✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which singer would you have chosen to do Princess of China's female vocal?

Guest Osaka Sun

Florence doesn't deserve to be in that list. Incredibly overrated act. Relieved Mylo is being released next week so it can drain out the tortured wailings of that next Florence record. Thank god.

I second that. Florence is OK but people talk as if she was the best artist in the world...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Florence is so much a better singer than Rihanna. The difference between both of them is that Rihanna is famous for being the pretty girl with the charted hit songs and Florence (and The Machine) is more 'alternative'. Just listen to the Rihanna songs Unfaithful or Love The Way You Lie (the piano version) and you'll hear she's also an excellent singer.

I do get the feeling if Coldplay would have picked Florence to do Princess Of China, much more of you guys would've liked the song. I just wanna say: judge the song as a song, a part of Mylo Xyloto. Don't judge it because it you just don't like Rihanna and therefore you never really gave the song a chance.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I don't think Florence is so much a better singer than Rihanna. The difference between both of them is that Rihanna is famous for being the pretty girl with the charted hit songs and Florence (and The Machine) is more 'alternative'. Just listen to the Rihanna songs Unfaithful or Love The Way You Lie (the piano version) and you'll hear she's also an excellent singer.

I do get the feeling if Coldplay would have picked Florence to do Princess Of China, much more of you guys would've liked the song. I just wanna say: judge the song as a song, a part of Mylo Xyloto. Don't judge it because it you just don't like Rihanna and therefore you never really gave the song a chance.

You'll be amazed how many people listen to Florence and the Machine just because she dresses up as a bit of an idiot. A sort of "look at me I'm alternative but my music is generic as fuck" look.

It's weird that everyone is bugged by Rihanna. I hate her songs, but I think here she sings really really well. If I didn't know it was her, I probably wouldn't even have recognised her. If you think the song sucks, don't blame her, blame Coldplay

Guest howyousawtheworld

Florence Welch - Overrated to death. All she seems to sing is feckin vowels.

Kylie Minogue - been done. Great pop singer who's stood the test of time but she's been done on the stangely likeable Lhuna.

Alicia Keys - quality singer. Wouldn't be a bad choice.

Rihanna - did a decent enough job on the song but they could have chosen better.

There is only one choice really for this song and she would have been perfect - Lily Allen. Like Coldplay she found her way in the Camden music scene and sang some really good electro pop songs on her second album. Not only would it have been a forward thinking move, but it would also be a homage to the local music scene which spurred both acts to the top. She would be a refreshing return to the music scene after the overrated madness that is Adele and Florence. After all it was her and Amy Winehouse which paved the way for those lesser acts to make their way to the top. Sadly Allen doesn't have any plans to go back to the recording studio, and especially after the tragic death of Amy Winehouse, that's even worse news now.

I just wanna say: judge the song as a song, a part of Mylo Xyloto. Don't judge it because it you just don't like Rihanna and therefore you never really gave the song a chance.

Very well said. At first, when I found out the song would feature Rihanna, I twisted my nose and started talking as if I were nauseated. It's awful to admit it, but it's true. Afterwards, I managed to be rational and not judge something I hadn't even listened yet.

Having listened to it, I can say I like it . I can't say it's my favourite song, but I like it. Hopefully, I can say that irregardless of my general idea of Rihanna's music. I don't like her voice very much (sometimes, it sounds a little dull to me), but I can admit that she's doing a very good job in PoC.

Also, I find it awkward that people state their opinions as if they were axioms or some kind of absolute truth when they are just that, opinions.

Alicia Keys was a good suggestion. I must admit that even when I said Rihanna did great, Alicia Keys came to mind because her vocals are really strong. Id actually love to hear her and Chris duet. That would be amazing. Adele and Chris would make a good team as well.

I agree. Its obvious a lot of people just hate the song b/c of Rihanna.