✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay GLEE episode next week?

mrman78

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never, ever understood this line of thinking. It's this ridiculous "out-of-sight-out-of-mind" way of thinking. I'm sorry, but I don't view anything in life like that. It deeply saddens me to learn that a song that means so much for many people is going to be trashed on Glee. Yes, the performances will be great I'm sure, yes it will be high production, but it's going to lessen the amount of force that song has for so many people.

It's far deeper than that. It's about the rhetoric behind it and the concept of selling music to a television show.

Yeah, I'm sorry. I might have not been clear with this. I meant that for me it works like that, I didn't mean that for others it would work like that.

As I said in my comment, it works for me to just not watch Glee and so I don't get a lesser/disturbed feeling for Fix You. :S It might be selfish, but yeah, yeah I guess it is. :sneaky:

I think we should stop complaining and just be thankful they're not covering Trouble or The Scientist instead.

If Glee covered Amsterdam I would consider putting a bullet through my head.

But that cover would not make any sense, so it's okay :P

Guest howyousawtheworld
Aw, so true Thom.

And barf to Fix You being on Glee... One of the reasons I loved coldplay so much was because they were against selling their music...

sighh.

Having a tv show cover your song is not selling your music. Agree with Thom Yorke (one of the few things he said without shit coming out of his mouth) but so many acts have been covered by Glee that it is relatively inoffensive now. Heck they even covered U2's One but that is purely U2's baby still. But that's the power of one of the greatest songs ever written.

One>>>>>>Fix You

Having a tv show cover your song is not selling your music.

What don't you understand about song licensing fees? Glee has a budget for every episode and significant portion of that budget is used to buy the rights to songs. The musician/band has the right of refusal to sell the rights to a song, a stance Coldplay had actually taken earlier...

Having a tv show cover your song is not selling your music. Agree with Thom Yorke (one of the few things he said without shit coming out of his mouth) but so many acts have been covered by Glee that it is relatively inoffensive now. Heck they even covered U2's One but that is purely U2's baby still. But that's the power of one of the greatest songs ever written.

One>>>>>>Fix You

Well, it's not as bad as having it on a car commercial, but I do think Coldplay will be profiting from it..They must be. It is their song.

And, in my opinion, Fix You > One.

And Fix You is one of my all time favourite songs with a lot of memories attached to it, so to be honest, if Glee did VLV, I really wouldn't have given a shit.

Meh, I really couldn't care less about this. Matthew Morrison did a decent job with the song, and Fix You is nowhere near being any of my favorite songs to begin with so I'm ok with that. Plus, I know it's not a cover of the song, but for instance coldplay songs get played on greys anatomy ALL the time, so this pretty much plays around the same field for me.... Nothing new here :tongue:

i don't like or hate glee or whatever so I was quite open about it, but I think it's kind of boring. He did it ok I guess? although I don't like it when he sings high at the start. While the original is just amazing to me (I think it's the song that got me into Coldplay?)

I guess it's a combination of Chris' voice and different instrumentation that makes it better than this and I think coldplay plays it a bit more raw.

I kind of like that they are using a Coldplay song because I love when their music pops up unexpectedly, and it shows how far reaching their music is. However, I am not a fan of how the song sounds in this show. I liked the tv show the first season, but I've sort of lost interest in it. I will watch this episode to see how the whole song turns out...but it doesn't look promising. Except maybe the part where they seem to all be singing it together on stage...that might give me goosebumps.