✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LP5 refers to Mylo Xyloto their last album. LP6 refers to the album which procedes it and LP7 probably refers to as yet unreleased Greatest Hits album.

I don't see the point in a greatest hits one because I love all their songs so it would just be easier to listen to all sir albums :D :awesome:

^ But I think the idea of a Greatest Hits album is for people that want to listen to Coldplay's music, but don't want to listen to all their albums. Then if they like what they hear, and want to hear more, they can go and get their other albums.

If it would be a greatest hits album with just all their hits I wouldn't buy it. On the other side, most artists release a couple of new songs on their Greatest Hits. Snow Patrol did this with Just Say Yes on Up To Now and P!NK with F*ckin' Perfect on Greatest Hits (so far). So, if Coldplay would release a greatest hits album I'd only buy it if there are some new songs on it.

^ But I think the idea of a Greatest Hits album is for people that want to listen to Coldplay's music, but don't want to listen to all their albums. Then if they like what they hear, and want to hear more, they can go and get their other albums.

It's horrible.:confused:

I can't stand a greatest hits, i want a real new album with new songs and a new style, but it's true that probably it would not happen....:cry:

I hope that there will be a nice new theme with LP6. I really like the themes from Viva La Vida and Mylo Xyloto, and I hope they'll find and do something new! A nice combination(just like MX) of acoustic and faster songs will be awesome.

I really don't like the idea of a greatest hits album..

I hope that there will be a nice new theme with LP6. I really like the themes from Viva La Vida and Mylo Xyloto, and I hope they'll find and do something new! A nice combination(just like MX) of acoustic and faster songs will be awesome.

I really don't like the idea of a greatest hits album..

I agree, and i'm too excited for the new album, even if it will be read on 2015:embarrassed:

so true. I know it from myself about some music lol.

and I hope next album will be soon because I can't wait so much :P life is hard

I can't wait for the new Coldplay album to come out. I hope like all of you do that it is in early/mid 2014. If it is 3 years I don't know how I will cope with the waiting.

Look at it this way... would you rather wait 3 years for an amazing album, or 2 years for a mediocre album?

Guest howyousawtheworld

Greatest hits/singles album would be a good idea. I think they are great especially for bands that have been and gone like The Smiths and The Police, two bands I fell in love to thanks to just buying a greatest hits album. I now have all their albums. Even better would be releasing a Greatest hits album with a new song or two, the sort U2 have done in the past (remember Electrical Storm U2 fans?). After 5 albums and a back catalogue jam packed with hits it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. However they probably become less relevant with the pick and choose nature today's itunes/ipod playlist culture.