✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[17-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Ellen DeGeneres Show, Burbank, California, USA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, Dianne, and her husband just got out of the taping and I can't even explain how amazing it was! We got into the rift raft room at 3:30 and we watched the show as it was being filmed (Justin Timberlake was a guest) at about 4:10 they lined us up and we went into the studio. Okay, I kid you not... There were only 65 of us and we were put directly in front of the stage. We ended up being in the front row right in front of Guy, the boys were just 2 feet away, we were so close that We could touch the stage and i almost touched Chris's hand. When we got out there, the boys were already on the stage and Chris was kneeling down and talking to some fans, which was so cool. They played 5 songs: viva, paradise, clocks, fix you, and every teardrop. They also did a really funny promo afterwards for the show with Ellen and Justin Timberlake. No cameras were allowed so I don't have any pictures to share. Although it was nice because I could really give my full attention instead of taking time to take a bunch of pictures.It was such a surreal experience to be that close to them and it awesome to be able to hear every note each of the boys played. I will never forget this experience and I cannot thank Dianne enough for taking me!

Me, Dianne, and her husband just got out of the taping and I can't even explain how amazing it was! We got into the rift raft room at 3:30 and we watched the show as it was being filmed (Justin Timberlake was a guest) at about 4:10 they lined us up and we went into the studio. Okay, I kid you not... There were only 65 of us and we were put directly in front of the stage. We ended up being in the front row right on front of Guy, the boys were just 3 feet away, we were so close that I almost touched Chris's hand. When we got out there, the boys were already on the stage and Chris was kneeling down and talking to some fans, which was so cool. They played 5 songs: viva, paradise, clocks, fix you, and every teardrop. They also did a really funny promo afterwards for the show with Ellen and Justin Timberlake. It was a surreal experience to be that close to them and it awesome to be able to hear every note each of the boys played. I will never forget this experience and I cannot thank Dianne enough for taking me!

AWESOME!!!!

Wow. Just wow. The Ellen show was just surreal. We got there early and were led to the Riff Raff room (which is where the overflow people wait - her show is always overbooked) We watched her show on monitors in the room and Justin Timberlake was her guest. That was funny. Then she brought out Chris and Jonny to interview because Chris said "Will and Guy were too shy." Good interview, the usual questions we have heard before. She asked about Gwyneth and he answered them the way he usually does. There were 65 of us for the Coldplay portion of the show, so they had us come out during one of the commercial breaks. The boys were already on the stage, waiting. I marched myself right to the front of Guy. They had a center ramp set up. Oh my god. So close. The stage was elevated about 3 feet, and i could have reached out and touched Guy. No security getting in our way. They played Viva, Paradise, Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW. Just unbelievable. We could hear their instruments without any amplification. Jonny was all smiley, Guy was his cool self. Will worked his drums and Chris was Chris. It was funny when the makeup lady came out to touch up Chris with a little face powder because he was sweaty. He did his dancey stuff, and was all over the ramp. Before ETIAW, the roadies came and took Chris's piano which was cool to watch, I had to squeeze back so they could get it between me and the stage. They did a funny promo bit at the end with Justin, Ellen and Coldplay and Chris kept laughing. I don't know how KROQ tomorrow top this, it was just that amazing. No cameras allowed in the studio but it will be on Ellen's website in a week or two. So so much fun an far exceeded my expectations, because I didn't really even know what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Just wow. The Ellen show was just surreal. We got there early and were led to the Riff Raff room (which is where the overflow people wait - her show is always overbooked) We watched her show on monitors in the room and Justin Timberlake was her guest. That was funny. Then she brought out Chris and Jonny to interview because Chris said "Will and Guy were too shy." Good interview, the usual questions we have heard before. She asked about Gwyneth and he answered them the way he usually does. There were 65 of us for the Coldplay portion of the show, so they had us come out during one of the commercial breaks. The boys were already on the stage, waiting. I matched myself right to the front of Guy. They had a center ramp set up. Oh my god. So close. The stage was elevated about 3 feet, and i could have reached out and touched Guy. No security getting in our way. They played Viva, Paradise, Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW. Just unbelievable. We could hear their instruments without any amplification. Jonny was all smiley, Guy was his cool self. Will worked his drums and Chris was Chris. It was funny when the makeup lady came out to touch up Chris with a little face powder because he was sweaty. He did his dancey stuff, and was all over the ramp. Before ETIAW, the roadies came and took Chris's piano which was cool to watch, I had to squeeze back so they could get it between me and the stage. They did a funny promo bit at the end with Justin, Ellen and Coldplay and Chris kept laughing. I don't know how KROQ tomorrow top this, it was just that amazing. No cameras allowed in the studio but it will be on Ellen's website in a week or two. So so much fun an far exceeded my expectations, because I didn't really even know what to expect.

