✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MX Compliments Thread (Share the MX love)

MXColdplayObsessed

I think, if MM, MTM, ETIAW, Paradise, and all the other songs from the album that we have already heard are anything to judge from, that this could easily be the best Coldplay album yet. :heart:

Yes! That´s my feeling as well. We have not even heard Up In Flames yet (which apparently is Will´s fav song) and there are already SO many songs to love! I definitely think this will be my Coldplay fav album :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to read the PM you got concerning the thread removal.

You were telling members to form another Coldplay forum together. Coldplaying, a Coldplay forum, is not the place to do that, it's respectless.

Thats not what i was trying to do at all...All i wanted was a forum, like this one we are in, where we could discuss the good of MX without badgering from just senseless haters.

I wasn't going to create my own site or anything just one of these little forum sections ON COLDPLAYING just for the people who want to talk about how much this album is going to blow the others out of the water. Holy cow man. You mods are a little jerky. I love Coldplay not just because of the music but because when you go to a CP show EVERYBODY there is friendly and just warm hearted because Coldplay brings them together in a special way. It just TEARS ME APART to see that people are rudely fighting over Good Coldplay Vs. Bad Coldplay. I just wanted others to be able to be cheery and loving about the new music and not ripping it and tearing what some think is some of their best art they have released. It just disappoints me as a fan...some of these people's comments...they should be ashamed.

Thats not what i was trying to do at all...All i wanted was a forum, like this one we are in, where we could discuss the good of MX without badgering from just senseless haters.

I wasn't going to create my own site or anything just one of these little forum sections ON COLDPLAYING just for the people who want to talk about how much this album is going to blow the others out of the water. Holy cow man. You mods are a little jerky. I love Coldplay not just because of the music but because when you go to a CP show EVERYBODY there is friendly and just warm hearted because Coldplay brings them together in a special way. It just TEARS ME APART to see that people are rudely fighting over Good Coldplay Vs. Bad Coldplay. I just wanted others to be able to be cheery and loving about the new music and not ripping it and tearing what some think is some of their best art they have released. It just disappoints me as a fan...some of these people's comments...they should be ashamed.

So you think everyone who doesn't like the new Coldplay singles should be ashamed?! We are all just here because we are FANS, we have a right to express an opinion in this forum, whether it is positive or negative.

You want to divide the forum into positive and negative? Is that what you're saying? Do you realise how stupid that is? A message board exists to exchange opinions. Exchange of opinions includes a VARIATION of opinions.

I've only seen a few negative opinions that crossed the line, on the other hand I've seen a bazillion comments that call everyone who doesn't like the new songs pretentious asshole, dumb, stupid, suckers and most of all (and most annoyingly) haters. If one takes the criticism of their favourite band to heart so much that one needs to insult the ones that criticise, then one shouldn't be here in the first place, because this anger is neither healthy for oneself nor for the atmosphere of this board.

It could have all been a peaceful discussion if some had not decided to see the criticism as the end of the world.

Besides, expressing a negative opinion doesn't mean that someone hates the band. And you need to consider this: There will always be negative and positive opinons, no matter what Coldplay puts out. The amount of criticism is completly up to WHAT the band puts out though. It is not the "haters" fault that there is so much criticism this time, it is the song's and therefore the band's responsibility.

As much as you want to praise the band for what they've done and want to support them with your compliments, other fans feel utterly disappointed and want to support the band by criticising them and helping them to get better. Hardly anyone here means to do any harm to Coldplay. I consider Coldplay a friend, a musical friend, and this message board is my possibility to tell them when they are (in my opinion) doing wrong. Don't you tell you're friends when they're wrong?

We won't split this board into two, we won't just create a sub-forum for pure praise and compliments as much as we won't create a sub-forum for pure dislike and criticism. All opinions are meant to be mixed together here, like I said, we want an exchange of opinions, not a separation of opinions.

