✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

so... no car kids??

VIVA.42

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car Kids is the name of the gang which the story's Guy and Girl become.

By the way who started this theory was me and it's most likely true since the guys on the concerts have "Car Kids" written in their shirts, like a Gang.

If i recall right...Chris is the only 1 who wears the T-Shirt with the CarKids on his back.

So the Theory that they are the Group "Car Kids" is trashed in my view.

There are evidences that we will hear Car Kids someday.

1. The Interview back in 2009/10 where Chris said it's a Song about old People complaining about Teens called "Car Kids"

2. Chris has in on his Shirt.

3. Car Kids is written a few times on the Graffitiwall.

4. Oracle said it's a Song which didn't make it on the Album.

That obviously means it's an actual recorded Song.

They may put it on a B-Side or even EP.

Edit:

Just read it.

October 27, 2011 - submitted by Jessica, United States of America

Q. Dearest Oracle, I am looking at the back of Mylo Xyloto and I noticed that each song corresponds to a shape below, such as Up with the Birds is a bird shape. Can you tell me why Us Against the World is a sideways letter c and k? Or is it a variant on a stick figure? By the way I love the album but I wish that I hadn't seen footage of the band playing these songs live because I think they sound so much wonderful live. Thanks for answering my question and have a good day Oracle! Jessica

The Oracle replies:

Yes it's a stick figure but also the initials CK as you say, which stands for Car Kids.

So the CK indeed stands for Car Kids.

Does it mean Us against the World is used to be Car Kids or will the Single have Car Kids as the B-Side?

Even though Us against the World has no clue of old people complaining about teens.

I don't think Car Kids is like Famous Old Painters, though. Famous Old Painters never really had much coverage by the band. Car Kids is, I think, the MX era's "Prospekt". Prospekt was a whole theme that went on during the VLV era, what with the reports from the studio and all, and though it never went on the album, it made it onto the EP. Car Kids seems a lot like that, where it's mentioned EVERYWHERE, even on the album art, but didn't make it on the album, and even Oracle confirmed it to be a song they pretty much finished. That's why I think we'll hear it eventually, in some form or another.

What I wouldn't give to hear all those other songs they scrapped...

:nod:

We would have like 5 more albums. That would be just... oh. I can't imagine.

There are so many things that we could think of when we think of Car Kids. But I don't think it's just a song .. It's on Chris' shirt, on the wall, etc... Maybe an EP, who knows... But that would be in a year or so...

If i recall right...Chris is the only 1 who wears the T-Shirt with the CarKids on his back.

So the Theory that they are the Group "Car Kids" is trashed in my view.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsyBA2Rvmys]Coldplay - American Express UNSTAGED: Join us LIVE 10/26 - YouTube[/ame]

They all have it on their shirts in this video I think

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, especially because the length of Charlie Brown is way off.. busybeeburns confirmed that someone on this forum had the same IP as the person who updated the Wikipedia article, so it's fake I guess.

3:40 is the length of the radio edit. They basically cut off the intro and outro.

Car Kids being on a promo cd is impossible, because promo's don't have b-sides.

the oracle said :

October 3, 2011 - submitted by Rik, United States of America

Q. I've been wondering this for a long while now as I'm sure many others have, it was on Chris' shirt, the home page background. What does Car Kids mean? Is it a lyric or a song on the new album? Thanks Oracle!!

The Oracle replies:

Yeah, as far as I know it was a song pencilled in for inclusion on Mylo Xyloto but didn't make it on to the final tracklisting. We may hear it one day, who knows?

It's a full song. It's not Charlie Brown

Correct me if im wrong but.

Dont let it break your Heart and MMIX were never on ASCAP or the PRS.

But they are actual songs... cant say MMIX is an actual song since it's just intro but still.

Car Kids will be a Song im pretty sure or Chris just changed his Mind with saying "The Song is called Car Kids" as heard in the Interview.

But why having in on the Clothes..same with REX and Golden Arrow.

And which Song is meant with the Luminous Lyrics...so many secrets.

Edit:

I would have loved Car Kids to be the Extended Piano ending from Charlie Brown with Lyrics of course.

You know, Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will writing songs for their family.

Rex is also the name of a child of Will

I think it's time to give this one up. Let me just link you to this post by the lovely Laura who asked Jonny about it:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5093551&postcount=210

I like, want to paste this on my forehead or my sig or something. I know there's a song like this that everyone's clawing for every album, but GOOD LORD, everyone's so over the top with this one!

I like, want to paste this on my forehead or my sig or something. I know there's a song like this that everyone's clawing for every album, but GOOD LORD, everyone's so over the top with this one!

I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with Car Kids. I think Golden Arrow, Rex and Alien Radio must be feeling left out with CK getting all the attention! :lol:

It's because it's on their shirts and in the graffiti and stuff, which I agree makes it tempting, but if we just think logically, even before what Jonny told Laura, couldn't we all just assume it was a song that almost made the record, but didn't? Especially because they didn't finalize the tracklisting until the very last minute. I don't think they're being mysterious, I just think they happened to do the artwork before they posted the tracklisting, and yet everyone's like IT MUST BE COMING OUT SOMETIME over and over, when it's probably not at all.