✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which singer would you have chosen to do Princess of China's female vocal?

Guest Osaka Sun

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Chris Martin on his own... But if they really needed female vocals I'd go for one of these:

Natalie Imbruglia, Adele, Florence Welsh, Bat For Lashes, or even The Pierces.

But absolutely not the other sheep known as Rihanna.

Ooh, Bat for Lashes! :wacky: She'd be my first choice.

not heard it yet so i don't know who would work well.

liking that it is Rihanna as i like her

but i think other choices could haave been p!nk, ana matronic [of scissor sisters] or [the current queen of pop] lady gaga

Well, I trust Coldplay's judgement and I also trust that they have a good reason for choosing Rihanna over the countless other talented female artists of today, so I'm going to say that Rihanna is the best choice :cool:

However, if it had been up to me, I would have gone for Chris alone (or in a duet will Will, Guy, or Jonny if necessary . . . off topic: We need moar love for Guy's vocals :nod: ) or if a female vocal was vital: Sara Bareilles.

• 3 weeks later...

I adore florence I'm not sure how she would mix with chris's voice but she is amazing and has really powerful songs like coldplay. I know many people aren't a fan of the new direction coldplay seems to be going with more electronic and pop sounds and I think long time coldplay fans like myself who would like to hear more of their old sound (though I love the new stuff too) would be fans of a florence colaboration

Guest howyousawtheworld

Alicia Keys would have been fine. But I agree with Prospektor - Lily Allen would have been really good.

I'd say it was fine on its own, but Florence's voice would be awesome :awesome:

Right, because Florence's voice is far more suited to a rnb-pop fusion song than Rihanna's is. Florence also has an exotic voice that is suited to the song.

Wait. None of those things are true! ;)

:kiss: