✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm bleeding from my face because I don't think this album title is very good.

The Mad Hatter

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact remains that they have worked hard on it and deserve respect even if you dont like it

I don't see anyone lacking of respect to be honest, we're just expressing opinions, and if someone thinks it sucks doesn't mean s/he is lacking of respect towards the band's work, chosing a title cannot even be referred to as a work, their music is, and once again no one is judging their music so far.

I voted 9 for the title, because:

1. The title obviously stands for something. It has a real meaning, mirrored in the album. Maybe we can't see it now, but I'm positive that is the case. Just because the boys would never put something that uncommon on the cover without having something to ground it. That's all.

2. Maybe the title is not the most brilliant one, but it sounds OK. Really, it is not unpleasant for ear, it has certain kind of rhyme with those mailo-zailo thing, which makes it easier to pronounce.

3. I trust them. I see them going on with some theme on this album, and very soon we''ll know what it's all about.

So, from billions of other words in the world, that could possibly make it to the title, I think it's the decent ones, and maybe the best. So it's 9.

MYLO XYLOTO is absolutely brilliant and will get the word out even more - What do I mean by that? Well someone alluded earlier in this thread if it is a reference to the artist Mylo in London that Coldplay may have happened upon in their walkabout in the city.

Absolutely - it's a homage and a great way for people to hear about this artist, specifically bc he/she has some great messages that people need to hear or see e.g. (the increasingly police - like state we live in (look I like security and agree with better intelligence in fighting terrorism/fanaticism but in this day and age - surveillance has gone up tremendously and we sometimes don't even know about - ergo, The newspaper scandal in the UK, FBI in the US, etc.)

second, another diagram shows an hourglass inside a circle representing the time that is running out on our natural world, and that we can't continue to ignore the mass extinction event that is occurring with so many species on our planet, as well as the obvious climate change that is making this world more uninhabitable for a majority of the people on this planet. We need to wake up folks - we can't live in isolation, the environment affects everyone no matter how much money you may have. If there is no water to drink, it doesn't matter if you're the Queen of England, you will suffer.

This album title will catapult this artist to the fore like nothing before, and xyloto is origin/precursor to modern day graffiti (and hence the alternative media - hence Major Minus Media - perhaps the protaganist's underground network or form of communication to others trying to wake up and fight against the groupthink or the propaganda in a totalitiarian, oppressive world.

Again, what a great title. I can't wait to hear from the artist Mylo and if he/she has ever met the band. Mylo really inspired them, and I think this may be one of the best albums to come out in a while, in terms of concept and them. Especially in this day and age.

Bravo Coldplay - you make living that much better, and keep hope in the music world. Keep rocking on, and here's to Paradise - can't wait to hear it. Again, the title is absolutely genius in getting us to learn about the messages that are in the public that we need to take notice of.

I can't wait to hear from the artist Mylo and if he/she has ever met the band.

Someone from here already contacted the guy a few weeks ago, and his response was that he had nothing to do with the band, had no knowledge of anything related to this, etc. It's posted somewhere on here, just not sure where...

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch.

I just saw the thread on the Coldplay forum, there are some interesting and quite entertaining theories on there, but I'm afraid that I'm not working for Coldplay and have never had any contact with them, so I don't have any info about their new album. I just make street protest art about things that happen to concern me, such as civil liberties and environmental issues such as extinction.

I use 'Xylo' as my street name because the first ever posters I was putting up in the streets were woodcut prints, the technical term for which is xylography. I also do woodcarving, so it seemed like an appropriate name. 

Anyway, I hope you find the answer to the mystery. All the best. :)     

--- On Sun, 24/7/11, ' Rafael Ferreira <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Coldplay
To: [email][email protected][/email]
Date: Sunday, 24 July, 2011, 6:37

We got it. We want to know if you are working with/for Coldplay.

Well Mylo absolutely inspired them - it all makes sense - Chris and the gang must have been walking around london, and saw this art and the messages that Mylo was trying to convey to the public in whatever way he/she could.

Seeing that and probably reading up about the history of street art/graffiti/etc. they were inspired to write an album with a concept of a man trying to fight against an oppressive system, falling in love, and having hope in a desperate and increasingly hopeless world. (Chris mentions The Road by Cormac McCarthy - which is a post apocalyptic story of a father and son still trying to be the good guys in a world turned to cannabilism and outright terror. It's a beautifully tragic movie, and perhaps a future we all want to avoid given the climate change that is occuring and the ever dwindling resources that are overpopulated world will be fighting over.

Thank you Mylo and thank you Coldplay - can't wait for this album - i want to get every song that fits in with the theme. this may be their ok computer in terms of coming to grips with our changing world - be it societally (UK riots, flash mobs, wars, terrorism) and environmentally (climate change, earthquakes, nuclear disasters, tsunamis, flooding).

This is going to be an amazing album.