✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

^^ I just keep MTM in mind. That gives me hope enough that perhaps there will be some good to come out of it.

"Moving To Mars" is actually my least favorite of all the new tracks, I think :P

I think if they just called the album "MX," the whole world would be clamoring for an explanation of what it stood for, moreso than we are now for a meaning of the weird words. Somehow, abbreviations with no explanations are more infuriating to me, which is why I kind of liked the Roman numeral explanation :P

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mylo Xyloto is alright, i think it's different, so that's cool. But i like that we can abbreviate it to MX.

MX has a certain mystery about it that seems very intriguing. :D

As for the artwork, i like the cover on the right much better than the cover on the left.

Before the announcement today, I was pronouncing it in my head as "MY-lo zy-LO-toe," but Chris's handwriting seemingly says "My-lo ZY-le-toe." The emphasis on the ZY vs the LO is a British vs. American thing, I think, but "le-toe"? Is that just his handwriting? The IPA doesn't help me out much :P

That's how I thought it was pronounced too. (the LO way)

But I've decided it doesn't matter how it's pronounced, it still sounds bad. :nod:

Before the announcement today, I was pronouncing it in my head as "MY-lo zy-LO-toe," but Chris's handwriting seemingly says "My-lo ZY-le-toe." The emphasis on the ZY vs the LO is a British vs. American thing, I think, but "le-toe"? Is that just his handwriting? The IPA doesn't help me out much :P

It's My-lo Zy-luh-toe.

Because the " ə" in the IPA Chris wrote is pronounced like the "a" in about.

That's the simplest way I can explain it, I think.

I pronounce it as MY-lo ZY-letoe.

That's how I thought it was pronounced too. (the LO way)

But I've decided it doesn't matter how it's pronounced, it still sounds bad. :nod:

lol yes, still shit.

It's My-lo Zy-luh-toe.

Because the " ə" in the IPA Chris wrote is pronounced like the "a" in about.

That's the simplest way I can explain it, I think.

Ooh, that's helpful, thanks! :dance:

I'll still probably always mistakenly say "zy-LO-toe," having a big fat American mouth, but yeah, I think this album is going to always be MX to me.

Well i'm sure they will in due time, but you can do a google search, or actually look at the threads that talk about the meaning about the title -

Mylo is a uk street artist that probably inspired them to look at the history of the street art from xyloto (wood art, the origin or precursor) to current forms of alternative media (blogs, youtube, graffiti, posters, etc.). Xyloto could also refer to cameras - a term made up by Mylo. or Xylo is a compilation of street art. it's about getting out the real messages of what's going on in our world that we don't get from the powers that be - be it our leaders, traditional media, etc.

http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/xylo/Interesting

http://www.xylo.me/

Also, upon that logic, you could say that this guy influenced the title due to his username

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AeEURGAAGw]"Trouble" by Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

Xylopolist :awesome:

/tenuous links

I think the same. If you are a real fan, you support everything that they do and you love it from the deep of your heart. You appreciate everything, it doesn't matter if you like it more or less and maybe we can think that it could have been better, but what's better? Are just their decisions. And after all, it's so wonderful the way that they create expectation and the way that we talk about and probably we still talk about this in a few months, even years. By the moment, we can still wondering what the fuck means "Mylo Xyloto". And that's why I love the title.

Weird thing I was bored and I said "i'm going to listen to my coldplay albums awe nostalgia" and I layed them all on my floor and I thought,

fuck it's tomarrow, and now i'm here~

Anyways, I think everything is okay except the font. And it looks like a rap album.