✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

Coldplay reckon "they're the worst band in the world." At least that's what they tell themselves to make sure they don't rest on their laurels. Bassist Guy Berryman caught up with triple j's Tom & Alex before the UK outfit closed out Splendour 2011 with a massive set in the Amphitheatre. "We always feel like we're the worst band in the world and that's what keeps us going," Berriman admitted to Tom & Alex.

He went on to say the band's upcoming record, their fifth, is still on track for the end of the year. "We were in a studio in Japan the other day trying to finish it all off and we always keep hold of it until someone wrenches it out of our hands. The idea is that it's come out at the end of October which is still looking pretty good. We're just finessing it on the road. We're going to be doing some mixing in Los Angeles when we go there tomorrow and just putting the finishing touches to it. For the most part it's there, it's been quite a long process we've been working on it for about two years but I think it's sounding great though. It's very different but still song based and very melodic. People will hear quite a big change in the sound."

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s3282906.htm

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they already released ETIAW, MM and MTM

Why release any one of them again, it gives ppl the impression that

they dont have enough good tracks!!!! :bigcry:

I don't think it's about the tracks. I don't care about that.

I only care about the album's composition. If it's a well-put-together album, I couldn't care less about it on a song-by-song basis.

only MM is confirmed as a LP5 song, ETIAW & MTM not. I think MM is the new Lost, and MM on LP5 would be another version of MM then on the ETIAW EP. maybe MM on LP5 is called Major Minus Media? like the pics on Guy's jacket.?

That would be interesting!!

THE 16 TRACKS??:

Hurts Like Heaven

Major Minus

Charlie Brown

Princess Of China

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

MX/Mylo Xyloto

Car Kids

Rex

Alien Radio

U.F.O.

Moving To Mars

Up In Flames

Us Against The World

Up With The Birds

Golden Arrow

DLIBYH

Any more realistic possibilities??

THE 16 TRACKS??:

Hurts Like Heaven

Major Minus

Charlie Brown

Princess Of China

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

MX/Mylo Xyloto

Car Kids

Rex

Alien Radio

U.F.O.

Moving To Mars

Up In Flames

Us Against The World

Up With The Birds

Golden Arrow

DLIBYH

Any more realistic possibilities??

Maybe A Hopeful Transmission + Paradise (Replace ETIAW and MTM)

only MM is confirmed as a LP5 song, ETIAW & MTM not. I think MM is the new Lost, and MM on LP5 would be another version of MM then on the ETIAW EP. maybe MM on LP5 is called Major Minus Media? like the pics on Guy's jacket.?

I like the sound of that!!Maybe it will be Major Minus Media.

Happy that Major Minus will be on the album, I do hope the album version is slightly different, I don't mean the vocal effects, im happy with that since it should fit into context with the rest of the album but something along the lines of the Osaka Sun mix of Lovers in Japan, few small changes, to make it sound fresher when listening to the album after listening to Major Minus for a few months.

Yay new stuff!

Hope Major Minus will be in a new arrangement, more like the live version, with echoes and stuff. But that's just my humble opinion. I'm believing the EMI money-grabbing theory by the way.

And Life Is For Living, yeah, that's an exciting new track! :rolleyes4:

Love the interview with Guy, really funny, also those Australians. :lol: And really, the minutes after the interview are really funny as well.

Okay, I already accepted late October release. I can wait. :cool:

And please, stop speculating about the tracklisting. The guys don't know either. They've got 16 possible songs. We'll find out soon enough.

Aah, finally some news. And pretty good news as well! A big change in the sound, some very loud stuff and some very quiet stuff. Me likes!

I'm absolutely fine with Major Minus making the album, I love both the studio and live version.

God I'm getting way too positive here. :P Let's complain about the release date. Another three months of waiting then....

Thanks for the info everyone!

well great to hear some confirmed things about lp5 though i would be very dissapointed if MM is on the album. I mean, it's already been released and i would personally feel a little cheated and it would just look like they're trying to filll up the album. Same thing for ETIAW, why put it on the album when it's already been released twice?

I really hope that lp5 will have more than 11 songs on it. And for the october release date......well i think i can live with that :P