Nobody is going to take your love for the new songs away from you, there are others who like them as much as you do. You can agree with them and tell them how awesome you think the new material is and you can tell anyone that quotes you or talks to you directly and wants to argue with you about the new material that you simply disagree. It can be that easy, if both sides and especially the ones who spread the real hate (meaning the insults) stay civil and accept the difference of opinion.

So you think everyone who doesn't like the new Coldplay singles should be ashamed?! We are all just here because we are FANS, we have a right to express an opinion in this forum, whether it is positive or negative.

You want to divide the forum into positive and negative? Is that what you're saying? Do you realise how stupid that is? A message board exists to exchange opinions. Exchange of opinions includes a VARIATION of opinions.

I've only seen a few negative opinions that crossed the line, on the other hand I've seen a bazillion comments that call everyone who doesn't like the new songs pretentious asshole, dumb, stupid, suckers and most of all (and most annoyingly) haters. If one takes the criticism of their favourite band to heart so much that one needs to insult the ones that criticise, then one shouldn't be here in the first place, because this anger is neither healthy for oneself nor for the atmosphere of this board.

It could have all been a peaceful discussion if some had not decided to see the criticism as the end of the world.

Besides, expressing a negative opinion doesn't mean that someone hates the band. And you need to consider this: There will always be negative and positive opinons, no matter what Coldplay puts out. The amount of criticism is completly up to WHAT the band puts out though. It is not the "haters" fault that there is so much criticism this time, it is the song's and therefore the band's responsibility.

As much as you want to praise the band for what they've done and want to support them with your compliments, other fans feel utterly disappointed and want to support the band by criticising them and helping them to get better. Hardly anyone here means to do any harm to Coldplay. I consider Coldplay a friend, a musical friend, and this message board is my possibility to tell them when they are (in my opinion) doing wrong. Don't you tell you're friends when they're wrong?

We won't split this board into two, we won't just create a sub-forum for pure praise and compliments as much as we won't create a sub-forum for pure dislike and criticism. All opinions are meant to be mixed together here, like I said, we want an exchange of opinions, not a separation of opinions.

Nobody is going to take your love for the new songs away from you, there are others who like them as much as you do. You can agree with them and tell them how awesome you think the new material is and you can tell anyone that quotes you or talks to you directly and wants to argue with you about the new material that you simply disagree. It can be that easy, if both sides and especially the ones who spread the real hate (meaning the insults) stay civil and accept the difference of opinion.

Marry me :lips:

That was very well put Imke :kiss:

Imke <3

Haha no reporting, but it´s not the topic of this thread, so you might not find much to your liking here :)
How is what she said not fitting in this thread?

TS (topic starter) says he likes the new direction Coldplay has taken, she says she doesn't. Seems perfectly fine to me.

Can we all stop going off-topic and get back to the MX love? Honestly, I didn't make this thread for people to discuss the exact definition of a hater. If there's anyone here that does not like MX or the direction that MX is taking, that's OK, but this thread is not the place to state your opinions. If you want to create an Anti-MX thread, go right ahead, but this is an MX-love thread. This thread is specifically for the purpose of saying what you like about MX, not what you don't like.

Thank you.

Imke <3

How is what she said not fitting in this thread?

TS (topic starter) says he likes the new direction Coldplay has taken, she says she doesn't. Seems perfectly fine to me.

I was referring to the topic title: MX Compliments :) Whether it is ok to make a thread only for positive reviews of MX is not for me to say (personally I don´t care either way), but the way this thread has been set up, anything other than compliments seems off-topic.

this thread is not the place to state your opinions.
Sorry, but I think that even though you are the one that started the thread, this doesn't mean that you can tell people not to express their opinion.

Oi, I'm off-topic again! :whip:

Can we all stop going off-topic and get back to the MX love? Honestly, I didn't make this thread for people to discuss the exact definition of a hater. If there's anyone here that does not like MX or the direction that MX is taking, that's OK, but this thread is not the place to state your opinions. If you want to create an Anti-MX thread, go right ahead, but this is an MX-love thread. This thread is specifically for the purpose of saying what you like about MX, not what you don't like.

