✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

I think the same. If you are a real fan, you support everything that they do and you love it from the deep of your heart. You appreciate everything, it doesn't matter if you like it more or less and maybe we can think that it could have been better, but what's better? Are just their decisions. And after all, it's so wonderful the way that they create expectation and the way that we talk about and probably we still talk about this in a few months, even years. By the moment, we can still wondering what the fuck means "Mylo Xyloto". And that's why I love the title.

Erm. . . If you're a fangirl/boy you do that. A real fan will recognize that a band has their ups and downs in terms of quality and that nobody's perfect.

And if this sparks an argument whatever, but I feel that it's important to recognize that no, Coldplay are not gods, and they make mistakes when writing songs so you have to be able to critique their music and be open minded. I'm not saying that you have to hate them, but you should recognize that some songs are better than others, some albums are bad, sometimes the singer is out of their range/out of tune, etc. And what really bothers me is when people say things like this, "oh you're not a real fan if you don't worship everything they do", when the people that do actually do that are the ones that are unaccepting of other opinions. That's really why arguments happen over Coldplay in the Coldplay section- not because people are "hating" but because they express a different, sometimes not complimentary opinion, and the "real fans" just cannot accept that.

Anyways. :|

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the same. If you are a real fan, you support everything that they do and you love it from the deep of your heart. You appreciate everything, it doesn't matter if you like it more or less and maybe we can think that it could have been better, but what's better? Are just their decisions. And after all, it's so wonderful the way that they create expectation and the way that we talk about and probably we still talk about this in a few months, even years. By the moment, we can still wondering what the fuck means "Mylo Xyloto". And that's why I love the title.

Honestly that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Definitely something a fanboy/girl would say.

Honestly... if Coldplay was to release an album of random noises or farting or burping would you honestly as you point "support everything they do and you love it from the deep of your heart"?

Just because someone doesn't like a certain era of music doesn't mean they aren't a fan. I consider myself a fan of the band even though I really don't like their last few albums or the direction they've gone in.

Erm. . . If you're a fangirl/boy you do that. A real fan will recognize that a band has their ups and downs in terms of quality and that nobody's perfect.

And if this sparks an argument whatever, but I feel that it's important to recognize that no, Coldplay are not gods, and they make mistakes when writing songs so you have to be able to critique their music and be open minded. I'm not saying that you have to hate them, but you should recognize that some songs are better than others, some albums are bad, sometimes the singer is out of their range/out of tune, etc. And what really bothers me is when people say things like this, "oh you're not a real fan if you don't worship everything they do", when the people that do actually do that are the ones that are unaccepting of other opinions. That's really why arguments happen over Coldplay in the Coldplay section- not because people are "hating" but because they express a different, sometimes not complimentary opinion, and the "real fans" just cannot accept that.

I completely agree. There are so many bands I love, but there is not one band and never will be one where they'll release material that I completely always love.

You guys there's so many different versions of being a "real fan". If you still consider yourself a real fan after not liking some of their stuff, then good for you no one can take away from you that you feel you are a real fan :D

Same goes for others that love everything coldplay does. You feel you are a real fan, then yes you are :D nothing wrong with being a fangirl/boy so just enjoy the fact that YOU do love everything they do :)

let's try to not make a big deal about this, :P

You guys there's so many different versions of being a "real fan". If you still consider yourself a real fan after not liking some of their stuff, then good for you no one can take away from you that you feel you are a real fan :D

Same goes for others that love everything coldplay does. You feel you are a real fan, then yes you are :D nothing wrong with being a fangirl/boy so just enjoy the fact that YOU do love everything they do :)

I agree.

I just don't see why certain people in general feel you have to love everything an artist does, and clearly many people have taken huge offense to what other members of this forum have said about the direction of the band.

I know that this is a generalization but I'm sure a lot of people really love the direction of the band and songs like Teardrop because they are more familiar with the more mainstream pop direction of the bands last few efforts and probably got into the band within the last few years. I'm sure that I as well as a lot of other members have been listening to the band a lot longer than others (not saying that that makes me or anyone else more of a fan though).

Yes thats right and do you think everyone who didn't vote 10 should go and listen to Spice Girls I do lol. :angry:

I agree.

I just don't see why certain people in general feel you have to love everything an artist does, and clearly many people have taken huge offense to what other members of this forum have said about the direction of the band.

I know that this is a generalization but I'm sure a lot of people really love the direction of the band and songs like Teardrop because they are more familiar with the more mainstream pop direction of the bands last few efforts and probably got into the band within the last few years. I'm sure that I as well as a lot of other members have been listening to the band a lot longer than others (not saying that that makes me or anyone else more of a fan though).

I agree with this too.

