✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

Do we really think they will ACTUALLY be close to releasing anything soon? I'm still thinking 2014 before we even get a solid hint to any NEW material.

If LP6 follows the same time line as MX followed up Viva, then we should expect the first single to come out summer 2014. LP6 should come out around Christmas time of the same year or beginning of 2015.

Rumors, teasers, news, etc. should start flying a year from now. We still have a long ways to go and I don't think what the boys look like in that video is any indicator of anything.

But I do wish Will and Jonny keep the beards. THOSE BEARDS :awesome:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, that's what I was thinking..... I didn't start getting into Coldplay until LP4, since then I have been a die hard. I just remember for the first time hearing Charlie Brown and Hurts Like Heaven in the summer or 2011, and thinking my god these tracks are feel good tracks for the summer. I hope next summer is like that. Just the energy from those summer performances is honestly my best memory of the MX era. Seeing them twice, once outside and once inside were the two best moments of my life.

Another thing I was thinking about was, what if they don't do another concept album? What if they sprinkled bits and pieces of each album into one? The free flow vibe of parachutes, with the hard anthem singing of AROBTH. Then mixing X&Y with Viva to form a super mix of pop and rock. Then places MX in there somewhere.

I kind of get frustrated when we always expect something different each album. There's always things we dislike about an album, and things we like. I kind of hope to see more of parachutes/ AROBTH return. A mixture of rock with a soothing vibe would be nice. But hell, anything new would be nice....:smug:

It sent a little shiver down my spine when I heard Chris say they're "working on something" :D.

It's got me really excited - haha! As others have said; it's good to know they are all in London together instead of just a couple of them, so that's a start :)!

I seriously cannot wait :D!

Coldplay:"We are working on something"

I know this is not much but here's the most recent video of Chris announcing that they are working on 'something'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZG3P8tA5e0]Coldplay / Aviv Geffen 40th Birthday greetings - YouTube[/ame]

Saw that coming. :P Tash, you never disappoint!

It's nice to post about it again (because we all like this video) but it's already being discussed in several threads, another thread makes it even harder to keep track of what's being said.

Do you think Davide Rossi may be talking about Coldplay & LP6 in one of his latest tweets? :thinking:

@rossidavide : And guess who am I going to be in the studio with next week? It's a run-around!!!! :)

https://twitter.com/rossidavide/status/333380051624136705

It could be but Coldplay isn't the only band he has been collaborating with.

I bet they're working on a scale model of the Great Wall of China, made out of Chocolate! :awesome:

:whaaat:

:awesome::awesome:
Do you think Davide Rossi may be talking about Coldplay & LP6 in one of his latest tweets? :thinking:

@rossidavide : And guess who am I going to be in the studio with next week? It's a run-around!!!! :)

https://twitter.com/rossidavide/status/333380051624136705

As Tash said he has collaborated with other artists before but that would be very cool if he worked with them for LP6!!!

I think this era was the greatest era in Coldplay's history.

Okay, Mylo Xyloto isn't the best Coldplay album, but if you look at everything the band achieved, it really is quite amazing. When they were announced alongside U2 for Glasto, how many people thought they'd outshine them? They did, unanimously, put in the better performance, and it really felt like the changing of a guard, and the start of one of the most memorable stadium tours in recent years.

That tour wasn't only huge, it proved that they were one of the best live acts in the world, and they've represented their country at the Paralympics, the Grammy's and the Brits amongst other festivals and appearances. We're finally starting to see some critics who've previously loathed Coldplay - The NME, Pitchfork - give out compliments to the band, and they're still competing for chart space around the world without relinquishing any control over their art. They've managed to give the fans the most diverse, accessible album of their career and added a few new hits to the backcatalogue.

But most of all, for me this era has been a celebration of all things Coldplay. The tour's included so many previous hits we've not seen for a while, the album's incorporated a bit of everything that we know and love from the band, and though the band just become bigger and bigger, the classics almost seem more and more relevant alongside the newer stuff; you just have to look at the newer renditions of Yellow or Fix You on Live 2012, or the setlists that place Don't Panic and Warning Sign in amongst Up In Flames and Us Against the World.

I can't wait for a new album and a new era, and I am more excited by the prospect of new material than I am excited by the songs on Mylo Xyloto; I feel I'm on a bridge towards LP6 and I've been over halfway for a long time now. But the MX era's been an era in my life as well as Coldplay's and I'll look back on it fondly; I saw some great gigs, both live and on telly, I was made very proud to be a Coldplay fan by the band, and there were some great songs at great moments that I'll never forget.

LP5 era is dead, long live LP6. I'd love a whole new set of songs, but I can't wait for a whole new set of memories.

I genuinely wish they'd do it sooner than next year, but we're all going to have to wait for a while to even get any info, let alone new music..even if Davide goes to work with them, I'm betting most of the early work will be scrapped like it has always been! :)

I think this era was the greatest era in Coldplay's history.

Okay, Mylo Xyloto isn't the best Coldplay album, but if you look at everything the band achieved, it really is quite amazing. When they were announced alongside U2 for Glasto, how many people thought they'd outshine them? They did, unanimously, put in the better performance, and it really felt like the changing of a guard, and the start of one of the most memorable stadium tours in recent years.

That tour wasn't only huge, it proved that they were one of the best live acts in the world, and they've represented their country at the Paralympics, the Grammy's and the Brits amongst other festivals and appearances. We're finally starting to see some critics who've previously loathed Coldplay - The NME, Pitchfork - give out compliments to the band, and they're still competing for chart space around the world without relinquishing any control over their art. They've managed to give the fans the most diverse, accessible album of their career and added a few new hits to the backcatalogue.

But most of all, for me this era has been a celebration of all things Coldplay. The tour's included so many previous hits we've not seen for a while, the album's incorporated a bit of everything that we know and love from the band, and though the band just become bigger and bigger, the classics almost seem more and more relevant alongside the newer stuff; you just have to look at the newer renditions of Yellow or Fix You on Live 2012, or the setlists that place Don't Panic and Warning Sign in amongst Up In Flames and Us Against the World.

I can't wait for a new album and a new era, and I am more excited by the prospect of new material than I am excited by the songs on Mylo Xyloto; I feel I'm on a bridge towards LP6 and I've been over halfway for a long time now. But the MX era's been an era in my life as well as Coldplay's and I'll look back on it fondly; I saw some great gigs, both live and on telly, I was made very proud to be a Coldplay fan by the band, and there were some great songs at great moments that I'll never forget.

LP5 era is dead, long live LP6. I'd love a whole new set of songs, but I can't wait for a whole new set of memories.

Great points! I like it when people are positive like that :wacky:

Still think the era isn't completely over until the last release of the MX comic tho.

Previously I also didn't like Mylo Xyloto. I hated myself for that fact that I become coldplayer for "Paradise". But in the passage of time I began to love it. The tour was the best, we all know that. MX sounds different, but it doesn't mean bad. Who still don't like Mylo, they have "Moving to Mars" which maybe reminds old times. I will love next album anyway just because it is Coldplay. There isn't old Coldplay or new. There is only one big Coldplay. ;)

p.s.- sorry for my not the best English :\