imagine :D

I wasn't worried about the mixtape that I would receive, I'm worried about the one I sent :lol:

And don't worry about the info thing, I was telling you so next time you don't do the same :nice: But for me it was fine, I didn't mind...