✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise and 9/11

followchrist77

It was actually 10 years ago. And because life goes on, yes. Awfully sorry for those who died and their relatives. But if a single named Paradise can't be released 10 years and a day after a tragedy, then what is still allowed?

Right now there are hundreds of thousands of people dying in East Africa, which is more actual and even worse than 9/11 (other than the latter causing a new world order and general Western paranoia on top of it). Should the single Paradise be trashed because it's inappropriate?

If Paradise is a heaven reference like I think it is, then some people may draw some comfort from it, so you can look at this both ways.

I don't think however that it means anything. They're a British band, and it happened 10 years ago. If they wanted to do a tribute they probably would have on the VLV album.

But the fact still remains, 9/11 wasn't the happiest day and it sure wasn't paradise. I do agree with Wickett and all. Also, Coldplay did pay their tribute in the song Politik. Wouldn't be surprised if they added some comforting words in Paradise too.

P.S.

Do not take this the wrong as though I am still mopping around about 9/11.

But the fact still remains, 9/11 wasn't the happiest day and it sure wasn't paradise. I do agree with Wickett and all. Also, Coldplay did pay their tribute in the song Politik. Wouldn't be surprised if they added some comforting words in Paradise too.

P.S.

Do not take this the wrong as though I am still mopping around about 9/11.

Yes, they did Politik. But I don't think Paradise will be a tribute. Even though people are still sobbing ten years later, the message won't be as relevant. I think Paradise release is just a coincidence.

This DEFINITELY takes the cake for worst thread.

Every year, there are countless songs and albums released around this time.

Heck, I remember Kanye West & 50 Cent had their albums battle in 2007 on September 11th.

2 years ago, JayZ dropped his album on Sept. 11th. These are US superstars and nobody said anything. Now Coldplay (British superstars) is releasing a song the day after the 11 and suddenly it's mayhem!???

This Sept. 11th is also the beginning of American football season (lots of partying, swearing and drinking). Around 80 millions will be watching and partying. Now THAT should be a problem not Paradise.