✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART II)

bearcat1229

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X&Y was so bad, imo.

I hate Fix You with a burning passion.

X&Y had some great moments...A Message, Til Kingdom Come. And Square One live brings back some great memories. But I think MX will have more amazing moments overall. And I can't WAIT to hear these new songs live (in person)!

EDIT: Of course AROBTTH was one amazing moment from start to finish, imo. :D

X&Y is so great. It's the Coldplay album I've listened to the most.

Exactly.

I have been on these boards since May 2009 and I still don't understand why X&Y is the least-liked album. I do agree that some songs should not have made the cut (The Hardest Part), but is undoubtedly the album that made Coldplay a band like none other.

Some can argue A Rush of Blood did that, but I've come to discover that pushed them past their putting their feet in water that Parachutes did. A Rush of Blood put them in the world as a band that can forever be recognized.

I may be made to eat my word if in 1,000 listens I boast about how 'Princess of China' gets me through a divorce, but upon first listen there.... 'Meh'.

So far on an album side of things, I'd rate MX higher than X&Y, possibly a smidge better than VLV though it might be too soon to say that without the whole album.

I love the direction that they're going in.

Exactly.

I have been on these boards since May 2009 and I still don't understand why X&Y is the least-liked album. I do agree that some songs should not have made the cut (The Hardest Part), but is undoubtedly the album that made Coldplay a band like none other.

Some can argue A Rush of Blood did that, but I've come to discover that pushed them past their putting their feet in water that Parachutes did. A Rush of Blood put them in the world as a band that can forever be recognized.

I think you're right about AROBTTH even though it's my favorite. But even the band admit they were surrounded with so many people trying to shape them that it's not their best album. I love it, it's just not 'their own' like the others.

And I LOVE THP,lol. To each their own. :)