✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy confirms album out end of October (Triple J interview - transcript & MM links in first post)

joshtimo

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight.

The 16 Songs meant the Songs in the Festival not the Album. (Correct me if im wrong)

And i dont know why People pray like "rafaelchampion" (No offense)

for "Major Minus" being on the LP.

I mean we already have the Studio version of it, i'd rather to have a new Song on the LP instead of "Major Minus".

And if "Major Minus" would be onit i wish a different Version. :S

It's just that I like this song very much. I have a feeling that it's lyrics are essential for the album's story (if it has a story). I don't know, I may be wrong.

I would put Major Minus instead of ETIAW (again, nothing against ETIAW, I love it, it's true, I just think it doesn't deserve to be on the final Album).

It's just that I like this song very much. I have a feeling that it's lyrics are essential for the album's story (if it has a story). I don't know, I may be wrong.

I would put Major Minus instead of ETIAW (again, nothing against ETIAW, I love it, it's true, I just think it doesn't deserve to be on the final Album).

I agree in both.

But they said themselves it's not a Conceptalbum, how much i wish they would do it.

They may have changed their Opinion.

Interesting.

Why nobody discuss the "loud and quite songs"-thing? THIS is really important. But I don't know how I'll like that because Viva was different to that. And I love Viva.

What do you say about Guys consideration that its a great album in his opinion? A good sign?

I'm not sure about MM - I like this song, especially the live version. If its on the new record then hopefully mixed up with the echo and some other details.

Now I'm really excited.

But there isn't that difference in sound volume.

I dont really understand.

I don't really mind if ETIAW and Major Minus are included in the album, as long as the album has 16 songs like one recent interview suggests.

Chck my Post on the other Site.

Why am I not excited for this?

Anyways, those better be short 16 songs because I nearly shot myself sitting through 13 X&Y songs.

I wouldn't like songs to be as long as White Shadows,e.g. BUT, short songs like Parachutes are annoying (ok,they have their elusive charm blah blah). I'm sure they will make them neither too long nor too short (broadly speaking).

Now the question-what's the problem with a bit longer tracks ( 4min for example,(ok that's not long)), you don't actually have to listen to complete album all at once, to sit it through,so to say. What I meant to convey, your argument seems dull to me. (no offense, of course).

I think it's a proof of intelligence and knowledge to make an album which you can't listen to a song or two out of order, but listen all the album long and sequentially. This happens to Viva La Vida. I can't listen to the songs separated. This is what they call cohesive and concise. It also happens to Plastic Beach by Gorillaz and Stir the Blood by The Bravery.

I hope the new album will be like this.

I think it's a proof of intelligence and knowledge to make an album which you can't listen to a song or two out of order, but listen all the album long ans sequentially. This happens to Viva La Vida. I can't listen to the songs separated. This is what they call cohesive and concise. It also happens to Plastic Beach by Gorillaz and Stir the Blood by The Bravery.

Same here. But i fear the big difference in the character of the songs a bit... hopefully it will be cohesive....

I think it's a proof of intelligence and knowledge to make an album which you can't listen to a song or two out of order, but listen all the album long ans sequentially. This happens to Viva La Vida. I can't listen to the songs separated. This is what they call cohesive and concise. It also happens to Plastic Beach by Gorillaz and Stir the Blood by The Bravery.

That is a very interesting view, I must admit. Perhaps I have that habit, never gave it a thought,which is why it surprised me. Anyway, I wouldn't say Viva album is more 'intelligent',the way you put it, than AROBTTH ( I love both of the two, to make it clear).

^nono, I never mean to say that. For me, each album has it's own kind of 'intelligence'. I just think Viva is an audacious project :)

I think I got it. Viva was based on a special theme, and so is this new album. That's why the songs are connected, and that's what makes you listen to the whole album, and not songs at random. I don't know if the band has done this with AROBTTH or Parachutes. At least I don't have that feeling.