✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay call Rihanna collaboration their 'Favourite Bit' on Mylo Xyloto

busybeeburns

From what I hear in early reviews/discussions about the song, it sounds like Rihanna's part is very understated, tasteful, and done well. Handled delicately. I've doubted Coldplay in the past with some crazy stuff they've put out, and they always exceed my expectations. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time around.

I just hope she's not the main focal point of the song, you know?

When I first heard the news, I was like "RiRi you dumb bitch! GTFO my Coldplay album!"

But now I'm indifferent. I'll judge when I hear it.

From what I hear in early reviews/discussions about the song, it sounds like Rihanna's part is very understated, tasteful, and done well. Handled delicately. I've doubted Coldplay in the past with some crazy stuff they've put out, and they always exceed my expectations. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time around.

I just hope she's not the main focal point of the song, you know?

When I first heard the news, I was like "RiRi you dumb bitch! GTFO my Coldplay album!"

But now I'm indifferent. I'll judge when I hear it.

Mylo Xyloto is their fifth studio album and features a collaboration with US star Rihanna entitled Princess of China. It's previously been reported that the record is based on a love story which has a happy ending. Will confirmed there is a definite theme to the album with a structure to the tracks. "Every record is a concept album in some way in that people don't just write songs and throw them on in a random order," he said. "Everyone that I know who has released records thinks very carefully about what the first track is. That's crucial. "If you've got a range of dynamics in your songs you want them to come in the right order. It would be pointless to put 6 massive songs followed by 3 really small songs."

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88681

Rihanna is not an artist - she represents everything wrong with the music industry. It's because of the thinking behind manufactored pop like her little bands don't get a chance to grow and get ditched if they don't sell x amount.

Frankly, the song's already been written for her, and she's merely a session musician on PoC. She's not intended to bring something artistic to it.

But if you really want to talk about what's wrong in music, X Factor's a better place to start. At least Rihanna didn't skip a queue to get where she is.

EDIT: Also as a point, it will open the doors for Rihanna fans to check out bands like Coldplay if they like it? I don't like Rihanna all that much, but if I was working with Coldplay, I'd want their fans not to judge the song before it's been heard...

Frankly, the song's already been written for her, and she's merely a session musician on PoC. She's not intended to bring something artistic to it.

But if you really want to talk about what's wrong in music, X Factor's a better place to start. At least Rihanna didn't skip a queue to get where she is.

EDIT: Also as a point, it will open the doors for Rihanna fans to check out bands like Coldplay if they like it? I don't like Rihanna all that much, but if I was working with Coldplay, I'd want their fans not to judge the song before it's been heard...

Saying Rihanna is a step up than X Factor isn't saying much. Though at least many of those people don't need a machine to help them sing.

Saying Rihanna is a step up than X Factor isn't saying much. Though at least many of those people don't need a machine to help them sing.

Actually, it's saying a lot, at least Rihanna had some control in the direction of each of her albums. And most artists tune their vocals, even Coldplay, but Rihanna is someone who doesn't heap tons of autotune onto her voice. As I said, I don't like Rihanna (but that Only Girl In The World song is pretty good) but it could've been worse. They could've picked Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, JLS, The Wanted or The Saturdays to work with.

This will almost certainly be a single and i'll tell you why.

because everything Rhianna releases goes directly to #1 on almost every billboard and chart in the world, and not only that but it stays there for weeks.

If both coldplays and rhianna's audience bought this as a released single, it would give the lads their second number 1 and make EMI a LOT of money.

because everything Rhianna releases goes directly to #1 on almost every billboard and chart in the world, and not only that but it stays there for weeks.

Aha so Coldplay used her to make a great change to be on number 1 for weeks.

Now we know why they chosen her.

I don't think the problem is the 'blending of genre' that they've been fooling around with. I think it's the quality of the collaborative choices they make. Rihanna? Why not Santogold? I think that would've been awesome. Just my opninion though...I don't get the Jay-Z thing either. I'll reserve judgement until after I've heard it.

Has anyone actually heard rihanna sing the song yet? or do they spew prejudiced its gonna be crap crap?

rihanna has a perfectly capable voice, its her music thats not very vocally challenging. but shes shown she can sing well. why anyone would suggest nicole scherzinger is beyond me though.

Has anyone actually heard rihanna sing the song yet? or do they spew prejudiced its gonna be crap crap?

rihanna has a perfectly capable voice, its her music thats not very vocally challenging. but shes shown she can sing well. why anyone would suggest nicole scherzinger is beyond me though.

+1

I think people need to get over this. They chose Rihanna. End of.

Actually, it's saying a lot, at least Rihanna had some control in the direction of each of her albums. And most artists tune their vocals, even Coldplay, but Rihanna is someone who doesn't heap tons of autotune onto her voice. As I said, I don't like Rihanna (but that Only Girl In The World song is pretty good) but it could've been worse. They could've picked Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, JLS, The Wanted or The Saturdays to work with.

Yeh I'm sure Rihanna is in total 'control' of her next publicity stunt/video......

As for picking someone worst maybe they could have not picked a manufactured pop puppet full stop?