✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

And I happen to dislike those very two songs and would rather have another Fix You (which I have fallen out of love with) than another ETIAW. My reference was solely to those two tracks, I am aware that this isn't the first time for them to come out with repetition so perhaps I could have chosen words more carefully, but never until now has it struck me as blatant and annoying, that thing. Of course, it is only an opinion and I am not trying to impose it on anyone or expecting people to agree with it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realise though that the "repetitive words" thing is a symbol of people's hate of MX, not just yours. When you said "Chris may put all the silly collabs and repetitive wa wa para para nonsense on his solo album", I simply thought you meant that he should extend the MX direction into his solo work.

It wasn't a dig at you.

Well, if songs like ETIAW and Paradise together with doing collaborations with pop artists are something Chris is very keen on, than I would prefer if he put that on his solo album to having another Coldplay album resemble MX. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, even to me. And hey, no offence taken.

I'm interested to see a few things...

- Will they go for another non-English title?

- What form of art will they presumably go for, after straightforward brush-painting and graffiti?

- What will the over-arching theme be? If any?

- Will LP6 conclude another trilogy?

- Will there be any big-name collaborations?

- Now that Chris is reportedly moving to LA, will there be more individual songwriting taking place?

- Will we finally see a song sung by Will, who is featuring more and more predominantly by album?

^ I really hope they go for another strange title like Viva La Vida and Mylo Xyloto, while the first is really beautiful on it's meaning the other sounds weird and diferent. I do hope LP6 works as an end to a trilogy including what they've learned from the last two records + new things. I see this as an "conceptual" trilogy because even though Viva doesn't tell a propper story the songs link really well to each other and both albums have artworks wich translate the feeling of the songs, so I do hope LP6 can be the highest peak artistically of this type of albums.

I just hope they take their time, put everything they've got into it, and make sure it's nothing like what they've already done!! That includes Paracutes!! As much as i love it, i just want something different every time! And artists and bands should challenge themselves as well as fans!!!

I'm interested to see a few things...

- Will they go for another non-English title?

- What form of art will they presumably go for, after straightforward brush-painting and graffiti?

- What will the over-arching theme be? If any?

- Will LP6 conclude another trilogy?

- Will there be any big-name collaborations?

- Now that Chris is reportedly moving to LA, will there be more individual songwriting taking place?

- Will we finally see a song sung by Will, who is featuring more and more predominantly by album?

That's what I want Coldplay to do next. Diversify roles, mix it up a bit. I would be so happy for Will to have his own song. Also, I want songs to be longer. There were too many 4 minute tracks on MX. Also, I would like to have more harmonies. Their voices mix very well, and creates an interesting sound.

That's what I want Coldplay to do next. Diversify roles, mix it up a bit. I would be so happy for Will to have his own song. Also, I want songs to be longer. There were too many 4 minute tracks on MX. Also, I would like to have more harmonies. Their voices mix very well, and creates an interesting sound.

A lot of Viva was short as well. It's their thing at the moment.

Some of my favourite Coldplay songs are over the 5-minute mark... White Shadows, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Everything's Not Lost...

^:awesome:

A lot of Viva was short as well. It's their thing at the moment.

Some of my favourite Coldplay songs are over the 5-minute mark... White Shadows, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Everything's Not Lost...

Less minutes, less mistakes... I mean, you can have an 8 minutes masterpiece, but the chances of things turning out to get boring are bigger like on Low (I kinda like the song but it could have ended a minute before) and What If.

I agree with the whole longer songs thing. Like mrkjhnwht, some of my favourite songs are over 5 minutes. Songs like Talk, The Scientist and Politik are just over 5 minutes and make every second of that as good as possible. And I agree that some songs drag on a bit. In my opinion, Low, Warning Sign and Gravity are good songs but could be improved by being a bit shorter.

However, there are also songs which suffer from being too short. Up in Flames, Cemeteries of London and Violet Hill are examples of songs I really wish were longer.

Basically this:

Know what songs should be long and which songs should be cut shorter.

Whoops! Just realised - if they take all of 2013 off, then it would be like 4 years before they do another album, as you know artists usually leave about 2-3 years between albums. Unless they don't write their won music, in which case, they just sing what they're told to sing and have like 25 people or something like that to write the songs for them! LOL!!