✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

I hate to say it, the only reason I can think of is: either Chris is crazy and he really thinks Rihanna is a very good artist. But the most obvious reason I think is to gain more popularity, a new big hit and more money.... grrr I hate to say that. But I'm afraid it's true.... Why didn't they choose someone like Emily Sandé (She's a real artist! and still quite unknown)?

What's ironic is they may have actually lost radio airplay due to Rihanna. None of the Alt/Indie stations that have played everything else - Even Paradise - thouched PoC. They may or may not have expanded their fan base, but they alienated a huge chunk of their radio listenership too.

And we already know Chris is crazy!:lol:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, the only reason I can think of is: either Chris is crazy and he really thinks Rihanna is a very good artist. But the most obvious reason I think is to gain more popularity, a new big hit and more money.... grrr I hate to say that. But I'm afraid it's true.... Why didn't they choose someone like Emily Sandé (She's a real artist! and still quite unknown)?

Actually, I am convinced Chris loves Rihanna. When you see the "songs of the day" he sometimes tweets, it's not surprising: he's open to any genre of music, and he loves lots of rnb stuff. Also, the fact that she's Jay's protégée may have played a role in that.

Of course, the obvious reason is money and popularity, but being a Coldplay fan, you just know that's not what they're looking for (I mean, sure, they are looking for money, but as any professional musician, they probably mostly want to be able to make a living with their music), at least now, or at the time they were making the album. Also, being one of the biggest bands in the world, I don't see how "popularity" could have been in their mind as a goal...:thinking:

I think that when Coldplay fans start thinking that this band, our band, THE COLDPLAY, writes a song only to do a big hit, tap into a new market or that kind of stuff, because it's not the style that those CP fans like in the first place....it's at least partly because they can't believe (may not want to admit) that their favourite artists don't always have the same taste as they do. Sorry, but that's my honest opinion :shrug:

Chris thinks she is a good artist, and honestly I like her voice, she just sings the wrong songs most of the time.

And here is mine:

When any artist known for their substance teams up with plastic, Lowest-common-denominator, shallow pop acts, it breaks my heart. It devalues that artist.

I do believe Chris is genuinely a fan of Rihanna, but hey, no accounting for taste,lol.

*ducks*EDIT: That's my opinion based on personal tastes. There are lots of great Coldplay fans who also like her. No offense to them.:)

Chris is in a midlife crises and doesn't know anymore the sense of good artist/bad artist.

I don't understand this hate on Rihanna. I mean, I'm not the fan,she's not my fav but I think Rihanna is very talented, some of her songs are good,some aren't, you may not like her but this seems to be a massive attack on her because she sang a song with CP and other artists that you respect more, didn't. What you hate so much about this duet ? The fact that they chose Rihanna because they wanted to, you don't like her voice or the fact that it's not cool to like her ?

I didn't like her ever. Coldplay has nothing to do with it. Auto-tuned image-based pop crap. (IMO, remember.) I actually grew to somewhat like PoC. But in terms of LP6 and what people want for it, I personally hope if they have to do a duet, it's with someone more rock oriented. Maybe even someone who writes their own music.

Honestly, personally, I don't mind Princess Of China. I've never been a fan of Rihannas, I just don't like her music. Coldplay are my heroes and favourite band in the music iverse and so them doing a song with an artist I don't like was just abit.... :| okay then....

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rihanna , i don't like her voice and i mean there are more talented writers of their own song and pop singers. Why rihanna?Yes, they are fan of her songs but i'm still shocked....the song poc colud be great, but with no coldplay, or no rihanna. It's like nutella and pasta, it's horrible!

p.s. Coldplay are nutella, obviously!!:)

Rihanna is not talented, she didn't write any of her song, she have 15 producer, she just sing and dress like a bitch. Richard Ashcroft is talented, Noel Gallagher is talented, even Jay-Z is talented in his genre, but Rihanna is not talented.

Rihanna is not talented, she didn't write any of her song, she have 15 producer, she just sing and dress like a bitch. Richard Ashcroft is talented, Noel Gallagher is talented, even Jay-Z is talented in his genre, but Rihanna is not talented.

:nod::clap:

It's exactly what i think, damn!

P.S.

Sei su coldplayzone,vero? anch'io!Yellow beach is my place:)

She's talented, you can argue if she's an artist, wich for me she's not because as you said she never wrote a song in her life, but most of people can't sing like that, so for me that's a talent.

She's talented, you can argue if she's an artist, wich for me she's not because as you said she never wrote a song in her life, but most of people can't sing like that, so for me that's a talent.
I agree :nod:

She can also be a great performer :nod: (which isn't something everybody's good at either)