Thank you.

Oh right, we're openly violating the zone of no-MX-hate that you have set up.

But if you look at this sub-forum you will find a few threads that are just like yours. Why couldn't you just post there?

I would merge all of these threads, but the server is already working hard and I don't want to put more strain on it (which is exactly what most of you do by creating multiple threads for one and the same topic).

Oh right, we're openly violating the zone of no-MX-hate that you have set up.

But if you look at this sub-forum you will find a few threads that are just like yours. Why couldn't you just post there?

I would merge all of these threads, but the server is already working hard and I don't want to put more strain on it (which is exactly what most of you do by creating multiple threads for one and the same topic).

Yes, I see your point but this thread is specifically for compliments. This isn't just for "Well I like the album", this thread is for "I like the new album's direction, and I think that such and such a song will be amazing," etc.

And yes. You are openly violating the no-hate zone. I am asking you politely and with civility to please cut it out.

I can feel the love. So glad I came here. :P

Plenty of MX love :heart: to go around :nice:

Yes, I see your point but this thread is specifically for compliments. This isn't just for "Well I like the album", this thread is for "I like the new album's direction, and I think that such and such a song will be amazing," etc.

And yes. You are openly violating the no-hate zone. I am asking you politely and with civility to please cut it out.

Haha, so we need a thread for the various levels of like? Like one for "I like the album" and then one for "I love the album".

Sorry, but you could have easily posted this in an existing thread.

I'm not violating any zone. You are not in charge of the rules of this board. You cannot report people for simply voicing their opinion and you definitely cannot create "zones".

You cannot invite or uninvite people either, everyone has the right to post everywhere they want.

This is my last post in this thread, but I'm just warning you, that this thread will probably be merged at some point so that this subforum doesn't look quite as messy. Like I said, you could've easily posted this in other existing threads.

Ok, I've heard your opinion too many times for my liking. Please, just leave my thread alone alright? I created this thread, and I created it for the reason of sharing the MX love without having to worry about whether or not the next post will be a hate post. That, and I want this to be a tensionless thread, and you are just creating unnecessary tension.

And please, if you're going to post in here again, don't put "Oh, I'm creating tension am I?" or anything else similar.

And I don't invite or uninvite people. I'm inviting everyone to state their nice comments and compliments on MX.

Haha, so we need a thread for the various levels of like? Like one for "I like the album" and then one for "I love the album".

Sorry, but you could have easily posted this in an existing thread.

I'm not violating any zone. You are not in charge of the rules of this board. You cannot report people for simply voicing their opinion and you definitely cannot create "zones".

You cannot invite or uninvite people either, everyone has the right to post everywhere they want.

This is my last post in this thread, but I'm just warning you, that this thread will probably be merged at some point so that this subforum doesn't look quite as messy. Like I said, you could've easily posted this in other existing threads.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand how the TS doesn't have a right to make this thread, yet the 500 threads about how horrible the new material is have not been threatened to be merged? It seems your opinion on MX is getting getting in the way of your duties as a mod. I see about three MX love threads at the most on the front page, I can't even count how many negative ones I've seen pop up. He has not forbid anyone from entering this thread, just so long as they have something nice to say, that's the topic of his thread. If they haven't a nice thing to say, why post at all? Why have you posted at all? Just to show your dislike of threads like these? I just don't understand, maybe you won't answer me, but perhaps someone with far superior intellect then myself can explain this.

OT, I love the new material, especially charlie brown! I don't think it will be my favorite album, (VIVA) but probably top 3.. guess I have to hear the whole thing before I make my final judgement.. Great thread:)

Edit: P.S I do think the TS went a little too far saying he would report someone for hating, it is a forum, you can't punish someone for expressing themselves, I'd say just ignore whoever does hate here, since it's not on topic anyway, they'll go away ;)