✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on the Colbert Report Oct 19

LVI56

Hmmm...they could have just done a last-minute schedule change. I mean, Coldplay WAS in Cupertino today, so they'd have to fly across the whole country after mid-day on a 5-hour flight for the taping of a show that's taped a few hours before it actually airs.

Hmmm not sure, but maybe they pre taped their bit already:\ They advertised it alot this week and it said 10/19:\ either way, if it's not tonight, I'll set it again tomorrow:)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was odd they were at the Apple event this morning then have to make it to NY for Colbert. Makes sense they would move it to tomorrow.

Edit: After some brief googling, many sites show their appearance as Oct 20. So I guess they did postpone.

Wait, so it's changed to tomorrow?

I know a few people that were going today specifically to see Coldplay...if there was a last-minute schedule change I think there will be hell to pay from a few Coldplayers :blank:. I don't think they would have taped today to air tomorrow.

If it really didn't tape today, I might go tomorrow to see if I can get standby and then just stay in the city until the Today Show, maybe get a last minute hotel. Anyone have any updates on this?

Well, I just started watching the Colbert Report (wait, why am I still up? I have school tomorrow :wreck:), and nothing about Coldplay - just a guy talking about his new book, or something.

Well, at least Friday afternoon is slightly more convenient than Thursday (hooray, reruns!)

It was absolutely a schedule change. Too bad. Stayed up specifically for this! Let's hope its great tomorrow!

The shows are pre-taped but the same day. Roadie said they were going back to east coast (for sure tonight or tomorrow).

Go to sleep everyone!

I thought they were going to be on tonight. :( I tuned in and was disappointed when they didn't come on. I had the same problem As one of the people above. The guide on my cable said it was tonight & then they aired that other episode. :(

From the ColbertNation website:

Coldplay to Play Colbert!

In what is sure to be one of the greatest meetings in the history of people with "Col-" names, it has just been announced that multiple Grammy winners Coldplay will appear on this Thursday's Colbert Report where they will perform a song from their upcoming album Mylo Xyloto on TV for the first time. A second performance will be available the following day exclusively on ColbertNation.com.

This is all clearly the culmination of Stephen and Coldplay praying for each other over the past three years. (Warning, the audio in this clip plays at the speed of sound)

Watching on the west coast now. Heard they played Paradise and Up In Flames

Colbert: "My guest Coldplay has a new album out, it's called Mylo Xyloto, and if you say it backwards they return to their home dimension."

The interview with Chris was hilarious..

Colbert: "Sir, Can I get mad at you for a second?"

Chris: "please, go ahead"

Colbert: "You're not an American are you?"

Chris: "No sir"

Colbert: "You're not an American, you come to our country, and you took our Gwyneth"

Chris: "I did"

Colbert: "Who's going to be the global band of the future, you or U2?"

Chris (with a serious look): "The Jonas Brothers"

Colbert: "the album is called Mylo Xyloto, where did you get that name?"

Chris: "From the randomness of the universe"

Colbert: "Chris..Chris, Chris, are you high?"

Chris: "I'm 17% high"

Colbert: "Wow, you got good control"

Colbert: "Are you guys gonna do a song for us?"

Chris: "meh"

Colbert: "You don't have to, I'm not gonna twist your arm"

Chris: "Ok we won't"

Audience: "aww..."

Colbert: "no no no, he blew it... no I'm not gonna beg... please, please do a song?"

Chris: "May I ask what your Grammy was for?"

Colbert: "My Grammy? It was for best uhh.. Christmas album"

Chris: "oh"

Colbert: "Are you working on a Christmas album?"

Chris: "Yes, but it won't be as good as yours"

Colbert: "no?"

Chris: "It will be much better"

Colbert: "well..well.. f*** you"