✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very well may be the only one who thinks this but I really hope it is a long album, I love long albums!:)

Hell no you're not! Long albums>>>always. Who doesn't love more music? Everyone apparently. I find that weird. :thinking: Less quality? All you're getting is the same songs plus other ones that could be just as good if not even better. Even if they're not OMG AMAZING they can still be good.

god how can they put a song like major minus on the album?!! the worst song they've done along with us against the world and charlie brown. if they could just keep those songs off the album, i would be a happy man

That's blasphemous. Major Minus is a good song. Charlie Brown is amazing. Us Against the World rocks, finally showcases some of Will Godly voice and proves (against false allegations I've heard) that they're not just trying to write catchy, upbeat radio hits. :P Those nugget heads I swear.

And on Wedding Bells - thank god that it isn't being released. It's as 'Coldplay by numbers' as you'll get in my opinion! And it sounds like it was made in a 4 minute improv session.

Have to agree. It makes me think of how Peter got kicked out of Coldplay for suggesting something other than 'whiny bull crap'. That's certainly not a valid description of their music. But on that one song, I can't deny they'd be feeding Seth McFarlene a tiny bit of credibility to his claim. It doesn't sound completelyyyyy dreadful it's just. The lyrics and the way he sings it...I don't know...

I want a song where Guy has a bass solo... that would be completely epic

I've been thinking this for a long time! :D I swear, in most Coldplay songs I listen to I wouldn't even know they had a bassist if I didn't know better. And it's sad because Guy seems like a great musician- he's just shy or they don't give him the musical-face-time he deserves. I am glad that on Charlie Brown, Major Minus, and ETIAW he does at least have some parts that stand out! :P

Hell no you're not! Long albums>>>always. Who doesn't love more music? Everyone apparently. I find that weird. :thinking: Less quality? All you're getting is the same songs plus other ones that could be just as good if not even better. Even if they're not OMG AMAZING they can still be good.

Second that.

Have to agree. It makes me think of how Peter got kicked out of Coldplay for suggesting something other than 'whiny bull crap'. That's certainly not a valid description of their music. But on that one song, I can't deny they'd be feeding Seth McFarlene a tiny bit of credibility to his claim. It doesn't sound completelyyyyy dreadful it's just. The lyrics and the way he sings it...I don't know...

Yeah, it's poorly done and it seemed to me like an attempt to amuse the audience with something new instead of 'boring' (of course nooot) with I know not what.

I don't like long albums. I enjoy listening to albums all the way through in one listen and long albums make that almost impossible and tedious. Also, albums with too many songs makes it more likely for one or two songs to stand out as being poor in comparison to the others which destroys the structure of the album. I think 50 minutes or less is a perfect length. More songs definitely doesn't mean more enjoyment.

^Dear Cleggy, you are so right!! I completely agree because sometimes bands think that long albums are an excuse for more material and they tend to think long albums cover more ground. I think it's self-evident that Viva La Vida (although substantially shorter than X&Y) arguably covers more ground than its predecessor. I think a critic said that too, and I'd have to agree with whoever that was.

^ :nod: Agreed. Viva seemed very cohesive and told a story of sorts while X&Y just sort of went in circles--not that it was a bad album, necessarily, but it wasn't as good as their previous efforts.

It's just not concise. I just feel like the album's content and order wasn't thought of very well. The songs themselves are awesome, but as a whole the album seems a little messy.

Viva, on the other hand, is very tidy. And while we didn't get as much with it, the whole album is amazing, and is very sonically sound.

^ Agreed. That and half of the b-sides from X&Y are better than some of the a-sides. If I'd had to choose the tracklisting it would have looked like this:

1) Square One

2) Twisted Logic (minus 30 seconds of silence)

3) White Shadows

4) Fix You

5) Speed of Sound

6) Talk

7) A Message

8) The Hardest Part (PIANO. ACOUSTIC.)

9) Gravity (why the !@$*&^ wasn't this on the album?!)

10) Swallowed In The Sea

hidden track: Till Kingdom Come

EDIT: Because the way I had it before was kinda confusing :P

^ Agreed. That and half of the b-sides from X&Y are better than some of the a-sides. If I'd had to choose the tracklisting for it I'd have

1) left off What If, X&Y, and Low;

2) put Twisted Logic after Square One (leaving off that awkward 30 seconds of silence) and Talk after Speed of Sound

3) HARDEST PART PIANO ACOUSTIC!! :dazzled:

4) added Gravity to the tracklist before SitS (why the heck wasn't this song on the album!?)

I think Low deserved to be on X&Y - you have good points.

Gravity excellent track - was'nt that given to Embrace!!

I think Low deserved to be on X&Y - you have a good points.

Gravity excellent track - was'nt that given to Embrace!!

I personally don't care for it but your words, not mine! :D

Yeah, the guys gave it to Embrace because they thought it wasn't 'their type of song' or something :thinking:

I actually have Embrace's version also and it isn't bad

What makes the Viva era so great is that it released the most songs without having a long album. Prospekt's March is to thank for that. Hopefully they release another EP about as long as Prospekt's march for this era and make everybody happy.