✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How does the album work as a concept record?

I loved Death and All his friends, and The Escapist and they actualy may be my favourite off VLV, and they sort of dealt with what we know is the concept of this record, two people, in love, who are trying to escape a currupt society.

How well does the concept work on MX? Is it a concept album completely, or are thier some songs that dont fit into the theme?

It would have been perfect had they got rid of MMIX and AHT (not as strong as MX) and with that extra time of about 1 mins and 20 seconds....included MTM

The total album length would probably be 2 minutes more, but that would be perfect.

In fact, I will probably do that.

It would have been perfect had they got rid of MMIX and AHT (not as strong as MX) and with that extra time of about 1 mins and 20 seconds....included MTM

The total album length would probably be 2 minutes more, but that would be perfect.

In fact, I will probably do that.

Couldn't disagree more. The reason Moving To Mars was scrapped it because it didn't fit. It was the unhappy ending.

MMIX allows the transition from Us Against the World to Every Teardrop as a Waterfall seem seamless. If you took it out it would be way too harsh and jarring.

AHT is amazing. It marks the point the couple come together again (or perhaps accept the fact they aren't together and move on). After Up in Flames and Princess of China, it is pretty clear there is sadness and conflict. AHT beams off after Up in Flames like a flash of hope in the dark. Up in Flames ends very sadly, but with a hope of resolution. "could we pour some water on?" meaning - can we try to fix this. AHT symbolizes the process of coming back together again in the name of hope and optimism.

That's why it's called "A Hopeful Transmission". It allows the record to make a turn in the narrative.

They rally under it and then it ends with Don't let it break your heart and UWTB to finish the happy ending off.

Good things are coming their way.

listen to this! :D I got it on the very first listen!

It starts with MX, kind of an intro, you know how in films theres an instrumental with intro credits? well like that. Then it jumps into HLH, i could Just imagine the male character (I call him Mylo) he's just happy and he runs around he's a normal happy urban boy I picture him runing around in a red flash hoodie making graffitis and having fun evading the law.

then it kinda just segways into Paradise where this sad urban (hipster) girl (Xyloto) is trying to dream of a perfect world in between the big buildings and i just see her go with a group of people.

After it just switchs to Mylo who joins a group of "graffiti" friends (i imagine them as the car kids or the lost boys) and then at the end of this song is where he meets Xyloto (I picture the calm piano outro of CB as where he sees Xyloto for the first time and its just the sound of love at first sight)

and it just kinda moves into this romantic ballad (UATW) where they can't imagine their life without each other and they just feel perfect in each other's arms (Tht is like the smooth romantic guitar riff)

And after UATW they just kinda walk into the sunrise (M.M.I.X.) and start breaking free from this "oppressive urban environment" (ETIAW)

but they get caught by big brother, the authority and they get separated from each other (Major Minus). they way i picture it, Mylo got chased from the city and under the pressure of hiding from big brother he cracks and has a fight with Xyloto (MM solo) and he just runs away (MM outro)....

then he's walking on a big long road, on an empty field and he realizes what he's done (U.F.O.) so he runs back to the city to meet Xyloto once again (U.F.O outro , segway into PoC)

Then he meets Xyloto again and they solve their problems in an argument, they both say their side of the story (PoC).

So after they solve their problems, they just go watch the sunset together and realize their problems are over and they can finally live happilly ever after (UiF)

and it just kinda moves into a build up (AHT) wich brings into this last scene where they run in a renewed city, full of colours, ridden of big brother and every one is just rising again and happy (DLIBYH) and they march again into the sunset on a last happy note (UWTB)...

that's what I got from the first listen.... It almost made me cry when I finished the album... it's just brilliant!

I haven't had much time to explore the narrative aspects of the lyrics, but I think just as far as the songs are concerned, they sound great together. You can tell that they agonized over the track list, and it seems to have a distinct beginning, middle and end.

I haven't had much time to explore the narrative aspects of the lyrics, but I think just as far as the songs are concerned, they sound great together. You can tell that they agonized over the track list, and it seems to have a distinct beginning, middle and end.

^This :nod:

listen to this! :D I got it on the very first listen!