My problem with a lot of the Coldplay section is not that I disagree with positive opinions and am out to troll, or anything like that. My main problem is when people are unaccepting of other opinions. :nod:

Yes thats right and do you think everyone who didn't vote 10 should go and listen to Spice Girls I do lol. :angry:

I'll go listen to Spice Girls cause they have a song with the word Viva in it. How's that for a real fan :angry:

WUT. :|

The last time I checked, being a fan doesn't require having fixed and blind opinions like those that you find in a cult.

Yeah, I went there. That's how I feel about it. Some people on this forum just amaze me with their unwillingness to say/accept anything critical about the band, as if it was a sin to make such comments. It's not.

This. :nod:

Honestly that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Definitely something a fanboy/girl would say.

Honestly... if Coldplay was to release an album of random noises or farting or burping would you honestly as you point "support everything they do and you love it from the deep of your heart"?

Just because someone doesn't like a certain era of music doesn't mean they aren't a fan. I consider myself a fan of the band even though I really don't like their last few albums or the direction they've gone in.

I completely agree. There are so many bands I love, but there is not one band and never will be one where they'll release material that I completely always love.

This too. :nod: You guys pretty much have it covered.

It's insulting, though, to have someone tell you that you're something you're really not, especially after saying something that's not meant to be insulting in any way and has NOTHING to do with the members of the band or the members of CPing in question, which happens ALL THE TIME. Just today, it's started all over again. Mike got labeled as a Coldplay hater by some n00b just for making a comment about how he hated where Coldplay was going, without even taking into consideration what else he's said about them here. It's stupid, and it's sickening. There's a difference between being a fan and just being an obnoxious snob about it.

I agree.

I dnt know, its always gonna end in debate when people have opposing opinions :\ its hard to remember that at the end of the day, your opinion should be the one that matters most to you. I admit that sometimes it can be tough, sometime's people's opinions can be very annoying, like when they choose to not even hear why you have your opinion. Its an issue that the whole world has to deal with everyday :P

Well I've been a long time fan, so far I've loved what they have done so far. I find more positive things than negatives. But im still a little nervous when it comes to hearing new albums. Im afraid I wont like it, but they haven't let me down so far. Evnthough I really miss their old stuff sometimes. I find it interesting how the fanbase is so divided on the new material though, I wonder about the reaction from mylo xyloto who will end up being happier? The fans from oldschool coldplay, or the fans of the new :thinking: im in the middle so I have good chances of liking it :)

Anyways I love coldplay :D

I'm sorry if my words have been misinterpreted, probably it has been my fault and I explained myself a little bad.

I'm with you too, because it's evident that I like some things more than others, but it's just I feel a special love with Coldplay, I just don't know why. The first time I heard them was with Yellow when it was released. I remember that I was watching the TV in the dinner room while my mother was talking with the mobile phone, and then I felt goosebumps with that song and I didn't want to hear my mother, so I jumped of the sofa and then ran to the other room, where it was another TV so that way I could listen to the song in a better way.

I can understand your opinions, but I don't like criticism. Well I like it if it's good criticism, but not bad criticism. I liked their first songs better, but sometimes you just don't get what you want, so I adapt to times. I like the evolution. With the title "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends" I just thought: Viva La Vida? I think that the second one goes better with them. But then I got used to it.

BUT HEY, MAYBE ALL WE ARE RIGHT. WE ALL CAN BE GOOD FANS TOGETHER.

It does get really annoying, I'm a member on several different forums and this is the only one where people get so angry about criticism of the band.

You've never been to the Muse board then. :P

I'm sorry if my words have been misinterpreted, probably it has been my fault and I explained myself a little bad.

I'm with you too, because it's evident that I like some things more than others, but it's just I feel a special love with Coldplay, I just don't know why. The first time I heard them was with Yellow when it was released. I remember that I was watching the TV in the dinner room while my mother was talking with the mobile phone, and then I felt goosebumps with that song and I didn't want to hear my mother, so I jumped of the sofa and then ran to the other room, where it was another TV so that way I could listen to the song in a better way.

I can understand your opinions, but I don't like criticism. Well I like it if it's good criticism, but not bad criticism. I liked their first songs better, but sometimes you just don't get what you want, so I adapt to times. I like the evolution. With the title "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends" I just thought: Viva La Vida? I think that the second one goes better with them. But then I got used to it.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but this has been going on for a while and it's gotten worse and worse- yesterday I was personally insulted for having a different opinion. :wtf:

But as a fan of such a hugely popular band, you have to be willing to accept that not everyone is such a huge fan as you and everyone has different opinions. It's best to have an open mind.

>_>

I don't even know what to say to that.

Tbh I think you guys were a little harsh. He seems pretty polite.

JESUS.

It's not about him. It's about the attitudes of some of the members in general. He just happened to be the unfortunate soul who brought it into the conversation. We're not sitting here trying to be mean to him. In fact, he seems a lot nicer than some of the other people I've encountered in the Coldplay section.

I really really like it.

Its interesting and hints towards a real expression of something... what that is though is yet to be heard of course...

Loosen up guys, authors/ artists / poets have been making words up or mophing others for ever