✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

Muse disappointed a lot of fans with the Resistance in 2009, and I feel the same thing happened with Coldplay in 2011. Muse's LP6 however is shaping up to be one of their best albums yet, so I can only hope that Coldplay will follow the same pattern.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Muse disappointed a lot of fans with the Resistance in 2009, and I feel the same thing happened with Coldplay in 2011. Muse's LP6 however is shaping up to be one of their best albums yet, so I can only hope that Coldplay will follow the same pattern.

You think? I think The 2nd Law will be another disappointment.

It's just the way it goes. All bands have glory days and then slide slightly. Oasis, Led Zeppelin, U2 but to name a few. Muse and Coldplay both have their heydays behind them I feel. Anything we get from now on is nice, but I can't think of a single band that have delivered their best album 15 or so years into their career.

I think LP6 will be released in the summer of 2014. I do think they will take off all or maybe most of 2013, but since Chris keeps writing stuff and I'm sure Jonny will pick up a guitar during that time off, the recording process will be quicker than the others. Maybe less than 10 months of recording?

Why not?

Is it me or do you disagree with everything I say?

- Because it's 2012.

- Because no one is releasing albums as good as that anymore.

- Because rock is dying, and are Coldplay of all bands really going to change that?

- Because the band have claimed to be happy in their own skin, and don't care what people think of them anymore, which is when they deliver worse albums.

- Because there's seemingly nowhere left for them to go - hence people think they should go acoustic.

- Because as I said, no one releases albums as good as that 15 years into their career. Okay, U2, who else? Radiohead? Muse? Led Zeppelin? The Who? Oasis? No, no, no, no, no.

- Because so many people, myself included, think Coldplay's best work's behind them.

- Because Coldplay still have a self-imposed obligation to appeal to the masses.

- Because the band aren't likely to be as decisive as to force a brave new direction.

I don't think it won't be a good album - by Mylo Xyloto standards anyway - I just think people have to accept that the days of Old Coldplay are behind them. The odds are stacked against them producing a masterpiece, that's all.

It is just you, soz. And this time I wasn't really disagreeing, I wanted to know what induced you to say Coldplay aren't able to put out their greatest album in future and I got the reply which I am satisfied with. The strongest point you made is that of the band's self-imposed obligation to satisfy the wide audience and the fact that they're pleased with where they are now, which to my opinion is nowhere. The other points are not as convincing so I'll spend some time seeking what truth there is to them. I'm looking forward to your future posts which are sure to enlighten me in the matter of music, one way or another. And no, I am not being sarcastic, honestly.

It is just you, soz. And this time I wasn't really disagreeing, I wanted to know what induced you to say Coldplay aren't able to put out their greatest album in future and I got the reply which I am satisfied with. The strongest point you made is that of the band's self-imposed obligation to satisfy the wide audience and the fact that they're pleased with where they are now, which to my opinion is nowhere. The other points are not as convincing so I'll spend some time seeking what truth there is to them. I'm looking forward to your future posts which are sure to enlighten me in the matter of music, one way or another. And no, I am not being sarcastic, honestly.

The thing about you not agreeing with me was meant lightly! Should've put a smiley.

I just honestly don't believe they have it in them to put out the masterpiece next.

But hey, differing opinions are what makes music, and life, so interesting, so I look forward to you disagreeing in the future so we can have more rich, musical debates :D

the old stuff is always there if you wanna listen to it. i dont like MX so i skip it just like i would a few tracks here and there from their older catalog. but as Abracadabra very rightly pointed out, if LP6 doesn't satisfy me, i just wont want to pay to see them live again or buy their record and sorta lose interest. doesn't mean i would stop listening altogether.

but thats what happens in music right?! we all lose interest in our favorite artists at some point plus its not like they're going to put out a masterpiece one after another! a rush and VLV were the band's best piece of work but again as you guys pointed out, they're not going back

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE EVERYTHING COLDPLAY HAVE RELEASED SO FAR, I THINK IT'S ALL BLOODY FANTASTIC AND DON'T BELIEVE THEY'LL STOP NOW, I read that Chris wants to go back to university when he's 40 to study classical music but I'm not sure if it was real or sarcastic.

is LP6 definitely acoustic? Or just rumours?

^ :nod: I'd say late 2014-early 2015. Although that would be assuming they take a mini-break in 2013 and then make the album right away. I guess it'll depend on whether they want to take a "real" hiatus or not.

This sounds pretty reasonable to me, although if the band decide to take a proper hiatus (i.e. a relatively long one) I am half-convinced I'd actually die... Waiting three years is awful enough! I love the anticipation that builds up once you've had a confirmed release date for an album, but before that it is hell because you have absolutely no certainty as to whether there will even *be* another album!