It starts with MX, kind of an intro, you know how in films theres an instrumental with intro credits? well like that. Then it jumps into HLH, i could Just imagine the male character (I call him Mylo) he's just happy and he runs around he's a normal happy urban boy I picture him runing around in a red flash hoodie making graffitis and having fun evading the law.

then it kinda just segways into Paradise where this sad urban (hipster) girl (Xyloto) is trying to dream of a perfect world in between the big buildings and i just see her go with a group of people.

After it just switchs to Mylo who joins a group of "graffiti" friends (i imagine them as the car kids or the lost boys) and then at the end of this song is where he meets Xyloto (I picture the calm piano outro of CB as where he sees Xyloto for the first time and its just the sound of love at first sight)

and it just kinda moves into this romantic ballad (UATW) where they can't imagine their life without each other and they just feel perfect in each other's arms (Tht is like the smooth romantic guitar riff)

And after UATW they just kinda walk into the sunrise (M.M.I.X.) and start breaking free from this "oppressive urban environment" (ETIAW)

but they get caught by big brother, the authority and they get separated from each other (Major Minus). they way i picture it, Mylo got chased from the city and under the pressure of hiding from big brother he cracks and has a fight with Xyloto (MM solo) and he just runs away (MM outro)....

then he's walking on a big long road, on an empty field and he realizes what he's done (U.F.O.) so he runs back to the city to meet Xyloto once again (U.F.O outro , segway into PoC)

Then he meets Xyloto again and they solve their problems in an argument, they both say their side of the story (PoC).

So after they solve their problems, they just go watch the sunset together and realize their problems are over and they can finally live happilly ever after (UiF)

and it just kinda moves into a build up (AHT) wich brings into this last scene where they run in a renewed city, full of colours, ridden of big brother and every one is just rising again and happy (DLIBYH) and they march again into the sunset on a last happy note (UWTB)...

that's what I got from the first listen.... It almost made me cry when I finished the album... it's just brilliant!

I like it

Thanks! :D

they sshould actually release a movie for the album a couple years from now, like 2 years from now! :nod: itd be amazing

Hahahaha... I keep imagining across the universe except with Coldplay. Which would be kinda awesome, but... I didn't really like the movie :P

Hahahaha... I keep imagining across the universe except with Coldplay. Which would be kinda awesome, but... I didn't really like the movie :P

haha yeah! and me neither! :\ I imagine it more kind of like Guy said in an interview, a Yellow Submarine style animated movie! it'd be brilliant! :)

It absolutely sounds like a soundtrack. The more I listen on repeat, the more I adore it. It really is amazing. People have to listen a few more times. VLV took me a while to get used to, but like I said earlier, this is feeling like home already. And even the songs I didn't like are growing on me in the context of the story...

Can't wait to get my pop-up album.

Everything up to this point makes sense.

Here's the thing...they don't solve their problems in Princess of China. That's where their problems peak and they finally break up.

Up in Flames is the male protagonist (Mylo) reflecting on the relationship which they just ended ("so it's over..."). Near the end, Mylo decides he wants to do whatever it takes to save the relationship ("can we pour some water on (the flames)?"), and that's where A Hopeful Transmission comes in. It builds into Don't Let it Break Your Heart, where they finally kiss and make up, and Up With the Birds is the finale/walk into the sunset.

^I agree, but I think he moves on. (I'd like to go where no one knows my name) and realizes life is bigger than one heartbreak or relationship. Also the title of Don't let it Break Your Heart means more that life goes on than the couple getting back together...that's what I get from the end anyway...it's frikin amazing though :D

^I agree, but I think he moves on. (I'd like to go where no one knows my name) and realizes life is bigger than one heartbreak or relationship. Also the title of Don't let it Break Your Heart means more that life goes on than the couple getting back together...that's what I get from the end anyway...it's frikin amazing though :D

I think it kinda has to do with ones interpretation of it, which is effected by what they are feeling like at the time... I kinda viewed it as them breaking up and it being over and them not thinking they'll talk anymore.. and then they realize that they still care for each other and they put their differences and agree to be best friends forever... And then they go to a llama farm and ride around all day and night on llama back, sipping on gin and tonic.

You know what?

I think you're right. :lol:

My interpretation just changed to match yours.