✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are very stupid because you are judging things you don't even know what means. You should think a little and wait the time to really see what that means and not come here saying shit...

You're the one calling us stupid and judging people you don't even know what means. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Somebody Ban him please.

I'm a girl. :disappointed:

Yeah. Shakespeare is a stupid name. But will we care about his work? NOOO, because his name is stupid... please be rational

oh. my. god. you have taken a civil thread and made it retarded. nobody is putting down coldplay's music. we are saying that the title is stupid. we don't like the title. who knows about the music. good god.

I don't think Coldplay were inspired by Mylo the street artist at all. He's not famous in the slightest, I don't know one person who has heard of him. Also, his website isn't something you'd stumble across by accident, you'd have to search for Mylo to even have a chance of finding it and let's be honest here, 'Mylo' isn't a commonly used word at all. Then there's the fact that Mylo himself doesn't know anything about this and Coldplay would have to ask permission to use his name in album title.

This whole thing looks like a coincidence to me.

Yeah. Shakespeare is a stupid name. But will we care about his work? NOOO, because his name is stupid... let's talk about his name!!!

Please be rational

But... numerous times people have attempted to clarify this isn't about judging the work... it's simply commentary on the title...

how. many. times. does. it. need. to. be. said.

:bigcry:

Yeah. Shakespeare is a stupid name. But will we care about his work? NOOO, because his name is stupid... let's talk about his name!!!

Please be rational

You should join the coldplaying dumb/blind fanboys club.

You guys are very stupid because you are judging things you don't even know what means. You should think a little and wait the time to really see what that means and not come here saying shit...

The album artwork and title was released. So I as well as everyone else is judging it.

Are we all just supposed to mindlessly follow and like everything the band does? Or have people not state their opinion if they dislike something?

EVERYONE STOP AND CALL THE POLICE, I SAID SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT COLDPLAY

boring? :lol:

if this is boring what about Parachutes :uhoh:

I dont like it,but it does not sound boring at ALL

i think it's boring because it doesn't open up any possibilities about the sound of the album. For example, the name "Parachutes" makes me think of falling, then being saved. This could be metaphorical for falling down into depression, then having someone catching them and picking them up. It also makes me think of a slower, gentle descent, almost like the wind is cradling them. And then, what do you know, a lot of the music was almost very "cradling" and comforting.

Mylo Xyloto makes me think of aliens. Big whoop. :|

I find the poll results thus far rather interesting

Agreed.

^I never heard this guy saying a nice thing about Coldplay

His opinion is invalid because, in the 3 and a half months you've been here, he hasn't said anything nice about Coldplay.

You are here since May 2008. Then, it's 10,778 posts about how you don't like Coldplay anymore? Nice :rolleyes:

*cough cough* Lounge section, World of Music, News & Sport, Entertainment and Arts, and Non-Coldplay Multimedia *cough cough*

Besides for all you know he posted 10,000 posts in the first month or two of joining when he still loved Coldplay. So don't judge pls.

Boring? Of all the words in the English vocabulary you could've chosen, you chose.... "boring". Hmmm, what's more quirky/exciting than "MYLO XYLOTO".... what about "Parachutes" wooooo so exciting.... how about "X&Y" oh God, had I been a fan back in that era, I'm sure I would've been bursting with excitment at the sound of .... "X&Y" and AROBTTH and VLVODAAHF are simply too long and monotonous to pronounce they can't possibly be exciting, so what the hell are you talking about? "MYLO XYLOTO" is obviously the least boring title... and the rhyming in it contributes to it's appeal, it doesn't remove from it, since it allows it to simply flow off the tongue. Personally, I think you should stop knocking it, when you don't even know what it means or how it ties in with the album itself. This thread in a sense is pointless. We shouldn't be judging it, or at least so critically when we don't, for lack of a better phrase 'have the full story' behind the title.

I already explained why I like Parachutes.

A Rush of Blood to the Head was interesting because what is rushing to my head? Embarrassment? Shyness? Anger? Fear? Or am I simply running, away from a problem or away from trouble, and the exertion is making blood rush to my head? Is someone holding me upside down over something? An endless pit, of despair maybe? I could go on but I don't see me getting anywhere with you.

And you're right, we shouldn't be having ANY negative thoughts in the Coldplay section, what an atrocity!

I'll judge things whenever I want, having the full story isn't gonna change my opinion whatsoever. :nod:

Agreed. and ohai cresty :heart: