✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yes but I don't think that cohesive songs mean that the songs will be a bit equal to each other. Viva la Vida has a lot of different songs, but it's still very very cohesive.

Thats not what I meant. But I know its hard to understand what I wated to say...but its not my native language so its difficult to describe it with words.

I wouldn't like songs to be as long as White Shadows,e.g. BUT, short songs like Parachutes are annoying (ok,they have their elusive charm blah blah). I'm sure they will make them neither too long nor too short (broadly speaking).

Now the question-what's the problem with a bit longer tracks ( 4min for example,(ok that's not long)), you don't actually have to listen to complete album all at once, to sit it through,so to say. What I meant to convey, your argument seems dull to me. (no offense, of course).

Parachutes showed their true talent in a way that they haven't since that era.

Now.

For me, for an album to be good, I have to be able to sit down and listen to it in one go. As soon as I need a break to keep from suiciding, it's no good. And no, I don't in fact have to sit through the whole thing at once, but that's how I listen to my music.

And 16x4= 64 Do you really want to sit through an album that's over an hour long? I know I don't.

Sorry I'm kind of late to the party on this one but I wanted to put my two cents in. I'm glad we're finally getting some kind of information directly from the guys! I hope this means we get the official details within the next two weeks. It's nice to hear a good interview with Guy, since he usually doesn't talk much.

Does this mean that we have to wait until 2013 for them to win several Grammy's for this fantastic album?

If they got a Grammy for it in 2030, or never, I don't really care. It should be a great album, that's all. And after hearing Guy, I'm more confident that it will.

so... i think this is it LP5

Every teardrop is a waterfall

hurts like heaven

charlie brown

major minus

up in flames

Us Against The World

princess of china

moving to mars (maybe)

and other 2 songs maybe

No Shit Sherlock

No Shit Sherlock