I'm already dreading the thought of not having much new material for at least 2-3 years, but more than that it's the thought of not seeing them live for that amount of time! I'm tempted at the moment to go to South America next year for the sole purpose of seeing them one more time before they take their 'mini-break'!

Don't know the right tread to post it but,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AWcJUqK2gU&NR=1&feature=endscreen]Coldplay - 2000 Channel 4 documentary - YouTube[/ame]

ecactly on 0:15 is a list of some songs, you can see Shiver, See You Soon and No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground. but what are the others?

I think that list of songs is a setlist for a gig... I can see High Speed, Sparks, Yellow, You Only Live Twice, We Never Change, Spies, Help Is Around The Corner and some others. What is this doing in the LP6 section anyway? :P

I think that list of songs is a setlist for a gig... I can see High Speed, Sparks, Yellow, You Only Live Twice, We Never Change, Spies, Help Is Around The Corner and some others. What is this doing in the LP6 section anyway? :P

Well I just can't read Chris' handwriting and I thought it would be nonsence to make a thread for it. so, it has nothing to do with LP6 but just a question ;)

Progression into the LP6 Era

A lot has been said so far about what the next album may sound like, but it is ultimately impossible to tell at this point. If Phil is to be trusted (which, I'd say, he is), then I could see LP6 being much more stripped back compared to Mylo Xyloto. If they're in a trilogy sort of a mood, I'm sure they could continue with Eno, Hopkins, Dravs, et al and create an album that could fit into the trilogy but still be cut back in scape. Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it.

The main reason I wanted to post is to offer this thought: The last of the tour seems to be fast approaching and they aren't adding anymore dates beyond the current last date. If they do, it will probably be later this year or early next year. But my thought is that the last date could very well be the end of this era, as they're starting to sell off all of their Mylo Xyloto-era artwork and whatnot and clear things out. If this means anything, it's a sign that they're starting to prepare The Bakery and The Beehive for whatever is coming next. My guess is that they're going to go ahead and clear things out so that it will be in order for future work and if they should take a break next year, the studios will be cleaned out so that they can pop in and out if they need to play something they've created or write something new if they have a creative spurt come upon them and need the space to do it. That applies to each member separately, meaning that they could individually go about the studios as they please. Without the hiatus, then the studios will be ready in time for the new year so they can begin creating LP6. Concerning further touring, if they should add some South American dates or further U.S./Europe dates, I would imagine that there would only be a small handful of shows added so that they could focus most of their attention to writing.

So, just going by their history as a band and general tendencies, I'd say that they're going to wrap up this tour, take the rest of November and then December off to rest and recuperate from touring, possibly take January off (maybe stopping into the studio on occasion), and then get the ball rolling in February. The website will probably change in some way, shape, or form in the late spring or summer 2013, and then we'll start hearing news about LP6 in the fall (between September and December 2013). The album would be ready anywhere between March and October 2014. If they take next year off, then you can shift everything back a year and should expect an album in late 2014 or early to mid 2015.

Based off of their history, this is my guess as to how the LP6 era will play out. Let's see how close or far from the truth I am as time goes on! It's always exciting to see what's going on in the world of Coldplay. :D

I haven't posted here in a very long time! I "abandoned thread" during the mid-stages of the MX era as things got kind of scary and rather intense. LOL. Here's to a happy, exciting LP6 era!

So do I. To an extent. Surely all members of the band should have a say in what it sounds like. Shouldn't they

Absolutely! I just said that, if they take a year off, they'll probably have their own ideas for a song come up and they may want to run to the studio to jot it down or record it, whether alone or together. Then, once they decide to end their hiatus, they can demo their recordings to one another and then use them here and there in new songs. We should know how their songwriting process works, in general, by now - they tear every little thing apart and find what works and what doesn't and then they begin piecing the final song together from everything they like. Weren't there about 9 versions of LeftRightLeftRightLeft that might have never been made into one? For all we know, parts of it were added into newer material (some of which we STILL may have never heard).

So, yes, they all contribute to the writing process and have a say in the sound. Plotting down their own ideas over a time off wouldn't hinder that from happening. We know that they can use any riff, any sound, any note, and find a way to make it work to their liking in a track. I'm excited to see where they go next and what they have to bring to the table!

I LOVE EVERYTHING COLDPLAY HAVE RELEASED SO FAR, I THINK IT'S ALL BLOODY FANTASTIC AND DON'T BELIEVE THEY'LL STOP NOW, I read that Chris wants to go back to university when he's 40 to study classical music but I'm not sure if it was real or sarcastic.

is LP6 definitely acoustic? Or just rumours?

Oh my God. :|