✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

This is just a thought. And a little random but. When you think about how Chris said a lot of loud songs, a lot of soft songs. Major Minus will be on there and it's 'loud' for Coldplay, and Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, and ETIAW are loud for them as well and they could all make it potentially. Meanwhile, to get to the more quiet songs. Guy said Moving to Mars may or may not be and Us Against the World who knows? I have this really good feeling they have a lot of quiet songs we haven't heard that are probably amazing. They just didn't play them at the festival, think about it. What would you play new loud songs or new quiet ones? I think the answer is pretty clear. 4 loud songs that seem likely to make it versus 2 quiet ones that may or may not. Like I said, I think there could still be a lot of quiet songs in store if, as Chris seems to suggest, there's roughly the same number of quiet and loud songs making the album.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a thought. And a little random but. When you think about how Chris said a lot of loud songs, a lot of soft songs. Major Minus will be on there and it's 'loud' for Coldplay, and Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, and ETIAW are loud for them as well and they could all make it potentially. Meanwhile, to get to the more quiet songs. Guy said Moving to Mars may or may not be and Us Against the World who knows? I have this really good feeling they have a lot of quiet songs we haven't heard that are probably amazing. They just didn't play them at the festival, think about it. What would you play new loud songs or new quiet ones? I think the answer is pretty clear. 4 loud songs that seem likely to make it versus 2 quiet ones that may or may not. Like I said, I think there could still be a lot of quiet songs in store if, as Chris seems to suggest, there's roughly the same number of quiet and loud songs making the album.

Don't forget Princess Of China.

I had that exact same thought a couple days ago :lol:

I prefer loud ones :(

I hope songs like Car Kids, U.F.O. Alien Radio and Up In Flames aren't slow :cry:

I bet Up With The Birds is though!;)

:surprised: Good thinking! I hope there are quite a few quite songs on this album. Coldplay's quiet songs are the best :wacky:

And I'd say their 'loudest songs' are Politik, Violet Hill, and Major Minus (and possibly the new version of GPASUYF)