✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay GLEE episode next week?

mrman78

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm never seen "Glee" but this is a nice performance. And I think an artist would feel a sense of pride when their songs are covered.

The thing about Glee is the success has gone to their head. Just search up keyword "Dave Grohl and Glee" and do some reading to figure out what I mean. The gist of it is that Grohl (of Foo Fighters) was defending an artists right to say no to Glee. This coming from the Glee producers or something who badmouthed Kings of Leon and Foo Fighters as a result for saying telling them they can't use their songs. I mean, when did it happen that Glee was the word of god and artists had to do whatever Glee wanted? I'm not trying to sway anyone from watching Glee, I could care less, but if that story is true (and it most certainly is) then it's just making Glee look like a bunch of self-righteous knobs.

For the record, not a bad cover, but still not gonna be a gleek.

I'm sorry but it's wrong for all the reasons been laid out already. It is selling the song, whether it's with money, attention or audience.

What about the whole image that Glee has? Everyone in the music industry sees them as filthy parasites so what does it say about Coldplay for giving them their work? It's not good publicity at all.

some interesting reactions on Twitter!!

guirotic gui.

Coldplay in Glee, never thought I would see that.

AndieMorgan Andie Morgan

Sorry @Matt_Morrison @Glee but your attempt at ColdPlay was a major fail.

kirstenjjensen kirstenjade

Glee has ruined coldplay for me forever

grrlgenius grrlgenius

OMG Matthew Morrison singing Fix Me by @coldplay on Glee. He is no Chris Martin.

tuckys Tucky

#GLEE a Schu song. And it's coldplay. It's 100%. I'm disappointed in this season of #GLEE

Jaydeeds B-B-Bennie+theJets♡

Oh no. Mr schu. Please, u r NOT doing coldplay Right now. U sound like a wheezing cat being molested

kimlovesba Domino Thomas

listening to Matthew Morrison signing...no wait murdering... one of my favourite Coldplay tracks, Fix You. oh please Mr Schu stop !!!

Remember when the people from Glee was moaning about not being able to use a Coldplay song...hmmm..how did that work out??? :smug::lol:

edit: Around 2.03, that smug Matthew Morrison!!

Well, since then, Gwyneth got to guest star on Glee and even won an emmy for it. She and Matthew became friends. I'm sure that has contributed to Coldplay relaxing their rules a bit. Also like it or not the show has become a hit since then (I don't watch it).

some interesting reactions on Twitter!!

Jaydeeds B-B-Bennie+theJets♡

Oh no. Mr schu. Please, u r NOT doing coldplay Right now. U sound like a wheezing cat being molested

:laugh3: Snort. Yeah it's pretty much crap.

I do sometimes watch Glee, and I think Mr. Schu is one of the most annoying characters in it. Ew, I think I'll skip this episode... Thom Yorke was right. Now every time I hear Fix You, I have Mathew Morrison's giant head floating in my mind. :sick: