✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise Listening Party - 7:50 A.M UK Time (Real time CHATROOM embedded in first post!)

Mark

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not fishy. They did the same with Christmas Lights, went to Radio 1 played it, then released it immediately afterwards.

They're not the type to promote singles within an inch of their lives to secure a number 1 the way other artists do. Like Chris said himself in Billboard "we're not a singles band"

Well, this represents music's last stand for survival in my eyes, Coldplay and One Direction are releasing a single in the same week. If One Direction charts higher than Paradise, i will lose all faith in the music industry and people who buy music. I'm not hopeful that Coldplay will be #1 but they will definitely have released the highest quality song

Well, this represents music's last stand for survival in my eyes, Coldplay and One Direction are releasing a single in the same week. If One Direction charts higher than Paradise, i will lose all faith in the music industry and people who buy music. I'm not hopeful that Coldplay will be #1 but they will definitely have released the highest quality song

:D

Don't worry ,doesn't matter if paradise does bad in charts, the album still will be huge!

One Direction will get to number 1, its no doubt, im an expert on the UK charts and they will get around 100-150k first week sales, it doesn't indicate much, no one really talk's about or cares about number 1 anymore like in 2005 for example with the Crazy Frog v Speed of Sound thing. They are products of a reality TV show and they will be forgotten about eventually.

If Coldplay cared about the chart peak for Paradise, there would of been no on air/on sale release. Instead they will peak a places lower than usually but have better all round sales, how radio recieves it will show more. ETIAW peaked at number 1 for one week, it has been a commercial success in the same way Talk and Violet Hill were another two top 10 singles.

Paradise is released on Monday morning, which gives it less time for sales rather than at Saturday/Sunday midnight but will be really hoping for a top 5 placing, but we should expect top 10 at least which is great as Coldplay's top 10 hit list is growing and growing :D