✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha! Finally some concrete news! October release date, eh? Sounds good to me :cool:

I also like the fact that Guy said there was both 'quiet stuff' and 'loud stuff'. . . Maybe we'll get some piano love :wacky:

And it's fine with me if Major Minus is on the album--it's my favorite out of the new songs--but I hope they mix it a little differently for the album, maybe add the echoes and Jonny's extra solo?

I'm not surprised Major Minus is making the album. Its been treated to much like an actual album track (being played everywhere), while MTM has been treated like a true b-side (only been played live once, possibly never seeing the colored light of concert ever again). Anyway, maybe MM will get a new mix, make it a little fresh. Either way, I'm still excited for LP5

This so exciting!! You are definitely not the WORST band in the world, more like the BEST Guy. :P But finally some concrete news. I like the sound of the new title like a lot of the new Coldplay songs- just the imagery about it seems really cool. :cool: SIXTEEN SONGS BEING CONSIDERED?? YES! I know that doesn't mean they'll all make it but it sounds as though we'll get 13-14 songs which is epic. :D I'm not too down about Major Minus being on the album. It goes so well with what seems to be an album theme of paranoia and control and the news of other things is so good it's just not phasing me. I do hope ETIAW isn't on it though, and I think Major Minus is the best new song in my opinion but I just don't see them using it. Hopefully tracklist soon!!!!

Where's the transcript for Guy's interview?

Good question. :thinking:

This so exciting!! You are definitely not the WORST band in the world, more like the BEST Guy. :P But finally some concrete news. I like the sound of the new title like a lot of the new Coldplay songs- just the imagery about it seems really cool. :cool: SIXTEEN SONGS BEING CONSIDERED?? YES! I know that doesn't mean they'll all make it but it sounds as though we'll get 13-14 songs which is epic. :D I'm not too down about Major Minus being on the album. It goes so well with what seems to be an album theme of paranoia and control and the news of other things is so good it's just not phasing me. I do hope ETIAW isn't on it though, and I think Major Minus is the best new song in my opinion but I just don't see them using it. Hopefully tracklist soon!!!!

I like this optimism (considering your mood is apprehensive :P ). I'm really beginning to believe quite many records will hit the tracklist, although one thing puzzles me; I recall having read they want the album to be concise... so either other songs must be short or there won't be as many songs after all.

Viva La Vida had 13 tracks if you count Chinese Sleep Chant, The Escapist and Reign of Love. However, There was a Glastonbury interview where theysadi it was pretty long. I honestly think the 16 songs will be full length. X&Y also had 13 tracks but it was a rather long album. I guess we can only wait and see.