✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about him. It's about the attitudes of some of the members in general. He just happened to be the unfortunate soul who brought it into the conversation. We're not sitting here trying to be mean to him. In fact, he seems a lot nicer than some of the other people I've encountered in the Coldplay section.

Exactly this.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, but this has been going on for a while and it's gotten worse and worse- yesterday I was personally insulted for having a different opinion. :wtf:

But as a fan of such a hugely popular band, you have to be willing to accept that not everyone is such a huge fan as you and everyone has different opinions. It's best to have an open mind.

Thank you. That's my thoughts exactly.

To be fair, it's not as bad right now as it was when ETIAW came out. I haven't gotten into any heated arguments yet, and I haven't had to block anyone like I did with one person (who, oddly enough, kept insulting me even after I blocked him. "Ignore list? What are you, 12?" Oh, please.)

I'm sorry if my words have been misinterpreted, probably it has been my fault and I explained myself a little bad.

I'm with you too, because it's evident that I like some things more than others, but it's just I feel a special love with Coldplay, I just don't know why. The first time I heard them was with Yellow when it was released. I remember that I was watching the TV in the dinner room while my mother was talking with the mobile phone, and then I felt goosebumps with that song and I didn't want to hear my mother, so I jumped of the sofa and then ran to the other room, where it was another TV so that way I could listen to the song in a better way.

I can understand your opinions, but I don't like criticism. Well I like it if it's good criticism, but not bad criticism. I liked their first songs better, but sometimes you just don't get what you want, so I adapt to times. I like the evolution. With the title "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends" I just thought: Viva La Vida? I think that the second one goes better with them. But then I got used to it.

BUT HEY, MAYBE ALL WE ARE RIGHT. WE ALL CAN BE GOOD FANS TOGETHER.

Okay... then I apologize if I seemed harsh with what I said.

I can understand why you or anyone else is excited for these new albums and songs. I remember how I've felt the same way for many bands over the years.

I guess my whole point is that I feel some people think they have to force themselves to like everything by a band to be considered a true fan which is BS. Or basically that people mindlessly love everything that a band releases without properly listening. For example... when Radiohead's album TKOL came out I was massively disappointed by it. But even though I'm a huge fan I didn't give the album or songs a like 10/10 rating just because they're one of my favorite bands.

I'm sorry if my words have been misinterpreted, probably it has been my fault and I explained myself a little bad.

I'm with you too, because it's evident that I like some things more than others, but it's just I feel a special love with Coldplay, I just don't know why. The first time I heard them was with Yellow when it was released. I remember that I was watching the TV in the dinner room while my mother was talking with the mobile phone, and then I felt goosebumps with that song and I didn't want to hear my mother, so I jumped of the sofa and then ran to the other room, where it was another TV so that way I could listen to the song in a better way.

I can understand your opinions, but I don't like criticism. Well I like it if it's good criticism, but not bad criticism. I liked their first songs better, but sometimes you just don't get what you want, so I adapt to times. I like the evolution. With the title "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends" I just thought: Viva La Vida? I think that the second one goes better with them. But then I got used to it.

BUT HEY, MAYBE ALL WE ARE RIGHT. WE ALL CAN BE GOOD FANS TOGETHER.

I know exactly what you are talking about :)

Oh and it sucks that you had to be put on the spot like that. Its not fun to feel you are getting attacked for your post (I know cuz I've gone through it). I hope you dnt feel we were :hug:

Its the discussion that will never end :\

I accept all your apologies, don't worry. I don't feel bad so I'm not gonna stop posting here for this. I hope that we can always discuss in a healthy way :)

And well, probably I'm the first that when all the titles come out I go to see how they sound and if I like them or not. But this may have something to do because I'm very demanding, a lot more than you for sure, and that's my problem!

The fact is that I voted that title with a rating of 7, because I like it but just for the fact that I want to know what does it mean, and if it really has a story behind. But if I'm honest, I would have prefered other title too. I think that "Great Expectations" could have fit well.

Okay... then I apologize if I seemed harsh with what I said.

I can understand why you or anyone else is excited for these new albums and songs. I remember how I've felt the same way for many bands over the years.

I guess my whole point is that I feel some people think they have to force themselves to like everything by a band to be considered a true fan which is BS. Or basically that people mindlessly love everything that a band releases without properly listening. For example... when Radiohead's album TKOL came out I was massively disappointed by it. But even though I'm a huge fan I didn't give the album or songs a like 10/10 rating just because they're one of my favorite bands.

