✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tomandalex/podcast/

Mixing in LA

Major Minus will be on album

Coldplay reckon "they're the worst band in the world." At least that's what they tell themselves to make sure they don't rest on their laurels. Bassist Guy Berryman caught up with triple j's Tom & Alex before the UK outfit closed out Splendour 2011 with a massive set in the Amphitheatre. "We always feel like we're the worst band in the world and that's what keeps us going," Berriman admitted to Tom & Alex.

He went on to say the band's upcoming record, their fifth, is still on track for the end of the year. "We were in a studio in Japan the other day trying to finish it all off and we always keep hold of it until someone wrenches it out of our hands. The idea is that it's come out at the end of October which is still looking pretty good. We're just finessing it on the road. We're going to be doing some mixing in Los Angeles when we go there tomorrow and just putting the finishing touches to it. For the most part it's there, it's been quite a long process we've been working on it for about two years but I think it's sounding great though. It's very different but still song based and very melodic. People will hear quite a big change in the sound."

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s3282906.htm

For anyone who wants to keep it, it's in MM now.

Go here to download. :nice:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that also listed as one of the 16 is the extremely new song "Life Is For Living." I've heard that song so much it seems like it's been around since the Parachutes days... :P

Ah well, at least we got Up In Flames as a potential track.