✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

So Does Anyone Want an Albums of the Year Poll This Year?

Space Cadet

Because I'm totally up for it again if enough of you are.

I know I haven't been around here pretty much at all lately (life changing at warp speed blah blah...) so I'm not sure what sort of mood or whatever the board has been in or what you've already been up to, but it is sort of a tradition and a fun one I think.

For the new around here, every year we make a ranked list of our favorite albums that came out in the past year. In Decemberish I combine the rankings and come up with a board-wide countdown of our top albums. It's a great way to discover new music.

:hat2:

So who's in? Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

:dance:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. The winner will end up being either Mylo Xyloto because CPing or some britpop bs that you all seem to love so much. :p

no seriously go ahead, 2011 is such a boss year. :dazzled:

:lol:

I agree with your spoiler. :nod:

I already know Radiohead will win (excluding MX), I just wanna know by how much.

LOLno.

I love how people are saying stuff like that ^ when the album isn't even out and they've only heard legit studio versions of all of three songs, which isn't even 1/4 of the album content.

:|

I said that since I think it will be difficult to ask people here not to be biased. Like someone said, it's coldplaying.com and the normal thing would be that Mylo Xyloto takes the first place (even though it won't be necessarily the best album of 2011).

My favorite picks for this year until now are the following:

Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver

R.E.M. - Collapse Into Now

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

Foster the People - Torches

Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys!

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Still listening to the new material from RCHP and Blink 182 though...

I guess that apart from MX, one album that I am REALLY looking forward to hear is the new one from Florence + The Machine.

I don't think a whole lot of people who worship Coldplay tend to visit this section and vote in these kinds of things, so I don't really see MX winning.

Just as long as Ian doesn't tweet about the poll, which would sabotage our efforts by drawing the attention of everyone else (still love ya, Ian :P). Like how our ETIAW-bashing threads didn't actually draw out Coldplay section regulars until it was tweeted about.