✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

It sounds like a backstreet boys song (Songs that sound like Paradise)

Lore

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG, why we have to make threads like this? WHY?????????????

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO unecessary, I honestly don't understand where you want to go with these stupid comparisons..

I'm VERY tired of all these opinions... HEEEEELLOOOO PEOPLE, come to lifeee!

IT'S ENOUGH to me. :disappointed:

GO ON WITH THIS STUPID DISCUSSION.

Wait. Before you get upset, let's think about Chris Martin and songwriting. For any song he has written, he or the band will tell you that another song or artist inspired it. Numerous times in interviews he has named specific songs that they were listening to when they wrote something. I don't think there is anything wrong or stupid about this thread.

Maybe other people who dislike Paradise are posting for more nefarious reasons, but personally I like the song, and I can see how some of these comparisons are being made.

Wait. Before you get upset, let's think about Chris Martin and songwriting. For any song he has written, he or the band will tell you that another song or artist inspired it. Numerous times in interviews he has named specific songs that they were listening to when they wrote something. I don't think there is anything wrong or stupid about this thread.

Maybe other people who dislike Paradise are posting for more nefarious reasons, but personally I like the song, and I can see how some of these comparisons are being made.

Heeey, wait you! Ohhh, you're putting videos here to show what songs are simmilar with paradise?? Congrats, what a big WORK you're doing!

HONESTLY, where you want to go with this?

I've never seen this before... :inquisitive: GO ON GO ON!

Seriously, this has been addressed so many times by the band. If we were talking about some serious plagiarism, then it would be a different story, but is every Coldplay single going to be followed by: "Oh my god, it sounds just like this! They are so unoriginal!"

Well, posting similar songs could tell us many things, for example give us info about the kind of audience they want to reach, the music influences involved in this album, etc.

^ I agree more with this, and viewing the thread through that lens makes it a lot more valuable to the community, in my opinion.

Those songs are similar in style and chords, but I just want you to notice how more layered and developed Paradise is: I hear new things every time I listen to it. I think that´s what definitely sets it apart and makes it a Coldplay song (and of course Jonny boy´s 3 notes :)