✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

I really don't care what is called ,Im going to enjoy every moment of the anticipation for its release, get giddy over a leak, buy the album, love it, go to the shows, know every line, cry to i the beautiful lyrics and hope Jonny and Will sing more, does it really matter what its called? all that matters is the music

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the album title is unique... it obviously serves some sort of purpose in the music... and we'll find out what sooner or later. To be brutally honest I don't really see many people's big issue with it, it's not something bland, it's not something too long, it's short, catchy, and looks cool to write and say. Soooooo... what's the problem exactly? And don't give the "OH IT'S JUST RUBBISH" response.

Oh and one more thing.

I know this thread is only about the album's title but... seriously. Who cares? The album title could be "Chris Martin Shits A Brick" and if it had amazing music on it, I would love it. Judging an album title is pointless because an album is a lot like a book. You don't read a book for it's title... you read it cause it's a good book.

Surely I am not alone?

I know there are countless numbers of you out there who think it's genius or something, but is there anyone out there who thinks it's stupid?

I do. I \/oted 0, crap, and I adore Coldplay. Sorry, just can't wrap my head around Mylo Xyloto.

I CAN'T EVEN PRONOUNCE IT WITH ALL THE PHONICS.

THIS IS BAD NEWS FOR EVERYONE.

I can't really pronounce a lot of things right, I get confused because I can never be bothered with the effort of learning the right way of saying things. So this album title doesn't bode well for me.

Hey, I may like the music... Except ETIAW cuz it sucks balls... But the album title isn't for me. I preferred stuff like, oh, I don't know... Parachutes? It wasn't pretentious at all.

^I have no problem with the title at all. It's interesting and quirky, kind of like Chris Martin.

Too bad Chris isn't the only one in the band.

Oh and one more thing.

I know this thread is only about the album's title but... seriously. Who cares? The album title could be "Chris Martin Shits A Brick" and if it had amazing music on it, I would love it. Judging an album title is pointless because an album is a lot like a book. You don't read a book for it's title... you read it cause it's a good book.

Not judging the album here.

How many times does it have to be said?

Too bad Chris isn't the only one in the band.

^

He initiates the song-writing process, which is influenced by a theme that he usually institutes. The themes and songs are put up to a vote by the rest of the production team and then those ideas are filtered through each contributing band member and producer... I thought it was understood by most Coldplay fans that they operate in a democratic-like process.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what I think or what you think. It's a thread of venting our excitement, our apprehension, our distaste etc. Whether you like it or not, I don't think there's going to be much convincing on either faction's part. It's like beating a dead horse. Music and other entertainment is a very subjective thing, I hope that concept is well established by evidence of this thread. If you don't like it, very good for you. I applaud your rugged individualism. However, I don't think you have the ground to trump over anyone else's opinion on such a personal subject (whether I find the traits of the title and the singer to be similar doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to the fact that there are three other members, but thanks for your flippant remark).

Yes, I do believe it is quirky and creative. Though the title might not mean a thing, I'm open-minded to the band's decision to choose that title. It means something to them, therefore it must be a parallel medium of expression that matches the ambience and flavor that is carried out through the rest of the album.

I really don't care what is called ,Im going to enjoy every moment of the anticipation for its release, get giddy over a leak, buy the album, love it, go to the shows, know every line, cry to i the beautiful lyrics and hope Jonny and Will sing more, does it really matter what its called? all that matters is the music

What's annoying is that you would love it even if it's totally shit. You would tell yourself its great, you would tell yourself the lyrics are beautiful.

My honest opinion, Mylo Xyloto as the title is fine with me as long as it ends up some having some meaning behind it. I really want the band to explain what it means, which I'm sure they will in time. Right now it's just some made-up word. That being said, I do like that the title is short, that it rhymes, and I appreciate it's uniqueness.