VIVA.42

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

car kids is a song

I think many people know this already, but I only saw this now:

http://www.20min.ch/videotv/?channel_id=8&video_id=14917

This is an interview from 2009 and they actually talk about the song Car Kids, at about 11 minutes left (timer counts down). They say it's about old people complaining about kids.

Maybe they changed the name to Charlie Brown though, since that could be about complaining people too, especially the "all the boys, all the girls" part.

But I hope Car Kids is a separate song. And I'd like it on the album, please. Thanks.

:D

i was looking forward to it and i hope its on the album .

• 1 month later...
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Seriously, it's not a song.

You are wrong buddy. Chris has said numerous times that Car Kids is a song about old people getting pissed off and annoyed at the youth. He has also said it's a "really good one". The oracle has also said it is a full song that didn't make the record.

It's a full song. It's not on the record. We will hear it eventually.

You are wrong buddy. Chris has said numerous times that Car Kids is a song about old people getting pissed off and annoyed at the youth. He has also said it's a "really good one". The oracle has also said it is a full song that didn't make the record.

It's a full song. It's not on the record. We will hear it eventually.

I can't remember Chris saying that, but if it's a real song, then it sounds amazing! :D

I thought Car Kids was just an idea embedded within the song Charlie Brown.

I can't remember Chris saying that, but if it's a real song, then it sounds amazing! :D

He says it with 11 minutes to go:

http://www.20min.ch/videotv/?channel...video_id=14917

And the oracle:

October 3, 2011 - submitted by Rik, United States of America

Q. I've been wondering this for a long while now as I'm sure many others have, it was on Chris' shirt, the home page background. What does Car Kids mean? Is it a lyric or a song on the new album? Thanks Oracle!!

The Oracle replies:

Yeah, as far as I know it was a song pencilled in for inclusion on Mylo Xyloto but didn't make it on to the final tracklisting. We may hear it one day, who knows?

It's a full song. It's not Charlie Brown.

He says it with 11 minutes to go:

http://www.20min.ch/videotv/?channel...video_id=14917

And the oracle:

October 3, 2011 - submitted by Rik, United States of America

Q. I've been wondering this for a long while now as I'm sure many others have, it was on Chris' shirt, the home page background. What does Car Kids mean? Is it a lyric or a song on the new album? Thanks Oracle!!

The Oracle replies:

Yeah, as far as I know it was a song pencilled in for inclusion on Mylo Xyloto but didn't make it on to the final tracklisting. We may hear it one day, who knows?

It's a full song. It's not Charlie Brown.

Great! Thanks!! I hope we'll listen to it someday, maybe they'll release an EP after all? That would be so awesome!

Correct me if im wrong but.

Dont let it break your Heart and MMIX were never on ASCAP or the PRS.

But they are actual songs... cant say MMIX is an actual song since it's just intro but still.

Car Kids will be a Song im pretty sure or Chris just changed his Mind with saying "The Song is called Car Kids" as heard in the Interview.

But why having in on the Clothes..same with REX and Golden Arrow.

And which Song is meant with the Luminous Lyrics...so many secrets.

Edit:

I would have loved Car Kids to be the Extended Piano ending from Charlie Brown with Lyrics of course.

I think Car Kids is the second half of Up With The Birds.

Possibility! The line in the second half of UWTB that says "Good Things are Coming Our Way" could be a split ending, the Car Kids could be saying it if it's just a general group of characters in the album, or that line could lead into an EP of like 6 songs, and Car Kids be on it.