✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why do we hate "parapara" and "wawawa" but not "slowowowow"?

MosesTheMarshmallow

This. It's starting to get annoying.

The point is, paraparaparadise and wawawaterfall lack serious inspiration, actually make up substantial parts of the chorus (if not the whole chorus), and sound annoying as fuck. Up In Flames just hurts my ears because of the falsetto and because it's the actual chorus.

Whereas I-i-i-i-i-i-i, youuuuu aaaaaare and slooooooow it down are just part of the lyrics, don't sound annoying at all, and whisper whisper has a mysterious feel. Everything's not lost has something epic, something hypnotising.

Sometimes repetitiveness is annoying, sometimes it sounds great, just not in every context. That's my point of view.

Actually, isn't "Youuuuu aaaare" the chorus for Clocks? Just saying. Everything's not Lost is decent, and I enjoy it sometimes, but the "Come on yeah..." part is quite repetitive. I don't understand why so many people absolutely swear by that song here. I'll listen to the studio version, but the live version is just too much.

There are so many songs that have just as few lyrics Paradise.

Such a Rush

Bigger Stronger

See You Soon

We Never Change

In My Place...and those are only the ones I can think of off the top of my head. And as far as repetitive lyrics, Clocks, A Whisper, Everything's Not Lost, and Fix You were already mentioned...also Daylight, Bigger Stronger, Warning Sign, Careful Where You Stand...the point is, as much as everyone wants to think the music has changed so much since the early days, the new songs are very much the same band, just with a poppy beat and more synths, and that's only on a few of them.

Music is entirely a matter of taste, and one of the few areas where you can be almost entirely subjective, so I don't see what the point is of all this arguing and bashing that's been going on here.

I really like the new Coldplay, and October 24th needs to hurry up and get here already! :D

There are so many songs that have just as few lyrics Paradise.

Such a Rush

Bigger Stronger

See You Soon

We Never Change

In My Place...and those are only the ones I can think of off the top of my head. And as far as repetitive lyrics, Clocks, A Whisper, Everything's Not Lost, and Fix You were already mentioned...also Daylight, Bigger Stronger, Warning Sign, Careful Where You Stand...the point is, as much as everyone wants to think the music has changed so much since the early days, the new songs are very much the same band, just with a poppy beat and more synths, and that's only on a few of them.

Music is entirely a matter of taste, and one of the few areas where you can be almost entirely subjective, so I don't see what the point is of all this arguing and bashing that's been going on here.

I really like the new Coldplay, and October 24th needs to hurry up and get here already! :D

WOW (Words Of Wisdom)

Actually, isn't "Youuuuu aaaare" the chorus for Clocks? Just saying. Everything's not Lost is decent, and I enjoy it sometimes, but the "Come on yeah..." part is quite repetitive. I don't understand why so many people absolutely swear by that song here. I'll listen to the studio version, but the live version is just too much.

Yeah, well for some reason I can't explain "Yoouuuuuu aaaaaare" sounds great to me (plus there's the awesome instrumental that makes up most of the chorus) and Everything's Not Lost is heavenly and puts me in a trance-like state.

There's no rule that says I should either love or hate all "repetitiveness".

Para-para-paradise cuts the word in pieces and emphasises it, which I don't like. It's not stuttering, for the record.

Yooouuu aaaare is fluent. I don't know, I just love that. Sorry. It can't be compared.