✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which singer would you have chosen to do Princess of China's female vocal?

Guest Osaka Sun

Natasha Khan from Bat For Lashes would have been sooo perfect ! Moreover, she has supported them so it would have been a great thing to make herself known. And it would have been great from Coldplay to help "smaller" artists, Rihanna really doesn't need help :dozey:

Emily Haines, of Metric, could have been great too.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Florence Welch would have been a great choice, I think she's got a better and more interesting voice than Rihanna. She's also a lot more talented and actually gets involved in the song-writing process of her songs whereas Rihanna doesn't.

I just don't like how commercial Rihanna is. From her newest album 7 out of 11 songs were released as singles. I don't know if that was a choice from her record company or whatever but I just can't respect her as an artist when she allows decisions like that. It's just an obvious attempt to maximise profits. I seriously doubt that she has any emotional attachment to her songs whatsoever. Overall Rihanna is presented as a product rather than an artist and I just don't like that.

I think Florence Welch would have been a great choice, I think she's got a better and more interesting voice than Rihanna. She's also a lot more talented and actually gets involved in the song-writing process of her songs whereas Rihanna doesn't.

I just don't like how commercial Rihanna is. From her newest album 7 out of 11 songs were released as singles. I don't know if that was a choice from her record company or whatever but I just can't respect her as an artist when she allows decisions like that. It's just an obvious attempt to maximise profits. I seriously doubt that she has any emotional attachment to her songs whatsoever. Overall Rihanna is presented as a product rather than an artist and I just don't like that.

WOW 7 out of 11? that's a lot of singles.

Do you not think a band/singer should release that many singles? that part of your post confused me

Great post! :)

WOW 7 out of 11? that's a lot of singles.

Do you not think a band/singer should release that many singles? that part of your post confused me

Well I just think that 7 singles from an album is overkill. I don't understand why you'd bother to release an album at all if you plan to release 7 of the songs as singles anyway. Maybe I'm biased because I love listening to complete albums but it seems that every song on the album was written for no other reason than to make money and that's not what music is about.

Having heard the song, I think Rihanna's voice sounds just fine. I love some of the other choices as artists (Florence, Adele, Natasha Khan, etc.), but Rihanna sounds just right for the style of this song. I think Florence and Adele have too strong of voices for it.

I think it's good the way it is. Rihanna, on this song at least, is really singing beautifully, as Chris and Will emphasised (I still don't like when she sings with a kind of dull voice though).

There are some singers I like but I'm not sure they'd fit the song, like Florence Welch and Lisa Hannigan. They're really, really good singers and have stunning singing voices, but, again, I'm not sure they'd fit the song.

Maybe Beyoncé? :thinking:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I don't care what anyone says but I like Regine Chassagne best. She can help smash the suburbs with Chris any day of the week. :dazzled:

Now that I've heard the actual song, I'm glad they kept Florence away, as well as Regina Spektor, PJ Harvey, Annie Clark, etc. They gave Rihanna a deservedly shit song to work with. :):):)

:laugh4:

I still think Florence would've been great. I don't think there'd be as many angry/confused Coldplay fans if they chose Flo.

But I think Natasha Khan would've been perfect.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Now that I've heard the actual song, I'm glad they kept Florence away, as well as Regina Spektor, PJ Harvey, Annie Clark, etc. They gave Rihanna a deservedly shit song to work with. :):):)

Florence doesn't deserve to be in that list. Incredibly overrated act. Relieved Mylo is being released next week so it can drain out the tortured wailings of that next Florence record. Thank god.