✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

Like, I have no problem criticizing things related to artists that I love more than anything. I'm down with it, it can be interesting, it gives you more to talk about. It can even be fun. :thinking:

*waits for people to take this out of context*

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are very stupid because you are judging things you don't even know what means. You should think a little and wait the time to really see what that means and not come here saying shit...

Do you realise you're saying everyone is stupid, including you, since NO one (and this means those who think the title sucks, those who are indifferent to it and those who think the title is brilliant) knows the real meaning?

No I don't think you realise it :|

Well i'm sure they will in due time, but you can do a google search, or actually look at the threads that talk about the meaning about the title -

Mylo is a uk street artist that probably inspired them to look at the history of the street art from xyloto (wood art, the origin or precursor) to current forms of alternative media (blogs, youtube, graffiti, posters, etc.). Xyloto could also refer to cameras - a term made up by Mylo. or Xylo is a compilation of street art. it's about getting out the real messages of what's going on in our world that we don't get from the powers that be - be it our leaders, traditional media, etc.

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/xylo/Interesting

http://www.xylo.me/

not really sure myself, I was checking out twitter when I saw it and thought 'ay?', maybe if I knew what it ment, it may grow on me. Maybe one of their kids were playing with alphabet spagetti and said 'look daddy!' and they got a bright idea of using what the kids done for an album title, either that or it was a name one of them had on their short list for kids names!!!!

Viva la Vida at least promised a bit of somewhat cultural music. :|

So I say it's worse thatn VLV

You're probably right. VLV kinda shows us the direction of the album. Mylo Xyloto is basically telling me that this album's gonna be all over the place and ridiculous and won't make any sense. Not that I know what kind of music will be in it. But that's the general idea I'm getting.

Yep, we should definitely call it MX. Unless we find out that Mylo Xyloto actually means something really cool. Probably not though. Maybe one of the reasons they chose a name like Mylo Xyloto is because it means absolutely nothing to everybody no matter what language you speak. It puts everybody on the same level. Don't really like the name though.

Mylo Xyloto is basically telling me that this album's gonna be all over the place and ridiculous and won't make any sense. Not that I know what kind of music will be in it. But that's the general idea I'm getting.

Given some of the lyrics of MTM (which, in spite of them, I love) and ETIAW (which I don't love), I could totally buy that. I'll stop there, though, before I get into a musical discussion in a thread solely about the title.

Maybe one of the reasons they chose a name like Mylo Xyloto is because it means absolutely nothing to everybody no matter what language you speak. It puts everybody on the same level.

Yes, because having people all around the world go WTF at the album title instead of just in some countries is a good idea. :|

You're probably right. VLV kinda shows us the direction of the album. Mylo Xyloto is basically telling me that this album's gonna be all over the place and ridiculous and won't make any sense. Not that I know what kind of music will be in it. But that's the general idea I'm getting.

I agree, that's what the title suggests about the music.

But like Violet said I won't judge the music yet as we haven't heard it. . . but this album title really isn't giving me much hope.

I voted 4, because I think it could have been worse, but at the same time...REALLY, guys? Something that we can't pronounce easily, is hard to spell, and at present doesn't seem to mean anything? I mean, I think it must mean SOMETHING, but perhaps only to molecular biologists or something.

I actually disliked "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends" more than I dislike "Mylo Xyloto" on first announcements, but it's like they intentionally made this one obnoxious or something. Plus, the abbreviation is "MX," which is so similar to "X&Y." I mean, "XY" is right smack in the middle of the album cover! I feel like (many) fans, critics, and the band alike have made it clear that's not their favorite album, so it's interesting that it's kind of coming back in weird-twin form, title-wise.

I kind of wish the title was just "MX" and that it stood as Roman numerals for a thousand and ten. What would that mean, I have no idea, but I find that cooler and more elegant, somehow.