The King of Limbs was awesome.

But no, not a 10/10. :laugh3:

I accept all your apologies, don't worry. I don't feel bad so I'm not gonna stop posting here for this. I hope that we can always discuss in a healthy way :)

And well, probably I'm the first that when all the titles come out I go to see how they sound and if I like them or not. But this may have something to do because I'm very demanding, a lot more than you for sure, and that's my problem!

The fact is that I voted that title with a rating of 7, because I like it but just for the fact that I want to know what does it mean, and if it really has a story behind. But if I'm honest, I would have prefered other title too. I think that "Great Expectations" could have fit well.

If it was Great Expectations it would have been better but not by much, I HATED that book. :P

Just read some of the posts with topics like "being a real fan" (WTF is a real fan anyway) and different opinions and blind love for the band...

if people are arguing and insulting others in such a state of mind I can only shake my head.

just CHILL

THE FUCK

OUT

It's just music after all and not some kind of worldwide emergency meeting <__<

Guest howyousawtheworld

I think people have to accept that you're not going to force a change of attitude to those so called blinded fans. I mean how many times has the Coldplay section been dogged by this same argument, particularly since all this LP5 malarky started back in June. Like a stuck record.

Some fans are very passionate about their attachment to Coldplay. With that love of Coldplay comes a great deal of sensitivity in some cases. But those people should try and find it in themselves to manoeuvre some criticism of the band. It'd probably make you appreciate the really quality stuff from future and past releases even more but it will also make Coldplay seem more normal, like all of us, in that nothing is perfect. You'd be doing a great job for yourself in being totally honest with yourself. Voting 10/10 for everything they do doesn't make sense. Probably stems from a combination of a desire to see Coldplay publicly praised to the highest and a counter on those who will inevitably come on and say 'this is shit'. It's more used in defence than honesty, if you get what I mean. Doubtless there will be those who genuinely feel that something they do is perfect and not feel pressurised into giving it perfect scores and reviews. That said I admire their passion. They clearly care a lot about Coldplay, something many people on here sneer at with their "wit".

As for the critics (the genuine ones and not those who criticise for the sake of criticising) all they want is the version of Coldplay which they feel is the best.

It's like any football team you support. No supporter commits themselves to go as far as saying "well every player is just fantastic". The great ones will be held in high regard with the football fan, the shit one's won't be and will be screamed at to get off the field because all the football fan wants is the best for his or her team. And that's what those critics of Coldplay want. Just the best for Coldplay. Only difference is that football is a results business and you can see who's shit and who's not, whereas music is subjective.

If it was Great Expectations it would have been better but not by much, I HATED that book. :P

Really? Well I almost read it, because I was on a course and the english teacher wanted the students to read that book, but I finally didn't because I left that course. So don't you recommend it to me at all? Well, there's the movie featured by Chris wife, it's just boring too? :D

In any case, I think that just the name sounds very well, like a kind of hope. Maybe "A Hopeful Transmission" would have been as good.

I think people have to accept that you're not going to force a change of attitude to those so called blinded fans. I mean how many times has the Coldplay section been dogged by this same argument, particularly since all this LP5 malarky started back in June. Like a stuck record.

Some fans are very passionate about their attachment to Coldplay. With that love of Coldplay comes a great deal of sensitivity in some cases. But those people should try and find it in themselves to manoeuvre some criticism of the band. It'd probably make you appreciate the really quality stuff from future and past releases even more but it will also make Coldplay seem more normal, like all of us, in that nothing is perfect. You'd be doing a great job for yourself in being totally honest with yourself. Voting 10/10 for everything they do doesn't make sense. Probably stems from a combination of a desire to see Coldplay publicly praised to the highest and a counter on those who will inevitably come on and say 'this is shit'. It's more used in defence than honesty, if you get what I mean. Doubtless there will be those who genuinely feel that something they do is perfect and not feel pressurised into giving it perfect scores and reviews. That said I admire their passion. They clearly care a lot about Coldplay, something many people on here sneer at with their "wit".

As for the critics (the genuine ones and not those who criticise for the sake of criticising) all they want is the version of Coldplay which they feel is the best.

It's like any football team you support. No supporter commits themselves to go as far as saying "well every player is just fantastic". The great ones will be held in high regard with the football fan, the shit one's won't be and will be screamed at to get off the field because all the football fan wants is the best for his or her team. And that's what those critics of Coldplay want. Just the best for Coldplay. Only difference is that football is a results business and you can see who's shit and who's not, whereas music is subjective.

That's very well said.