princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:no:

:disappointed:

But seriously, I hope this next album has lots of emotion. And I'm not talking about sad songs, I'm talking about songs that portray an emotion to the listeners is such a believable way that they don't just hear it, but also feel it. I guess that's what MX lacked...for me at least...the emotion.

I'd rather have a couple of awesome 4 minute songs than a forced 5 minute song but I really really hope LP6 will have a 5 minute song.

Definitely, which is why I wasn't too keen on the "complex song structure" idea.

:disappointed:

But seriously, I hope this next album has lots of emotion. And I'm not talking about sad songs, I'm talking about songs that portray an emotion to the listeners is such a believable way that they don't just hear it, but also feel it. I guess that's what MX lacked...for me at least...the emotion.

How did it not have much emotion? I didn't notice that.

I hope there won't be a duet, like POC wit Rih:veryangry2:, on LP6. Only Coldplay songs with Chris Martin singing. Although it would be great if Will takes over the leading vocals for one song, like Christopher Wolstenholme did on The 2ND Law from Muse.

Definitely, which is why I wasn't too keen on the "complex song structure" idea.

How did it not have much emotion? I didn't notice that.

I don't know...it wasn't completely emotionless...but I just didn't feel the emotion... :shrug:

I hope there won't be a duet, like POC wit Rih:veryangry2:, on LP6. Only Coldplay songs with Chris Martin singing. Although it would be great if Will takes over the leading vocals for one song, like Christopher Wolstenholme did on The 2ND Law from Muse.

Surely it shouldn't matter who sings, as long as the song is good? And that the guest singer brings the best out of the song? This is the problem that dogs the X Factor/The Voice.

I thought the Wolstenholme songs on The 2nd Law was were easily the worst on the album, but that was because he's not a great songwriter, both in terms of music and lyrics. I love Will, but I fear that he also won't be a great songwriter; how many bands have two members both really good at music and lyrics? It's quite rare.

At least with Rihanna, she had nothing to add apart from her voice. Some people seem to think they should've got Adele or Emilie Sande and that makes me want to hit my head against a wall. Just because they're more credible as artists, doesn't mean they've got something to add to the song, and just because they're songwriters, doesn't mean they've got a right to stick their noses in and contribute onto another band's project.

I don't like Rihanna's music and neither do most Coldplay fans, but that's not what she added. It made sense for the world's biggest popstar to appear as a character in a grandiose, "pop" concept album, and she was there simply as a channel for one of Chris's songs. If there's a song that the band have written that would sound good with another voice on it, they should get someone in. If that's Rihanna, so be it, but Elbow had a reprise on their last album with an unknown old man, because that's what the song needed.

Quite frankly, it wouldn't bother me if Chris wanted to record with One Direction, Justin Bieber or Kim Jung Un. I know he's not going to "sell out" - he's always been open that he wants his band to be accessible and popular - and I know that above everything, he only has the best interests of his music at heart.

I personally think the album should have a kinda "Adventurous" feel to it. This will probably make little to no sense but I felt that way with Viva. It just felt like one of those albums I could take anywhere with me. If I was going on a long car ride out to the coast or up to the mountains. Something like that.