:dance:

Awesome too!

Excited to see the interview!

Awesome

Wow. Just wow. The Ellen show was just surreal. We got there early and were led to the Riff Raff room (which is where the overflow people wait - her show is always overbooked) We watched her show on monitors in the room and Justin Timberlake was her guest. That was funny. Then she brought out Chris and Jonny to interview because Chris said "Will and Guy were too shy." Good interview, the usual questions we have heard before. She asked about Gwyneth and he answered them the way he usually does. There were 65 of us for the Coldplay portion of the show, so they had us come out during one of the commercial breaks. The boys were already on the stage, waiting. I marched myself right to the front of Guy. They had a center ramp set up. Oh my god. So close. The stage was elevated about 3 feet, and i could have reached out and touched Guy. No security getting in our way. They played Viva, Paradise, Clocks, Fix You and ETIAW. Just unbelievable. We could hear their instruments without any amplification. Jonny was all smiley, Guy was his cool self. Will worked his drums and Chris was Chris. It was funny when the makeup lady came out to touch up Chris with a little face powder because he was sweaty. He did his dancey stuff, and was all over the ramp. Before ETIAW, the roadies came and took Chris's piano which was cool to watch, I had to squeeze back so they could get it between me and the stage. They did a funny promo bit at the end with Justin, Ellen and Coldplay and Chris kept laughing. I don't know how KROQ tomorrow top this, it was just that amazing. No cameras allowed in the studio but it will be on Ellen's website in a week or two. So so much fun an far exceeded my expectations, because I didn't really even know what to expect.

Awesome, Dianne, just awesome!

We both forgot to mention, that when Chris and Jonny came out to talk to Ellen before they performed, Chris brought her one of the elephant heads. She didn't quite know what to make of that. It was rather funny.

Dianne, Lauren and Mitch...... So damn happy for you!!!!

I'm a little late to the game here but this is my first chance getting to read the reviews from your marvelous adventures! I'm so happy the three of you (and about 63 others) saw the guys perform more than two songs -- it's just too bad I couldn't get a visual feed via your eyeballs since your placements sounds absolutely primo. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid the review & pics from the Red Bull/KROQ breakfast of champions, or rather Dianne's breakfast with Mr. Champion will have to wait until tomorrow. I know your pictures are going to be amazing, the stories full of detail; but I also know at some point a loud "squeee" will escape and the restless natives will pounce into action!

Looking forward to seeing y'all on TV the 27th!

I'm a little late to the game here but this is my first chance getting to read the reviews from your marvelous adventures! I'm so happy the three of you (and about 63 others) saw the guys perform more than two songs -- it's just too bad I couldn't get a visual feed via your eyeballs since your placements sounds absolutely primo. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid the review & pics from the Red Bull/KROQ breakfast of champions, or rather Dianne's breakfast with Mr. Champion will have to wait until tomorrow. I know your pictures are going to be amazing, the stories full of detail; but I also know at some point a loud "squeee" will escape and the restless natives will pounce into action!

Looking forward to seeing y'all on TV the 27th!

Hi Amanda!

Oh, it was incredible. I thought Ellen couldn't be topped, but KROQ did! My story is on the KROQ live thread, of course, and some of the (bad) pictures that I took. But they had a photographer there, so I will use his pictures :) Way better than anything I could have taken and he had the same view I had. And, as you can see by my new avi, I got to meet somebody! :drummer::dance: