✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I think we all do, but everyone is trying to be realistic. Would be fantastic if we got all new songs, but especially since Guy said Major Minus will make it, I don't think that's gonna happen.

I think there's gonna be something for everyone on this album. Chris used the word schizophrenic and Will said something about throwing it all in one basket. I think they mean there will be a lot of variety. ;) Sounds good to me.

Hopefully they won't lost the coherence... :(

I don't want MTM, MM... But I could bet on ETIAW, cause it's a hit single so... I think this could be potential song titles:

Mylo Xyloto / Hurts Like Heaven

Princess of China

Us Against The World

U.F.O.

Up With the Birds

Tomorrow

Great Expectations

Charlie Brown

A Hopeful Transmission

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Paradise

Major Minus

Up In Flames

13 (14 with MX) songs. :)

VLVODAAHF had 13 songs.

Guest howyousawtheworld

What is wrong with Major Minus? It's one of the better songs they've done in the past few years. And who's to say it won't appear differently on the album? It could be remixed.

I don't know why people say they don't like Major Minus or even hate it. I remember before they released the studio version everyone used to like it. Come on people, what's the problem?

Is the problem the 'voice effects'(that are, actually, nothing but Chris' and Will's voices together...)? If it is it, do you really think that you didn't like Major Minus, but you'll like the rest of the album? Have you listened to the other songs carefully? They are plenty of effects! I am not protesting, I like it. But if you guys don't like these effects so much, prepare yourself. Especially for Hurts Like Heaven...

I would like to understand people... have you ever listened to Major Minus at night, while driving on the road... maybe no...

I don't know why people say they don't like Major Minus or even hate it. I remember before they released the studio version everyone used to like it. Come on people, what's the problem?

Is the problem the 'voice effects'(that are, actually, nothing but Chris' and Will's voices together...)? If it is it, do you really think that you didn't like Major Minus, but you'll like the rest of the album? Have you listened to the other songs carefully? They are plenty of effects! I am not protesting, I like it. But if you guys don't like these effects so much, prepare yourself. Especially for Hurts Like Heaven...

I would like to understand people... have you ever listened to Major Minus at night, while driving on the road... maybe no...

I Agree.Before the studio version of Major Minus came out everyone loved it.

When the studio verson was released some began to have doubts,and disliked the

vocals and so on.I pre-fer the studio version over the live version but thats me.

And as you pointed out I also think some/most coldplay songs on this album will have effects added

which I think is brillant!!I just hope Coldplay fans are prepared for this!!

I Agree.Before the studio version of Major Minus came out everyone loved it.

When the studio verson was released some began to have doubts,and disliked the

vocals and so on.I pre-fer the studio version over the live version but thats me.

And as you pointed out I also think some/most coldplay songs on this album will have effects added

which I think is brillant!!I just hope Coldplay fans are prepared for this!!

Same Here

Agreed, and I actually have driven at night while listening to it, and I don't know why, but it is awesome :D Also, I personally can't wait for Hurts Like Heaven. The effects sound great! Especially the So Cold parts!

Agreed!! I love it too. I think it was because everyone had heard from the festivals first and forged their own ideas about what the studio version would be and didnt like the eventual outcome. I fear this might be the same situation with CB and HLH. I doubt it will bother me much!!

What About Wedding Bells?!

Well...Thanks to Guy we can know, just a little bit more about the upcoming LP5, and also confirmed what said Will, to Q Magazine 2 months ago, about Major Minus, but what about the song Wedding Bells?? I mean Chris presented last year in a festival, but I still thinking if it's gonna be in the Album, or just was an unnoficial song?

:stunned::shocked2::inquisitive::thinking:

Guest howyousawtheworld

This.

I prefer the studio version. There's more going on. You are bang on correct about how everyone used to like it before the studio version was released then everyone went off it which is a bit petty. And like you said prepare yourself for Hurts Like Heaven!

And on Wedding Bells - thank god that it isn't being released. It's as 'Coldplay by numbers' as you'll get in my opinion! And it sounds like it was made in a 4 minute improv session.

I didnt "like" Major Minus in the first place when they sang it at Rock am Ring.

I think it's a good Song but they can do better.

The Studioversion didnt overwhelm me either.

But every other Songs they released yet are fantastic.

Yes, even "ETIAW".

But maybe i get over it.

Same happend to me and "Politik".

I disliked the beginning and didnt even listen to the Rest of it.

Someday i just loved the Song and now its my all time Favourite.

This.

I prefer the studio version. There's more going on. You are bang on correct about how everyone used to like it before the studio version was released then everyone went off it which is a bit petty. And like you said prepare yourself for Hurts Like Heaven!

I like both. But especially the live version at Oxegen was brilliant and there is - for me - no comparism to the studio version. The live version fits better to the theme of paranoia and persecution because live songs are always more harsh, thorny and impure if you know what I mean. Maybe the studio versions sounds a bit too perfect for a couple which want to abscond...?! But I really like both, in general I like the live version a bit more but there are also some parts of the song which sound better on the studio version with regard to the verse and the clearer intro... I LOVE the verse of the song sooo much and also the "ohohohohoh"-parts...

Because 1. People might like the names.

and 2. People just want as many unheard songs as possible on the album.

I agree with both points, particularly the 2nd one. Liking the name is one thing, but praying for it to be on the album purely for its name is ridiculous.

What's more annoying than that though is hoping that songs like Major Minus or ETIAW make it to the album. If there's already a recorded version of it then why do you need it on the album as well? I can't understand that at all.