✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise and 9/11

followchrist77

Anyone else realize that then new single (or EP or whatever) is right after 9/11 the day where three thousand people died 10 years ago? Why on earth the name paradise?

P.S.

I'm still excited to hear it, just disagree with the title and date.

So... do you think it would have been more appropriate for them to release Up in Flames instead?

I mean really... I don't understand the logic. It appears that the rest of us don't understand it either. I'm not trying to be rude, but...

I think it's safe to say that Paradise will have nothing to do with it. NOTHING.

So... do you think it would have been more appropriate for them to release Up in Flames instead?

:stunned:

Anyway, I don't think it has anything to do with 9/11. Although, wasn't there a rumor that it would come out a day early on another thread? If that happened, I feel like that might be a little weird. Just because it's a day for remembrance, etc. Not a new song called "Paradise". I'd rather wait until Monday.

I don't think it would be offensive to anyone, really, but I don't see it being a great idea.

I have to say this is the worst WORST thread I have ever seen. It's a day after and the song will have no relevance to 9/11 whatsoever. I say close this thread, its ridiculous.

I do what to say however, how shocking and upsetting I found 9/11 to be and my thoughts are with those effected as I'm sure this is an extremely difficult time of year. Those who lost and risked their lives will never be forgotten.

OH MY GOD! COLDPLAY ARE RELEASING A SONG A DAY AFTER 9/11???? OH NO HOW AWFUL. DON'T THEY HAVE ANY RESPECT?

Seriously, topic creator. Grow up. Not everything revolves around 9/11. Yes it was awful and everything but why do some people insist on bringing it up at every possible opportunity?

I think a consensus in England is that however bad the 9/11 tragedy was, it's not our tragedy to still be mourning.

I disagree in some ways. Whenever I have spoken to people about this event, everyone still feels sad. Now I am i no way saying we can relate to anyone who was there but I still to this day feel upset when I see the images and documentaries on tv. I had to turn one off the other day as I found it so upsetting.

I disagree in some ways. Whenever I have spoken to people about this event, everyone still feels sad. Now I am i no way saying we can relate to anyone who was there but I still to this day feel upset when I see the images and documentaries on tv. I had to turn one off the other day as I found it so upsetting.

That's what I was trying to say. We can't relate to the Americans. We all think it's terrible but we don't bring it up.

As for this as a whole thread, I think it's sad. We've had a fear culture since 9/11, and Coldplay make perhaps the most optimistic music of any band in the world. Revel in that. Revel in your freedom. Revel in the fact that the man who you wanted to catch has been caught, go out, enjoy your life and live for those who died. But don't keep bringing up 9/11, because if we don't move on, fear has won.

That's what I was trying to say. We can't relate to the Americans. We all think it's terrible but we don't bring it up.

As for this as a whole thread, I think it's sad. We've had a fear culture since 9/11, and Coldplay make perhaps the most optimistic music of any band in the world. Revel in that. Revel in your freedom. Revel in the fact that the man who you wanted to catch has been caught, go out, enjoy your life and live for those who died. But don't keep bringing up 9/11, because if we don't move on, fear has won.

ahh sorry, fair enough! As for your second paragraph I could not agree more....thats probably the best thing I have ever read on this forum. Well done you!

As for the creator of this thread, don't beat yourself up about it. :) Just enjoy Paradise and enjoy Coldplay's Music :D