✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What if Coldplay Would Make An Album Under An Idependent Label?

Batmotor

It's not looking good with the new singles Coldplay are releasing at the moment.

ETIAW,MM,Paradise

What's going on,why choose the route of mainstream.Out of inspiration?

quick money making perhaps?

Why choose for Eno?

all those questions are rising when you here those awfull singles from LP5

Coldplay used to be a great great band who did make music that inspirated other bands,but now they going with mainstream plastic sound effects and really i mean really silly uninspirable lyrics.

WTF is happening?

why not make a track called 'WTF' instead of 'UFO'

What does 'UFO' resemble? maybe 'Ustoppable Force Of Shit' ???

if Coldplay would make LP6 under an independent label maybe they would make the best record they ever made.Radiohead for example made great records under independent labels.

Coldplay just go for that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't their contract with EMI up after LP5? I'm sure they were signed for 5 albums. Maybe they will move on, if they choose to stay with EMI, one can assume EMI aren't putting pressure on them to make songs like ETIAW and they're doing it because that's what they want to make. Anyway, I like all the new songs, so I'm happy either way.

I doubt it's the record label making Coldplay do this. I'm 100% sure that this new direction isn't motivated by wanting to gain fans or money, it's motivated by the fact that the band wants to go this way.

Do you really think the boys would be chasing money?

I guess it would be one of the best albums they ever made, as good as parachutes:) I think they would create a more quiet and stripped down album like they initially planned for LP5...

And most important: IT WOULD SAVE US FROM RHIANNA!!!!!:veryangry2:

I guess it would be one of the best albums they ever made, as good as parachutes:) I think they would create a more quiet and stripped down album like they initially planned for LP5...

And most important: IT WOULD SAVE US FROM RHIANNA!!!!!:veryangry2:

+1000 again.

An independent label would not change a thing...Chris is and has been fascinated by pop for a long time (Coldplay have also cited A-Ha as one of their early influence), so this is the direction they want to take. There is no way the label is putting pressure on them. If that were so, Viva would have been a copy of X&Y. No I am 100% sure this is what they want to do and you can tell by the dedication they put in their music and their enthusiasm.

An independent label would not change a thing...Chris is and has been fascinated by pop for a long time (Coldplay have also cited A-Ha as one of their early influence), so this is the direction they want to take. There is no way the label is putting pressure on them. If that were so, Viva would have been a copy of X&Y. No I am 100% sure this is what they want to do and you can tell by the dedication they put in their music and their enthusiasm.

Do you really think the EMI had no influence on the style of this album? They need the money and because of this there are songs like Paradise or Princess of China i think. Don't you think they asked Rhianna to be on Princess of China to make it a topseller-single? It's sad that it came to this,but i think it's not the fault of the band members...just my opinion;)

I alredy wondered about this when they changed the style of the album from the first planned acoustic/stripped down/quiet/ LP to the "Mylo Xyloto"-Style: I was sure it was the influence of EMI...

But not to forget (and also for Batmotor): WHY WHY WHY RHIANNA????? I HATE HER MUSIC:(

Do you really think the EMI had no influence on the style of this album? They need the money and because of this there are songs like Paradise or Princess of China i think. Don't you think they asked Rhianna to be on Princess of China to make it a topseller-single? It's sad that it came to this,but i think it's not the fault of the band members...just my opinion;)

I alredy wondered about this when they changed the style of the album from the first planned acoustic/stripped down/quiet/ LP to the "Mylo Xyloto"-Style: I was sure it was the influence of EMI...

But not to forget (and also for Batmotor): WHY WHY WHY RHIANNA????? I HATE HER MUSIC:(

We are all just speculating but Chris is genuinely appreciative of pop artists like Jay-Z, so I don´t find their new direction shocking. I think Chris personally asked Rhianna, if I remember I read it on an article. They also explained why they changed from acoustic to MX-style in their interview, but I guess we can all believe what we want to believe, right? :)

We are all just speculating but Chris is genuinely appreciative of pop artists like Jay-Z, so I don´t find their new direction shocking. I think Chris personally asked Rhianna, if I remember I read it on an article. They also explained why they changed from acoustic to MX-style in their interview, but I guess we can all believe what we want to believe, right? :)

Of course we can:)

I just wanted to say my opinion and i never wanted to criticize yours!

But all the facts just made me wonder a lot of times...

And maybe i just want to believe that it's true because i really hate Rhianna :D

Of course we can:)

I just wanted to say my opinion and i never wanted to criticize yours!

But all the facts just made me wonder a lot of times...

And maybe i just want to believe that it's true because i really hate Rhianna :D

Hehe I never thought you were criticizing my opinion :) And yes people believe according to their expectations often. I just think that if this was only EMI, Chris would not be gushing about pop artists any chance he gets. I am not a Rhianna fan per se, but this will still be a Coldplay song only FEATURING Rhianna, so chances are if you liked POC before you will like it on the album hopefully! :)

I just want to sleep over Mylo Xyloto era now and wake up to LP6 era. I was so looking forward to this album and now everything has to dissapoint me. :angry:

And I really hope that it's true that this is their last EMI album. :)

LP6 should be their Kid A or The Dark Side Of The Moon hopefully :D

if they are going the money making way cause of their current label and they disagree with it, they shall start their own label, imo. so far my top 3 musicians run their own label or are in a less known one, and their work sounds much better, is more natural, more themselves.

Coldplay are free to choose after MX right? 5 albums was their contract.

we'll see what will happen.

if they change, probably many new fans will drop following them - where even with 3 mid disapopintment albums the initial fans have stuck with them no matter what-, but even if they don't change, i'll be thankful for their debut and second album.

Is their decition and i don't think there's a way we can help on it.